Apex Legends Season 6: Boosted Discussion

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Apex Legends Season 6: Boosted Discussion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzdGo7FBndA - Season 6 Launch Trailer

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/apex-legends/season-6 - Information about Season 6 on Apex Legends official website

So the Launch Trailer for Apex Legends Season 6 - Boosted dropped and in this topic you can discuss theories and wishes for the next season!

Before we start, there are some important things to note:

- It seems very unlikely we are getting Olympus as the new map, as the trailer takes place near The Dome in World's Edge

- Loba is nowhere to be seen in this trailer

So let's discuss the new Legend: Rampart.

All we know about Rampart as of right now is that she is a skilled modder, has a mini-gun or turret called Sheila and is Asian (I'd assume Indian but not 100% sure). It would appear that she was responsible for the vandalism of the Hammond Robotics signs.

But why has she joined the Apex Games out of nowhere? All we know about her lore right now is she "made her name in underground fight clubs". My personal theory is that she once worked for Hammond Robotics by building guns (we see her logo on the Heavy Metal Flatline and Precision Caliber Wingman) until for some reason she was fired and expressed her anger by vandalising the signs. 

We are getting a new weapon in Season 6: the Volt SMG.

If you've played Titanfall, you'll know this gun shreds. It's an energy sub-machine gun that looks like a crossover between an R-99 and Devotion. I'm interested to see how they'll balance the gun for a Battle Royale.

The new Battle Pass seems to have some new content categories: Holo-Sprays. My theory is that these are similar to sprays in Fortnite and Warzone and will be BP-exclusives.

We'll be getting a new huge game mechanic: crafting. This mechanic will revolve around gun building or upgrading: no specifics yet.

And Ranked Series 5, of course will be launching with Season 6.

Lastly, let me theorise the important things I've noted at the start of this thread.

It is very unlikely that Olympus is a new map for Season 6: at least not at launch. Of course if the map wasn't ready we cannot blame the developers because the Covid-19 pandemic has clearly been difficult for game developers all over the world. Why we think this is because we can see what looks like World's Edge's The Dome in the background, and one of the future worksite signs for Hammond is situated in the same place as the rocket facility the trailer takes place in.

Also, we don't see Loba and Pathfinder/Wattson in this trailer at all. I have no clue as to why this is, it's most likely insignificant in the lore but we'll see.

Discuss your theories and hopes for Season 6! I can't wait! Standard smile

Message 1 of 1 (187 Views)