Apex Legends Season 2 Weapons Update

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Re: APEX LEGENDS SEASON 2 WEAPONS UPDATE

★★ Pro

I like most of these changes!

Kind of curious how shotgun fights are going to change with the ammo drop... That seems like a bit much. Maybe 24-32 per stack.

The extended mags for Havoc and Devotion could be a bit much... They already shred with a Turbo Charger. It would have been better just to give the Triple Take a few more bullets or something.

I'm also a little worried about there being more loot now... Even more chances to drop with no gun. 

Still won't touch a P2020 'cause I suck with it lol.

Overall, pretty solid updates! 

Message 21 of 34 (689 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Season 2 Weapons Update

★ Expert
@SS_Mabezan I do believe he's coming to Apex, when is the question!
Message 22 of 34 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@warslag wrote:

Maybe "weapon-swap tactics" means you'll be able to switch more quickly to some weapons? Maybe "weapon-swap tactics" could be part of the new hop-ups or even what that new inventory slot is for?

Well if the Triple Take - which I use a lot anyway - gets a buff then I'll definitely be using it with a P2020 and the hop-up. Sounds fantastic to me! :eahigh_file:

I'm sure it means, shred shields with main weapon, but instead of reloading, a P2020 can be used for the "fleshy" unshielded part of the kill. I think it's a good move imo.

Like the sound of all of this. Looking foward to S2 Standard smile

Edit: @jonesy0218 has a point about "more loot". Hope these additions don't over bloat the loot tables. IMO some of the longer range sights don't need to be as abundant. Hope they tweak the loot tables accordingly.

Message 23 of 34 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]

why would I want to use garbage p2020 / mozam, when I can use mastiff, R99, Spitfire, Prowler for end game?

Message 24 of 34 (642 Views)

Community Manager

@lBreathTakingl wrote:

why would I want to use garbage p2020 / mozam, when I can use mastiff, R99, Spitfire, Prowler for end game?

For experiments in the bunker, of course.

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 34 (637 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Season 2 Weapons Update

★★★ Expert

YAY!

They took my idea to add extended energy magazines and (im assuming) scale down the basic clip size.

Soooooo happy about this. The Havoc was pretty much equivalent to finding a gold R301 and dominated the first fights after dropping.

So so glad about the energy gun changes.

Message 26 of 34 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Are you 100% god damn serious? Energy Weapons being the most OP BS in the game is not addressed but instead YOU ARE BASICALLY BUFFING THEM. Are you freakin' serious right now? Not only are you introducing extended mags to weapons that can down a full purple shielded squad without having to reload but you're letting people carry MORE AMMO WHILE USING LESS INVENTORY SPACE. Whoever the hell is responsible for your weapon ballancing needs a gigantic kick to the head to knock some damn sense in to them....jesus..

That's it, I'm done. Energy weapons were the reason I left the first time, they were the reason I have stopped playing for the second time. I was going to give season 2 a chance thinking "You know what, they sorted out the Wingman and the PK..surely they won't let energy weapons go unchecked" and boy was I wrong..Making the most lethal weapons even more lethal while drastically destroying the ammo of the only natural and reliable close range counter to them (Shotguns) because reasons I guess?

Message 27 of 34 (596 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@ThatFawkzi I think you'll need an extended mag lvl 3 to reach 32ammo rounds on Havoc and 44ammo rounds on Devotion. That's a nerf for early game. Not op. Am i wrong or I didn't understand a thing.

The only buff i see is the energy ammo capacity in your backpack from 60>80.
Message 28 of 34 (586 Views)

★★★★ Guide

That's overkill on the shotgun stack nerf. 25~35  is where it should be. 64 was a bit too much

Message 29 of 34 (576 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ThatFawkzi xD nerf rushers, gg
Message 30 of 34 (567 Views)