Apex Legends SOLO mode

by erikmrkva123

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends SOLO mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@erikmrkva123  “ AcCorING to Playa data majority of our players cant kill someone unless its a 3v1 or 2v1 thus making it not a fun experience for them because they’re terrible at aiming so solo isn’t healthy for our gAmE”

Message 11 of 26 (498 Views)

Champion

I'd like to add solos just so people stop whining about it. Eventually that mode will die for all but the sweatiest try hards.

Message 12 of 26 (487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MandatoryIDtagI agree with you, I wouldn't complain if solos was added. I would play it, but not as much as duos or trios. I have a feeling (if they add it) the solo wait time is going to be long...

@erikmrkva123There is about 100 threads complaining about this. The devs have already said that solos is not healthy for the game and are not going to add it. Get over it: it's not happening.

Message 13 of 26 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@shadowninja5044  It would probably be trio's that suffered the most if solo was to be permanently implemented, seeing as there are considerable more solo players than premades.Duo's would probably take somewhat of a hit too.

I'm just tired of the demands for solo lol, and people stating that they know whether or not it would be good for the game with no access to the data that respawn possess about their own game.

If they don't want to add it they won't, that's the top and bottom of it. There are plenty of other BR's offering solo mode....if i feel like playing solo i'll just jump on them for a bit lol, Hardly a mind blowing concept.

That being said it wouldn't do any harm to bring it back for LTM's here and there.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 26 (462 Views)

★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

@Wingmannedbro  First of all, skill bracket has nothing to do with what legends i ran into during the last Solo LTM, an overwhelming amount of people were choosing these legends and that's a fact.

Secondly balancing does matter, arbitrarily deciding it doesn't just because you want solo's doesn't really change the facts lol. Tongue out

Either way, we aint getting solo's any time soon so it literally makes no difference what perspective you look at it from.

About 15% pickrate for both Wraith and Pathfinder. Not exactly an overwhelming amount when both combined are still less than a third of the total. So if we're talking facts here, more players are not those 2 legends. 

Second if we're talking about facts here, it's a fact they are also the 2 most common picks in any other game mode. Which would mean by your standards, that those game modes are too troubled to be allowed to exist.

And more facts is that respawn chose to implement legends, which would obviously mean that some legends are going to be better than others.

And another fact is that i'm not "arbitrarily" deciding balance doesn't matter either. Having to win a 1v1 against any player who picked Wraith or Pathfinder is inherently a more fair and balanced fight than having to win 1v3 against a Wraith, a Pathfinder and a Gibraltar on top all the time.

1v1 is more fair and balanced than 1v3 no matter what legends are being played by any of the people involved here.

Message 15 of 26 (455 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag As you know I'm not fussed either way but noticed a lot of people not leaving like they do now when solos was here so although we might have longer que times it would actually be less time wasted for players with full squads dedicated to that mode and also they did state they were working on problems to bring solos in again, got expectations up then said actually no we won't be.
Message 16 of 26 (451 Views)

Champion

@Wingmannedbro  Well i hope you didn't just pull those figures off of dreamteam or something similar to prove a point,as that would be tracking legend usage right now without solo mode in the game. Even if you did, a quick check shows that both legends have a considerably higher use rate than other legends...and that's without factoring in how solo specific stats would look.

I've said it once i'll say it again, this conversation is literally pointless as solo isn't being added.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 26 (420 Views)

★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

@Wingmannedbro  Well i hope you didn't just pull those figures off of dreamteam or something similar to prove a point,as that would be tracking legend usage right now without solo mode in the game. Even if you did, a quick check shows that both legends have a considerably higher use rate than other legends...and that's without factoring in how solo specific stats would look.

I've said it once i'll say it again, this conversation is literally pointless as solo isn't being added.

The pickrate for Wraith and Path is for the sake of rotating your team in late game rings. 

As I said before, legends who are often got passed on were picked in solo's because you no longer have to pick legends with good team utility. Caustic is particularly disliked in a team aspect, but i saw caustic gas every late game ring during iron crown. Playing solo, Caustic was a great pick, so was Gibby.

And having a perfectly equalized pick rate between legends isn't something that would make the game good. Not to mention you cannot achieve this anyway.

A game just has to be fun to play to succeed. Nothing else. Also i do not agree the conversation is pointless either, devs constantly say they won't do things they end up doing, and constantly say they do things they end up not doing.

Just a reminder, Respawns founding CEO made written statements to press they would tweak solo's for a permanent return to IGN almost immediately after Iron Crown.

Message 18 of 26 (409 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MandatoryIDtag True. Almost makes me want them to add solos already so people will stop complaining.
Message 19 of 26 (382 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@shadowninja5044 Well it's not gonna happen anytime soon. These kind of threads are pointless.
Message 20 of 26 (379 Views)