Apex Legends SBMM doesn't work anymore HELP

by pixelschubser3

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends SBMM doesn't work anymore HELP

★★★★ Pro
@Kyldenar Drinking definitely does make it more fun, lol— I will give you that.

But come on man, your solution is to tell people not to take it seriously and not to “improve” to win— while this is a good-hearted idea, it goes against the entire competitive nature of the game. PvP games have a “hone your skills if you want to win” philosophy built into them because its a competitive activity by nature.
Message 31 of 35 (220 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Axs5626Sxa5001 No.  It isn't.  That's completely false.  I find I tend to get very green team mates and come up against very good players (smurfs?  Who knows).  Over and over again.  I've tried ranked a few times and I get just destroyed.  It's not against "equals" at all.  I 100% reject that claim.  Not my experience what so ever.  

Message 32 of 35 (210 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@RockDokRock It might be completely false for you but I know a HANDFUL of people that are under average but win their “fair share” of ranked matches (typically in Bronze and Silver).

Do they see smurfs? Yep. But 3 smurfs in a lobby feels MUCH different than 50 Masters players in your lobby. Please don’t tell me those two things feel similar.
Message 33 of 35 (192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Axs5626Sxa5001 Glad to hear some people are having some success.  My experience was awful.  I tried it for about 50 matches. No desire to go back to it.  

I'm an average player.  My KD dropped from about .7 to less than .1 in that time period.  This was Bronze IV.  Just getting hammered over and over again.  Someone sees you, you're dead.  Nobody misses.   I do fine in pubs.

Won't touch ranked again anytime soon.  Genuinely felt like I was just being farmed for easy kills. No thanks.

Don't get me wrong, if it works for you and you enjoy it then go for it.  That goes for any of the modes.  I'm not a huge fan of arenas but other people love it and that's great.  It's just not for me that's all.

Having said that... I would entertain trying it again with a proper pre-made squad.  Randoms were incredibly painful.  I'm sure they did their best but it just didn't click.  Many were very green.  On two occasions I actually had to explain why getting the Blue Body shield was a good idea over their white one.  Seriously.  That's what I had to work with.  Then we'd get destroyed by a squad with 10,000+ kills between them or a level 15 guy with 50 kills.  Over and over.  My experience is the match making is broke.  I am pushing 13,000 games played so I suspect the match making takes this into account and inflates my ability higher than it actually is when forming squads which is why I get really green team-mates.  I'm not mad at them, we were all noobs once and I tried to coach them as best I can.  It's not their fault they were matched with me so I don't take out my frustration on them.  I try to help.  But Ranked was just destroying my stats and was a really unpleasant experience.

Message 34 of 35 (165 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Axs5626Sxa5001 wrote:
@RockDokRockIt might be completely false for you but I know a HANDFUL of people that are under average but win their “fair share” of ranked matches (typically in Bronze and Silver).

Do they see smurfs? Yep. But 3 smurfs in a lobby feels MUCH different than 50 Masters players in your lobby. Please don’t tell me those two things feel similar.

Ok lets get this picture a bit more true, last split I played we started late with the climb. Gold was 80% smurfs, I was dancing with joy every time I could see anyone above lvl 30. Most of those carried 20 bombs and 4K badges that is the reality of low level ranked now, its catering for yt and twitch wannabees making smurfs to be able to make content. Its only good 14 days after season start and up to half way through the split, then its the very best experience in the game but outside of that its horrid at low levels.

For me the big difference between ranked and pubs is that in pubs I don't really care about winning, I care about having fun and do all those things I try swallow when I do ranked to get good points every round. I don't care if I meet the same level of people in pubs as I do in ranked most of those play shoulders down and with a big smile anyhow so its different experience all in all.

Every time I get in a lobby with a less proficient crown I feel bad, its almost like taking candy from kids and its just not right - the matchmaking have to be there. This is one of the reasons all the cheating comments are tossed around, a masters precision with an r99 for a silver player makes them think the player has aimbot, wallhacks and just fill in the list of cheats here []. To learn how to peak and instantly get out of the beam is not learnable for a silver when meeting a pred, they die before they understand what they did wrong. The matchmaking really have to be there. I am sorry if you feel too sweaty in every game you do, its just apex Standard smile

Message 35 of 35 (130 Views)