Re: Apex Legends Ranked is turning into hide and seek! Add Solo’s

by LtHitlis

Original Post

@AWOL_312 Agree. I would have thought it would be worse.
Message 11 of 28 (425 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

Solos = camping with barbecue contest. Find a nice hiding spot with Crypto  and wait patiently with the charge rifle ready. When the drone starts pinging  the headless chicken pushing each other in or running from the sting of the ring, make sure you fry more than the competitors or seek where the other beams come from, so you can fry the fellow campers right when they're enjoying their tasty KFC (Kills by Frying with Charge).

But at least in solo that only effects themselves. I don’t mined hunting campers. It’s having to sit in a room for 10 plus minutes with them that is boring the %*&$ out of me. Or if I choose to leave and get knocked because I’m all by my self. Of course they don’t leave their hiding spot to come save or respawn me. Then I have to sit and watch them sit in a room for a few more minutes will my timer runs out so I don’t get a penalty for leaving before I’m still spawnable. Like I said, just my opinion, this is a shooter game. Maybe give more points for damage and kills and only give little difference in bonus for top ten finishers. Get people out their shooting in a shooter game!

Message 12 of 28 (419 Views)

★★★ Expert
@LtHitlis Try Titanfall 2 then, you'll recognize the weapons and movement and enjoy the game modes there.
Message 13 of 28 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

With kill multiplier, the rank doesn't get much points if you purely camping for placement but no kill, you only get littel points. That's a good chance.

But off course, you can't chance people playstyle/habit, you can only minimize/reduce it. 

It's BR, so camping is legit strategy, whether u like it or not, accept it.

Message 14 of 28 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

"Solos = camping with barbecue contest. Find a nice hiding spot with Crypto  and wait patiently with the charge rifle ready. When the drone starts pinging  the headless chicken pushing each other in or running from the sting of the ring, make sure you fry more than the competitors or seek where the other beams come from, so you can fry the fellow campers right when they're enjoying their tasty KFC (Kills by Frying with Charge)."

@DoYaSeeMeI have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and this post makes no sense at all but for some reason I like it.

Message 15 of 28 (385 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Wreck_It_Lopers I am describing the meta of solos Standard smile.
Message 16 of 28 (382 Views)

★★★ Guide
@asukojo a... dude, there is a diferents between camping and hiding.
Message 17 of 28 (361 Views)

★★★ Guide
@LtHitlis and rushing EVERYTHING you see is a bad strategy too.

i remember a guy who telling him 3 times the ring is closing we have to move, the ring was 300m away from us and instead follow he saw a squad 300m in the opposite direction, he rush he dies and he blame us. he die by the circle and we kill the squad inside of the ring.

srly people stop rushing and kos 100% all the time.
Message 18 of 28 (360 Views)

★★ Expert

I mean it's only hide and seek if the last 3-4 "squads" are solos. I find my team and I fighting off more solo people towards the end and that makes sense. The best strat once your team is wiped is to hide and get as many points for the team as possible. 

Unless you're a literal god who can run around soloing and knocking down whole squads, I think it's a given to expect solo players or even teams camping out final circles. 

Message 19 of 28 (351 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ElBirri wrote:
@LtHitlisand rushing EVERYTHING you see is a bad strategy too.

i remember a guy who telling him 3 times the ring is closing we have to move, the ring was 300m away from us and instead follow he saw a squad 300m in the opposite direction, he rush he dies and he blame us. he die by the circle and we kill the squad inside of the ring.

srly people stop rushing and kos 100% all the time.

I’m not talking about rushing everything that moves. But I’m not into hiding in the corner of every building until the circle is about to move and then find the next building in the next circle to hide in the corner again. Maybe I’m just having bad luck. I’m in platinum level and since getting here it seems to be hiders are very common here. When I get a good group we each get 2-4 kills and usually finish in the top 10 and it’s fun.

Message 20 of 28 (340 Views)