Re: Apex Legends : Quality of Life Improvements

by 1ronKeys

Original Post

Champion
@VanKlaisss Thanks for the suggestion VanK, I've taken it and added a bit more!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 121 of 610 (5,921 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
How about you get rid of smurfs and fix matchmaking? That would we a real life changer for everyone.
I just played ranked to see 5 people with number of kills being 5x bigger than level. :D
Message 122 of 610 (5,897 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Posted this on another thread but i thought it could go here too. 

Hey respawn 

So I play on xbox and there's been something that's been on my mind since the beginning of Apex. 1 is the doors. I'm trying to body block a door and I reload. Now the door is open and I'm dead. My solution is to make it so you can only open doors when aiming at them. This way I can blody block with my back turned so I can watch another entrance. 2 is the supply crates. Sometimes your trying to pick up ammo but you end up picking up a gun since X is used for everything. My solution is X is used for ammo/attachments and holding Y while aiming at weapons will replace your gun. 

Now I know that Apex has a controller setting for hold to interact/tap to reload and vice versa. But holding to pick up a weapon when landing in a hot spot is not viable. You gotta be fast to pick up those weapons or your dead. Then holding to reload in the middle of a gun fight can too cost you those precious nano seconds. 

Let me know how you controller players feel.

Message 123 of 610 (5,869 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Cabowse wrote:
  •  

Bloodhound

• Eye of the all-father scans point more clearly to where enemies are, especially if they are close and directly above or below you.
  • Remove crows from passive as they are distracting and don't really help.
  • When using bloodhound's ultimate footprints appear yellow instead of red so that they are more easily distinguishable from enemies.

NO WAY!!! Bloodhounds ravens/crows are an incredibly cool feature and add to the uniqueness of the character.

They MUST stay!!!

Yellow footprints??? Red is perfect, stands out well and intensifies closer to enemy. 

Would look odd seeing yellow that becomes red... you follow the red until you reach the ultimate red. If you're too busy lookomg for yellow now after your mind is looming for red. Not feeling that.

Message 124 of 610 (5,863 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Add: ability to zoom in and out on the map whilst spectating your teammate's screen.

Message 125 of 610 (5,860 Views)

The sound of dropping loot, or a teamate dropping loot alongside, can be very loud and sharp at times esp next to loot crates. Could do with being taken down a few decibels. 

And just to mention the footsteps from behind still not working Large smile had a full team come up behind me today lead by Caustic on their tiptoes, I died ( both in the game and of fright!) 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 126 of 610 (5,799 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ranked is bs when its only kings canyon, a map that i dont want to play, meanwhile in pubs i get rolfstomped by predator squads every game with the annoying * spanish kids on my team every other * round. but yeah ranked.

Message 127 of 610 (5,783 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I posted the following a few days ago and it got some good feedback. Someone suggested I forward it here, though. Original post as follows:

I've been talking about this with friends for about a year now, and I'm finally sharing it. I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same thought, but I desperately want an Eject button. It would basically be a reverse "hold to break off." When you're the jumpmaster, if your squad of randoms hasn't broken off after a certain amount of time since drop, you can force eject them so they don't land two inches away from you, jack all the loot, and leave you with nothing. I'm thinking they would essentially veer off towards whichever side of you they're on, just barely,  but then be separate so you can freely land where you want without them on a leash. Thoughts?

Adding on to the original post: I understand there's work-arounds. Solo drop and follow your teammates even though there will always be a natural reaction delay. Relinquish jumpmaster and hope they don't hot potato it back to you. Sure. But I think this would just be so convenient. As common courtesy, if the jumpmaster was kind enough to ping where we're going, I'll break off and ping somewhere nearby where I can get my own loot, but come help in a matter of seconds if there's gunfire by my teammates. I'm sure many of you know that there's certain people who see that ping and think, "Oh we're all landing on top of one another at that exact spot? Let's see who gets in the door first."

So I'm thinking, to keep the squad together long enough and prevent trolling or poor jumps, the squad members can still break off whenever, but the jumpmaster will get a force eject option after dropping for X amount of time or when reaching X meters from the ground. Just provides enough flexibility to gear up and not be punished for taking on the burden of jump master.

Message 128 of 610 (5,700 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@BillyBlazes44 wrote:

Posted this on another thread but i thought it could go here too. 

Hey respawn 

So I play on xbox and there's been something that's been on my mind since the beginning of Apex. 1 is the doors. I'm trying to body block a door and I reload. Now the door is open and I'm dead. My solution is to make it so you can only open doors when aiming at them. This way I can blody block with my back turned so I can watch another entrance. 2 is the supply crates. Sometimes your trying to pick up ammo but you end up picking up a gun since X is used for everything. My solution is X is used for ammo/attachments and holding Y while aiming at weapons will replace your gun. 

Now I know that Apex has a controller setting for hold to interact/tap to reload and vice versa. But holding to pick up a weapon when landing in a hot spot is not viable. You gotta be fast to pick up those weapons or your dead. Then holding to reload in the middle of a gun fight can too cost you those precious nano seconds. 

Let me know how you controller players feel.

Happens when I'm reviving too!!! If you try to revive while your downed teammate is body blocking a door, bad things happen. Something needs to be fixed, I agree.

Message 129 of 610 (5,699 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Here is mine if I may.

Wraith:

- Get the voices of the void back to the character utility action button. OR make it automatic so after you heard it Wrath says it automaticity.

Otherwise:
- I can't bound things to 0 (zero) button. I mean I can but it disappear next time I launch the game.

Message 130 of 610 (5,667 Views)