Re: Apex Legends. No titans, wall running or double jumps?!

by MartenPhilip

Original Post

Apex Legends. No titans, wall running or double jumps?!

★★ Newbie

Hi, i don't normally do the forum thing, however I read an article about why there were no titans or wall running or double jumping in the game. I went to comment on the website, but it seems to be malfunctioning, so I thought I'd leave my comment here:

Take this time to ease players back into the titans and pilot mechanics. If learnability is the focus here, you'll find that with time, humans adapt and overcome all kinds of situations. Try making the mechs more agile, maybe more like Anthem's Javelins, or more war-like such as the mechs from Armored Core. If not that, try fleshing out the density of the levels more. Make each area more fleshed on on each tier of height. Titanfall takes place in a more futuristic type of world. Adding more and new designs is more than acceptable. The weapons of a titan are even optional to be more diverse than they already are. They could even be somewhat alien. It did not seem unrealistic for Turok in Turok 2 to use a Cerebral Bore. It fit the game.
Nobody was playing Fortnite at a top tier, extreme tower building battle level when the game first came out. The reasoning here is sound, but I can't feel interested without the titans and pilot mechanics. Keep the game as it is. Add the wall running, double jumps, and titans later when you guys can keep the strategic aspects you wish to retain while staying true to the world of titanfall. Even Overwatch's roster, as diverse as it is, with each character changing the meta as they come is constantly worked on to be balanced to create the game players want. Skins and all. If I know I'll be playing a titan later, and/or wall running, I would gladly invest in learning the game now to be better at it later if those aspects became available later. It would feel absolutely rewarding and players would probably gladly wait for it.

Tl;dr: Add these things later, gradually when you figure out how to balance it. I'd gladly invest time & effort in the game to know these things will be there later.

Message 1 of 24 (1,712 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Umm no this is not Titanfall

Message 2 of 24 (1,679 Views)

★★ Guide

Titanfall exists already, why spoil something new with so much samey stuff.double jumping and wall running can burn in the fiery pits of hell where they belong for me personally😡

Message 3 of 24 (1,644 Views)

★ Novice

Personally, I'd prefer it if they just kept the titans away but added the traditional pilot mechanics. Movement right now just seems pretty clumsy, all the jumps you can barely make, the slides that would've been perfect if it wasn't for the lack of a well-timed double jump. Also, it just annoys me to know that you have a legitimate jump kit, but you can't for some reason use it to either jump or wall run.

But then again I just don't think titans would fit into the game, they're just so big they'd just ruin the whole run, scavenge, survive thing they've got going. 

But as you said, maybe this will all be implemented in time.

Message 4 of 24 (1,538 Views)

★★ Novice

That's what makes the game great 

Message 5 of 24 (1,514 Views)

★★★ Novice

No just no. If you want double jumps or wall running go play bo3 the running and jumping are great. If the add these thing it will just ruin the game

Message 6 of 24 (1,446 Views)

★ Guide
So I think adding things like that would make the game too fast paced. This game is much more fast paced than say, PUBG. You can move from city to city in seconds and across the map in maybe a minute.

I do think we have exciting times ahead in the BR genre. I would love to see a mecha style BR or even a Marvel Vs Capcom/ Xmen BR one day. For this specific game though, I think it is better served without Titans, Wall running, etc
Message 7 of 24 (1,436 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I mean, it ain't called Titanfall right?

Apparently the amount of people in TiFa2 has doubled in the past week. Still a great game.

Message 8 of 24 (1,428 Views)

★★★ Guide
The game is fine as it is, stop begging for additional features that the game doesn't need.

I would want my gun to spew out rainbow farts instead of bullet barrages.

Oh and I want jetpacks cus of gameplay immersiveness etc.
Message 9 of 24 (1,398 Views)

★ Novice
Wow, just wow.

Well, in that case, please accept my apology, I should've never tried giving what I thought was constructive criticism and my honest opinion.
Message 10 of 24 (1,371 Views)