Re: Apex Legends Lite version for potato PCs?

by 7cyanide

Original Post

Apex Legends Lite version for potato PCs?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I badly want to play Apex Legends but my PC specs r low,

i request to lower System Requirements or create a Lite version of Apex Legends similar what PUBG is doing now - lite.pubg.com

There are still many people who love to play BR games but there potato pc and laptops limit them.

I appreciate your every move.

Thanks,

FKZ

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz

GT 710

4GB RAM

Message 1 of 19 (11,693 Views)

★★ Novice

Join the club dude, same processor as you. Would run the game absolutely fine if EA in its wisdom didn't throw POPCNT into the mix. Looks like its back to CS GO: DangerZone and uninstalling Origin altogether then.

And people wonder why we all have problems with EA?

Message 2 of 19 (11,381 Views)

★★★ Novice
true man have the same specs too and most of the people have lower spec pcs. If there was a lite version of it, it would be great
Message 3 of 19 (11,147 Views)

★ Guide
25mil peole playing don't think they will change it . your PC is very very old . u can get a decent PC can play it under 500$ probably . if money is an issue then I guess you really out of lack
Message 4 of 19 (11,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Your CPU is 11 years old.
You're using ddr2-ram.

Perhaps it's time to upgrade, you can't expect developers to tune down their new games or re-release light version whole the time.
Just because there's a small percentage on the market who either can't afford an upgrade or refuse to upgrade.

I used a core2duo e4600 up until July 2018 which would be 12 years old by now. But I finally upgraded since I needed to run 64-bit systems and dx11 in order  to finally play new titles I couldn't play since 2015.

And who knows, maybe there will be a lite version.

But it's too early to determine how popular Apex truly is and how long the growth of the game will last. It could easily have been a temporary hype that sooner or later blows over. It's risky to immediately invest in re-releasing a different version of the game.

Now PUBG is nearly 2 years old and has been the most popular Royale game out on the market ever since it came out. They can risk a move like that, Apex can't, not at this moment.

Message 5 of 19 (11,131 Views)

★★ Novice

I wanna play This Game too Bro i hope they Fix this, Cause I don't Have money for a new CPU, and i Think a lot of of Players have the same problem, i really hope they fix this

Message 6 of 19 (10,430 Views)

★★★ Guide

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Message 7 of 19 (10,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@FKZori 

I sympathize with you since I upgraded to play at a mere 70 fps, but I assure you that it's more than enough to do well.

I would suggest listing the one you have, sell some other things you don't need, and buy someone's prebuilt PC that they're not using anymore.

I bought the one I'm using off craigslist of all places for only $300. This was 4 years ago. Ask good questions before buying and try to test it first.

Every component worked and it's served me well. Sold the GPU last month, just threw a new GTX 1660 Ti on it, runs like a charm. Next to upgrade is my processor Angel

Message 8 of 19 (10,401 Views)

★★ Guide

@7cyanide wrote:

@FKZori 

I sympathize with you since I upgraded to play at a mere 70 fps, but I assure you that it's more than enough to do well.

I would suggest listing the one you have, sell some other things you don't need, and buy someone's prebuilt PC that they're not using anymore.

I bought the one I'm using off craigslist of all places for only $300. This was 4 years ago. Ask good questions before buying and try to test it first.

Every component worked and it's served me well. Sold the GPU last month, just threw a new GTX 1660 Ti on it, runs like a charm. Next to upgrade is my processor Angel

Exactly this. 

Message 9 of 19 (10,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have one question : why do we can't launch the game with that processor ? I have that CPU and a GPU with 1go VRAM, 6go RAM and a win7 64-bit, and the game doesn't launch a window at all ! That so sad, because I think that i can play it at 20fps if I optimise the game ( and there is a lot of video to help people that don't know how to do that )

Message 10 of 19 (9,355 Views)