Re: Apex Legends Fatigue

by The18thFret

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@BigAppleCider101

The game is a teambased battle Royale, you knew this before going in to it.
. We also know that the core of game lies with its legends as the real unique game play mechanic specially designed for team compositions.

So I'm speaking for myself and there are plenty other people who actually agree with me.

And if you really want to know my opinion.

Going in to a teambases shooter demanding a solo mode. Is like ordering a cheese pizza but than complain there's pizza on it. You knew what you were getting in to, you knew what the game is all about, team play, and if you can't meet those standards than maybe, just maybe this isn't the right game for you?

For example I used to love the call of duty franchise, have been playing it since cod 1. Back when the community relied on skill and only ran bolt rifle and anti camp modded servers. But than modern warfare got released and it turned in to a major spray and pray and campfest, literally destroying any dignity and skill based gameplay the game had to offer.
Now, I could have complained and badger the developers in to forcing a instagib mode like the olden days, but it just accepted that the game changed and it's not for me. So I started to play different games instead.

Hope this helps you finding the perfect game for you.

Ps: I actually published a guide on how to solo win apex legends. It's technically already possible to play on your own, you will need game sense and skill though.

Message 11 of 21 (435 Views)

★★★ Guide

We absolutely need a solo mode. I just played three hours of this game, and 95% of the game are just randons who don't talk and act stupid and get killed or everyone else killed really fast. Its super frustrating, and once you loose a player, you are at a disadvantage from a get go.

Having a game where you don't have to worry about anyone else or getting ganged by three players when your * teammates got killed in first 30 seconds would be a breath of a fresh air for this game.

Message 12 of 21 (423 Views)

★ Guide

If the map is too congested for bigger squads then it is def WAY too small for solo. This map is a very poorly designed for solo's. I honestly don't get why people dont see that? This forum is filled with third party complaints. Imagine how bad it would be in solo.. Ughhhh.

If i made any adjustmemts it would be larger squads. Im not an anti social gamer like most of you. There has not been a night sonce launch we didn't have guys on the sidelines because we already had a full squad.

Message 13 of 21 (417 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My main fatigue right now is the horrible lagspikes, disconnects and general netcode/server issues. I probably get a 10+ second long lag spike in about 50% of my games at least once, but more like 3-4 times per game. and it's not my internet spiking, everything else stays online just fine when this happens.

The other issue is the game putting me into squads with no teammates. Sorry but solo play is boring and ineffective in this game, I have no chance of beating a skilled 3 man squad at the end game when I'm totally alone, my skill means nothing because a decent squad is going to immediately realize that I'm solo and just dogpile me in an unwinnable gank. I might down 1 or 2 but you can't out-fight 3 guns trained on you at once unless the enemy is awful or you get lucky.

Message 14 of 21 (415 Views)

★★★ Novice
@denial1877777

I agree larger squads would be a neat idea. Five would be ideal in my opinion and makes it suitable for competitive.
Kinda like the classic rpg setup. A tank, a healer and three damage dealers.
Message 15 of 21 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Fizzleshot wrote:
@denial1877777

I agree larger squads would be a neat idea. Five would be ideal in my opinion and makes it suitable for competitive.
Kinda like the classic rpg setup. A tank, a healer and three damage dealers.

TBH they'd need an entirely new map or to rework the existing map for this. Even though Gibraltar is not meta right now, fighting a Bangalore+Gib comp is currently cancer due to the double bombardment ultimates plus Bang's smoke. A five man comp would enable so much cheese...imagine Gibraltar, Bangalore, Caustic, Lifeline and Wraith. You'd be dealing with two AoE bomb spams, an AoE gas cloud (plus his basic traps), the best support class in the game, Bangalore's smoke spam and Wraith enabling 5 people to portal back and forth...plus this comp has the 3 smallest hitbox characters in the game. 

They'd need to rework ultimates entirely for a 5 man squad. They'd all need nerfed and their charge rates would have to be slower. Do we really want to run into a 5 man team who ALL have their ultimates up at once? The game already is hectic when multiple squads are fighting in an area...adding 2 more people to EACH of those teams would just be insane amounts of ultimate/tactical spam and it would start to overshadow the gunplay.

Message 16 of 21 (404 Views)

★ Apprentice

ummmm...not sure how you can get "fatigue" or burn out after just 2 weeks lol, especially when you're talking about such a great game.

Very odd. Unless you don't work, and don't go to school, and literally play 10 hours a day, then and only then would I understand you're fatigue or burn out woes.

Anyway, my best advice would be to diversify your games. Play a bit of Apex, a bit of Metro Exodus, A bit of whatever. Mix it up. Don't just do ONE hobby because it will tire you out eventually, regardless of what it is.

Message 17 of 21 (386 Views)

★ Apprentice

While I wouldn't play solo, I don't see a reason to exclude it.

Yes for more legends.

Yes for bigger squads on a 'slightly' bigger map (I really like the pace of the game and don't want a huge boring map where you never run into people).

Yes for matchmaking, I'm lv 100+ and constantly get >lv 10 teammates.

Message 18 of 21 (385 Views)

★★★ Novice
Fatigue isn't anything out of the ordinary with 3-4 hours a day you will experience a fatigue. Going higher than would be something I would classify as an addiction rather than dedication.

And yes the game is great, but even I would get tired if watching the empire strikes back repeatedly for ten hours a day.

And though your opponents might differ each match, your surroundings and immersion remains the same. Which will fatigue for some faster than others.

Also, the current map would be perfectly capable of supporting five man squads.
60/5 = 12 squads. But the game play will become rather more difficult as you need to mind your step and properly place your squad in a favorable position. Avoiding being in the open and vulnerable to be targeted from multiple angels. But to me this actually sounds interesting.

Anyways we'll just have to wait and see what will happen next.

All I know is that I'm taking a short break from te game.

And I'm not judging anyone who keeps on playing. I'm not a hardcore battle Royale gamer in the first place.

My true passion lies with the classic simple skill based arena shooters like quake and unreal tournament, but sadly arena shooters are a thing of the past. It's either battle Royale, team tactical shooters with no team play or camp simulators like call of duty.
Message 19 of 21 (356 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jmido8 I wouldn't mind a solo mode. It would be chaotic and unappealing to me. People playing the same legend over and over. I even fear it migut cause various technical issues. Like 60 Bangalore players using their ult at the same time, sound alike fun.

The mode would be far from fun and most likely extrmeley unbalanced

But there's an easy solution to it.

Excluding legends to squad play only.

And use a regular male and or female character model for solo play without any utilities.
Message 20 of 21 (351 Views)