Re: Apex Legends Crash Rate Makes Competitive a Joke

by Bigoldonger4u

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends Crash Rate Makes Competitive a Joke

★★★★★ Newbie

I just want to say how BAD the crash rate is for this game. Regardless of how good your internet connection is, the games crash usually around once to every 4-6 games. 

In turn, I re-load to start screen, get back in my game (sometimes) and come back either dead or caught in middle of the storm and then die. What is trash is you receive a Point reduction even though you have zero control over the circumstances of random crashes. 

Last 3 squads, BOOM Game crashes! Just loaded into a match, BOOM Game crashes! Its a joke. I've read about this complaint over and over and over again every season and it still happens consistently. I love the game but these unfixed crashes really are a joke. If your in it to play competitively, your better off trying to win Gold at the Olympics. Thanks for helping me choose to uninstall APEX off my console. 

Message 1 of 10 (614 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

apex has never been a competitive game, ranked mode is completely broken and unbalanced

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (576 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@Bigoldonger4u I don't have game crashes every 4 to 6. Actually it is pretty rare for me to have a crash.
Message 2 of 10 (588 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@hayhor Got a weird crash chain right after the start of S6, where the game crashed to desktop just before char selection, then, as I reloaded the game, I got into the match just before dropping, but sound was gritty and HUD was missing, textures were washed out and flat, and just before we touched ground, I got booted with a null reference exception error, rejoined again, and game was normal again... Repaired the game, got back in and SAME STUFF HAPPENED AGAIN...
After that, I logged off for the night and have not had the errors occur the following days...
All I have now is occasional stuttering, lag issues and prediction icon flashing... On Amsterdam server with 32ms ping...
Message 3 of 10 (580 Views)

★★★★ Guide

apex has never been a competitive game, ranked mode is completely broken and unbalanced

Message 4 of 10 (577 Views)

Heya @Bigoldonger4u 

Sorry to hear you have a lot of game crashes but don't give up yet!

Have you already tried to create a post on the Technical issue boards?
There we have a dedicated post for your issue and is it easier to troubleshoot this issue.

Give it a shot and maybe we find a solution and you can grab some more wins! Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 10 (574 Views)

★ Guide
@NaRnIaaa This guy knows. Apex is trash for competitive.

Terrible implementation of ranked games.
Message 6 of 10 (547 Views)

Champion

Not gonna comment on the whole competitive  scene viability. However it really shouldn't crash that often for you. Asides from the recent LTM bug I crash maybe once every few months?

Its more likely an issue at your end.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 10 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@hayhor I play on xbox, nearly guaranteed every 4 to six. If my game doesn't crash my teammates crash and it ends up being a 2v3 situation. I've had situations where my teammate game crashed and then my game crashed. Leaving a competitive 1v3 situation. Joke
Message 8 of 10 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MandatoryIDtag maybe so, I have my console hooked up to a cat 6 going straight into the modem with great internet speeds. Funny thing is I mention about myself crashing but I didnt even mention the crash rate of my teammates. Its nearly just as bad. And nothing like getting downgraded to a 3v3 to a 2v3 alongside a human vegetable that didnt bother to try and boot back up.
Message 9 of 10 (531 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EryxApex Similar situation, S6 started and crashed on me like that. Reloaded back up except on top of that all characters were invisible including myself, so essentially Apex had entered Alien Vs Predator mode and everyone was invisible to me...unfortunately I was not invisible to them. I lasted for about 60 seconds.
Whats awesome about that Is I also received a point deduction. Joke
Message 10 of 10 (528 Views)