Apex Legends 2.19.2019 Preseason Patch Notes 02

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends 2.19.2019 Preseason Patch Notes 02

Champion

Im noticing a slowmotion effect in game occasionally.

my fps is high and its not a network issue otherwise it would rubberband as oppose to being slowmotion.

May wanna ask the dev's to recheck the "Fixed issue where players would sometimes move slowly after revive."

This slow motion effect happes to other players in my view (they drop slowly)

I do not know if they are also experiencing this bug.

Message 11 of 32 (773 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Yemeth26 wrote:
FIXES PS4 crash issue??? WHY NOT PC? THIS GAME IS TRASH ON PC, IM CRASHING 300000 TTIME ON PC

It is probably way easier to fix console's bug because they are identical and because crash reports and dumpfiles that people sent are also nearly identical. Don't worry, yet.

Message 12 of 32 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@The_Tibber Either it's because the "bad" netcode the game has (there is proof of a bad netcode) or EA's server are bad.

I don't know much about "netcodes" for games but there was one guy on Youtube who showed evidence that Apex Legend's has the worst netcode compared to other Battle Royale games. So, that's why you may experience "laggy/slowmotion-like" movements for a very shirt period of time. You can see that happen, when you're trying to build momentum to do a fast slide while fightning/engaging enemies. There are sometimes these slow-ish movements, which I assume are caused by the bad netcode (which he also proves in the video why especially movements are affected)

But when you're gameplay starts to run in slowmotion e.g. after you're landing, it's because the server by EA's arent working.

For those who are complaining about their game crashing:

- check if you have the latest driver

- every setting on low 

- re-install the game

I don't gurantee you that these will help, but I hope you considered to do these things. Don't need answers like "I re-installed the game X times". 

Message 13 of 32 (743 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree, im playing on PC too, i5 4500, 8gb ram, R9 380, game is running good but this crashing is killing me !!!

Message 14 of 32 (742 Views)

★★ Novice
I5 7400, 8gb, Rx 480

I was able to reach over level 40 with all the crashing, now it's just unbearable
Message 15 of 32 (695 Views)

★ Guide

I've been playing this game pretty much since it released. I have not once experienced a crash. Not sure if I'm just lucky or what. 

My specs:  I'm running a i7 7700k, 16gbs, GTX 1080

Message 16 of 32 (652 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same setup I have, no crashes here either.

Message 17 of 32 (642 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is getting way out of hands. A quarter of replies of the daily discussion threads on the subreddit are about the crashes. You now have over 100 pages of reports regarding the Crash to Desktop issue. 

If this many people are being affected it should be priority 1. Instead we get Twitch Prime skins? Is this a joke? 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-crashing-without-error/td-p/7421009

Seriously Respawn, You're ruining that market strategy. First week I didn't really care as much. Going into week 3 though, this is a joke. There's 0 Transparency about this either. Give us a dev breakdown, explain the issue, * do anything besides hiding in silence and letting the reports pile up. 

Message 18 of 32 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I have the same CPU WhiteGuy, I play the game in borderless window
at 1366x768, Yeah it's reduced resolution and not full screen but that
seems to have reduced my crashes to like 1 maybe every 30 games.

AND respawn, im truly dissapointed that you didn't include a fix for the
FX 6xxx players.
Message 19 of 32 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok i get it. PS4 needs fix too but... how about PC. I crash like 9/10 games. Game runs super smooth on high/low settings but from no where it freezes for like 1 second and then it crashes, sends me back to Origin. I gave up playing Apex tbh. No point of playing if im crashing every time. Ive tried everything already. Please fix.

SPECS:

Ryzen 3 2200g

RX 580 8gb 

16RAM

Message 20 of 32 (606 Views)