Apex Legend on Steam and Nintendo Switch

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Apex Legend on Steam and Nintendo Switch

★★★ Pro

Hey Apex Legends Community!

Ever since the announcements at EA Play Live 2020 in June, we've all been heavily anticipating the release of cross play, as well as the game coming to Steam as Nintendo Switch, and we initially assumed that they would all be published together.

Cross Play Beta was launched a few days ago with the Aftermarket Collection Event but we received no news on the Steam and Nintendo Switch versions of Apex Legends.

Here I'm going to give my theories as to when these will be released.

Steam

I think Apex Legends for Steam will be released with the launch of Season 7. The fact that Respawn shared the exclusive gun charms as well as enunciating ("Steam too, when that comes out") in the cross play announcement thread at playapex.com, tells us that the Steam version is more ready for release than Switch and may or may not be released before. 

Nintendo Switch

I think Apex Legends for Nintendo Switch will be released with the launch of Season 8. Now, I know we were promised the fall, but the lack of news on the topic heavily suggests it has been challenging and time-consuming for the developers to work on and that it is highly likely it is not ready for the forthcoming season. In addition to this, it wouldn't really make sense to release the game on an entirely new platform mid-season. However I would not be surprised if this was pushed back all the way to Season NINE.

Message 1 of 1 (267 Views)