Re: Apex Ledgends character syndicate.

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Ledgends character syndicate.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi. We all appreciate and love this game in some form or another so be prepared not to allow your feelings to be hurt when reading something different.

Bangalore: The Super soldier. Shows no major intelligence in I.T but excells at strategy and gun fighting. (Can say thank you)

Caustic: Thought to be an evil genius has become a bit of a softy. *Edit: Also probably one of the most ferocious ledgends in the game along with Wattson, sincerely. (Could always use manners and say thank you, shouldn't mean that he is not bad insight but it eventually has)

Crypto: A character who may or not have ancestors from Asia. I try to be sensitive with my words because this post is really to me about not stereotyping people. I think Crypto is handsome if I do say so myself. Also he seems to be one of the most intelligent characters and good with coding which may be a bit cliche.
His drone is aggressive enough and if not it can definitely be distracting enough.
(Can say thank you and use manners)

Gibralter: The toughest character to kill in the game. Hard to focus because he has his dome shield. Perhaps too strong in competitive and ranked if the circle lands in open grounds. He has the build of a very strong rugby player I would say. Doesn't show much sign of intelligence in quests but the shield generators he has must have been incredibly complicated to develop so he must be quite intelligent if you analyse his character. (Can say thank you and use manners)

Loba: Labeled a thief which seems cliche. Possibly is very intelligent but shows a lack of motivation to be charitable or kind sometimes in her manners. Revenant also killed her parents in this fictional story which I am often reminded of. (Can use manners often and flirtatious which is great)

Lifeline: The medic from the West Indies I think. People love her voice and like to try and copy the way she says things. Character doesn't demonstrate an outstanding knowledge outside medicine or being the doctor but likely is very intelligent. Lifeline seems to just want to be on the front line and ready to help. Cliche? (Can say thank you and use manners.)

Mirage: Can go either way, by that I mean the interest in his character seems to rise and fall quite often. A bit of a up and coming Jonny Cage but a bit older at his best and a sweetheart that we as players don't really get to see the depth of. (Can use manners and say thank you)

Octane: Runs pretty fast. A bit of a daredevil and a tough opponent when the character is used efficiently and then can also be a bit of a pushover at times as well. (Can use manners)

Pathfinder: Was always my favourite hero. A.I doesn't show bias however a developer can input bias statistics into the mind untill A.I out thinks or out grows those statistics which if you compare how long a calculator takes to calculate large figures and sums. Does not take long at all. So then the computer figures the demograph and stereotypes labelelled in a population only to understand that they are all in fact "Only Human" - The Matrix. This robot is apparently a nice robot none the less. (Can use manners and say thank you)

Revenant: Another robot. But this time the robot has a "personality" if that personality has a soul you might have to study A.I and soul transferring in depth, that is a joke who know what the possibilities are.
Apparently an assassin but like all of the other characters in this fps. Uses a gun to fictionally kill other characters.

Probably the most overpowered hero and becoming clearer with the meta. (Cannot use manners or say thank you on the button prompt and has often at times been bullied for it making the hero sometimes a headache to play and not really fair)

Wattson: Another sweetheart. I'm still experimenting with her walls. Nerfed slightly with the pylon recently but watching competitive games it was understandable. Maybe we could see a buff in the character making her more fun to play in public and ranked games though.
Also very intelligent presumably and one of the only characters able to keep up with Crypto and Caustic. (Can say thank you and use manners)

Wraith: Self labelled odd ball? And by that I mean no offence. Wraith has some of nicest hairstyles in the game in my opinion. If she had a few tattoos in her next skin I might consider virtual dating for the first time. But no Wraith is a sweetheart and incredibly annoying to kill but quite easy to kill functionally and in the right circumstances. An overused character for sure but who doesn't love a ghost walk. (Can use manners and say thank you)

There is great diversity of characters in this game and I hope it can stay this way and not fall into the cliche steretyped archetype. Which doesn't seem likely in the least.

Only a minority of people see themselves as above other people and that shouldn't be contagious. So it is about games like Apex where people can come together to become the champions and play whichever hero they choose. Thank you for reading and good luck and good games.

Message 1 of 10 (781 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

This isn't really a debate.

You confuse the point I made saying that a minority of people thinking in the negative way of being better than other people. For instance as you so pit it a person that he or she or any variable of human is part of a specific race and that this person who believes he is part of that race is above any other person and labels other people into a race which he does not identify with.

The argument that black or white or Asian and etc is a race (and not just non descriptive words that don't actually make define anybody) is flawed in my opinion and all people are people. If I see the category of choosing to select a race on an application will choose none. 

Science fiction excells at diversity in characters often yes that is what is appealing about it. Apex Ledgends is the first and best game I have played with such a diverse character base and as popular as it is reaching the almost top played game on console behind Call of Duty at the moment.

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (652 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert
@L2push Caustic has kind of become a softy for Wattson, but it’s not exactly what it seems. Caustic only values Wattson making scientific discoveries, and will do anything to keep her from getting “distracted”.

Crypto is Korean.

I am fairly certain Gibraltar didn’t invent the technology that creates his shields, I think he just has it. The technology had already been developed.

Loba is not “labeled” as a thief, she IS a thief. And she’s not charitable.

Revenant is actually a guy, who is having his thoughts and stuff transferred to his robot bodies.
His ult is pretty strong when combo’ed with other ults, but on it’s own it isn’t that strong.
Message 2 of 10 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@L2pushYour assessment of legends and their manners then finishing off with diversity is good but not enough fair hair/skinned protagonists as they think they're better or above others, which is also good?

Sounds like subtle racism.

Message 3 of 10 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fair haired and fair skinned protagonist fit into many generic films of our generation and decade. Apex Ledgends changes that perspective.

Message 4 of 10 (725 Views)

★★★ Novice

I play up to low diamond lobbies and Revenant solo ultimate is still very strong in the meta.

Message 5 of 10 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@L2pushWhen you single out fair haired and fair skinned with ''Because only a minority of people see themselves as above other people and that shouldn't be contagious'' how does that not sound racist?

Diversity has been well established in games and the creation of them for over a decade and while Apex has continued to promote that trend it hasn't changed any perspective or done anything unique.

Edit: Although in previous generations we had mostly white characters in games and films, those countries (which were or still are predominantly white) have made huge strides making their games, films and society in general inclusive for all races and religions and is something that should be praised. Not giving them the cold shoulder by excluding them or singling them out in subtle attacks.

Message 6 of 10 (711 Views)

★★★ Novice

This isn't really a debate.

You confuse the point I made saying that a minority of people thinking in the negative way of being better than other people. For instance as you so pit it a person that he or she or any variable of human is part of a specific race and that this person who believes he is part of that race is above any other person and labels other people into a race which he does not identify with.

The argument that black or white or Asian and etc is a race (and not just non descriptive words that don't actually make define anybody) is flawed in my opinion and all people are people. If I see the category of choosing to select a race on an application will choose none. 

Science fiction excells at diversity in characters often yes that is what is appealing about it. Apex Ledgends is the first and best game I have played with such a diverse character base and as popular as it is reaching the almost top played game on console behind Call of Duty at the moment.

Message 7 of 10 (653 Views)

★★★ Novice

As an example of a current protagonist who as I first quoted to be the fair haired and fair skin stereotype male. I can suggest James Bond. But I understand that even those words can be deemed offensive. 

It is to understand that many people have not had access to the career paths that could have made acting for instance accessible making the choice of established actors to choose from for another James Bond film potentially among a smaller group of people making the possibility of diversity in backgrounds and ancestory smaller.

The post is really about trying to raise everybody higher and moving away from all stereotypical assumptions. Things are moving forward and this is I suppose just one post to support that.

Message 8 of 10 (649 Views)

★★★ Novice
@L2push I suppose now we wait for the man who was well built. Forge I think his name was.
Message 9 of 10 (633 Views)

Champion

@L2push  We've got a long wait for forge unfortunately.

Character profile would probably read as;

High levels of self confidence,

Narcissistic behind a guise of humility,

False displays of comradery.

That's the vibes I got when they were doing the interview of him back before rev's release.

He seemed like a bit of a tool if I'm honest...although I liked the sounds of his skillset and still hope they revive him as a legend.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 10 (624 Views)