Apex Lacks Competative Experience

by 88spiders

Original Post

Apex Lacks Competative Experience

★ Novice

It's stupid that as a sub-100kill player I'm being matched against people that have 700+ kills. A level 25 playing against level 60+s sometimes. 

I think of my matching experiences lately this way: If I want to shoot hoops, maybe I shoot around with my sons in the driveway, maybe I join a YMCA or adult rec. league. But what I'm not going to do is try to play against Lebron James or even try to be a walk-on on a community college's team.

Let me play in matches where I get pooled only with players who match my skill and possibly my time commitment because I want a fair competitive experience, one where I feel like I have a chance.

My demographics: 38yo American with 2 kids working 50ish hours a week with plenty of interest in the game and money to spend on passes, expansions, and skins.

Message 1 of 10 (468 Views)

Re: Apex Lacks Competative Experience

★★★★★ Apprentice

Where's the fun without the challenge? 

Message 2 of 10 (438 Views)

★ Novice

It feels more like bullying than a challenge. I want fair competition, that's challenging enough for a game.

Message 3 of 10 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

get good 

Message 4 of 10 (383 Views)

★ Novice
I don't have the physical time (or probably the reaction time anymore) to get good. Plus, the FPS multiplayer gaming model where those with a ton of time and skill prey on those without is not good game design; it's probably not even psychologically healthy.

You ever play Warhawk? I loved that game, sat at Rank 1 TDM for a bit, bounced around in different clans, played in a ton of tournaments, etc.. That game had a rank system that combined points and achievements. And you know what, sitting at the top ranks, I never said to myself, "man I wish I could just own people who don't play the game as much as me."

I wanted to be the best, so I wanted to play the best. Now I want to be casual, so why can't I just play casuals?
Message 5 of 10 (374 Views)

★ Guide

The best way to get better, overtime, is to take breaks in between games.  The more you play in one sitting, the more stress it has on your eyes, back, arms, wrists, and fingers.  As you take breaks, you will notice that overtime, your aim will improve.  Sometimes when you return back to playing the game, you will notice either an increase or decrease in your aim.  This is normal and overtime things will improve.  Plus! Large smile By getting up and not setting for a long time helps prevent long term back issues.  The longer you set, the more pressure you place on your middle and lower spin.

Enjoy the game, but don't live the game. 

Message 6 of 10 (356 Views)

★ Novice

What dude? That's not even the topic. But thanks for the advice, I guess.

Message 7 of 10 (336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think skill-based matchmaking is a good shout overall.

But I can see how that'll work out in a region with a low gaming population: the game would die (New Zealand I am looking at you here)

Well maybe not DIE. But the number of people with/without 'skill' could quickly become disparate.

Message 8 of 10 (326 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Are u expecting to win every game? Because statistically speaking, no. You have what... a 5% chance to win EVEN IF everybody was at the EXACT same skill level.

Message 9 of 10 (321 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree I am so tired of getting into a match with 2 mates that are way below my skill level. They don't have mics and barely work as a team. Can we PLEASE get some kind of match making at least???

Message 10 of 10 (305 Views)