Re: Apex In-game Ping Prompt System

by xChiLLViBeSx

Original Post

Apex In-game Ping Prompt System

★★ Guide

Apex Legends really set the bar with their in game ping system, it’s honestly the best I’ve ever used in an online game.

I’m not always on mic so it’s great way to quickly convey simple information to my team mates with minimal button pressing.

These days, I’m pretty much a broken record when I turn on my mic to tell my team mates to “stick together” or “wait,and attack together” so it would be great if they could include a ping that could convey that message.

I know this is a ‘team’ game and you would think players would naturally stick together but unfortunately sometimes it’s just not the case.

Message 1 of 3 (226 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I was thinking about this yesterday.

What if each player could use the ping system to vote on a location to which they could be teleported together?

The way that would work is that each player would, as you suggested, hold their ping button or key over a location on their screen or map and select "let's meet up here".

They would then be teleported to the location if they all agreed. Obviously, they would all have to be out of combat and the criteria for using it would have to be fair on other players without compromising the integrity of the game. 

Perhaps the location would have to be decided by the game rather than being selected by the players.

Nerd

Message 2 of 3 (211 Views)

★★ Guide

That’s such a great idea! 😋 that could definitely  help with keeping teams together or reuniting squads after that one team member decides to go rouge. 

Message 3 of 3 (198 Views)