Re: Apex Aiming?

by El_Cucuy_Uno

Original Post

Apex Aiming?

★ Novice

Okay so I was a very competitive gamer when it came to Overwatch and Fortnite. In overwatch ive gotten up to mid masters and played hitscan heroes. Widow was my main, following up with soldier, then tracer, then McCree. I played fortnite and even got to the point where i was doing scrims. So overall I knoe I can aim but when it comes to Apex which i love SO MUCH i cant aim for * and ive converted the right sens from ow and fort to apex and I cant land *. Im lucky to land 3 kills (avg about 1-2 even with a win) and i just feel like im getting carried. All I wanna do is play well cause then I feel good about playing the game. Is there any reason why that you guys can think of as of why I can’t land my shots? Ive practiced so much in the training area and i still barely feel comfortable against real players and idk y! I feel like it shouldnt be a problem with my experience in competitive fps games but it feels like that was nothing! (Btw i played ow for around 2 years and fort for about 1.5)

Message 1 of 12 (4,230 Views)

★ Guide
Here's a couple tips to improve your aiming:
* Record and watch your games to see if you are overshooting or undershooting your target, you can adjust your sensitivity more accurately that way

*Make sure your software is up to date and look into things such as display/screen lag

*Play regularly and practice a lot on actual targets, try and get better at things such as target tracking

(FYI If you crouch while shooting you get a lot less recoil)
Message 2 of 12 (4,209 Views)

★★ Guide

Theres not really any hitscan weapons in Apex except for havoc with selective fire. maybe you just need to get used to leading on targets.

Message 3 of 12 (4,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Raise or lower your sens by .2 every game.  Based on your mouse / DPI, it will help a lot.  Apex is unique the same way other games are unique and you will become comfortable with your own sens.

I've had to raise and lower my sens probably a hundred times, but I finally found it at 1.2 / 1800 dpi. This might be really high sens for you, or low for others.

I've played on Shroud and Dizzy's a lot and both are great to start with. Shroud's sens is very low and controlled, Dizzy's is quick. Neither are 'better' for Apex... keeping in mind Shroud usually plays with 2 other friends and when he goes solo, he gets owned a lot. Dizzy plays solo a lot... basically; low sens helps a lot from far away... but if you land skull town without your friends, that low sens can bite you in the rear. Sometimes you just can't spin fast enough.

People are playing with cover a lot right now. I'm personally practicing to shoulder peek so I don't get one-shot or run into an aimbotter. It's not my preferred play style but... if you're coming from overwatch... idk just pretend like you're playing hanzo and shoot ahead of your target if they're far away :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 12 (3,954 Views)

★★ Apprentice
You're not the only one having a hard time aiming in this game. Most weapons in Apex has a different ADS sensitivity, and adding and removing sights also changes the sensitivity. Check my profile for a few posts about the issue. Worried why so few people are not reckoning this as a problem.

To sum things up the RE-45 seem to have a 1 ratio but the longbow has a 1.4 ratio. So unless you pick up the same weapon every round its near impossible to build any sort of muscle memory to speak of.

Unless Respawn gives us the ability to change ads sensitivity on all zoom levels and give us the option to force chosen FoV during ADS, your only option is to use one weapon with the same optics every round, then mess with the ADS ratio to match your sensitivity.
Message 5 of 12 (4,164 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Overwatch destroys your aiming skill with its terrible hit boxes. And as another guy have said Apex weapons aren't hit-scans.

Message 6 of 12 (4,133 Views)

★★ Guide

Apex hitboxes aren't that great themselves, mostly due to the netcode I heard people say. 

Say what you will about Overwatch but I rarely had the problem that a shot that looked like it clearly hit didn't count at all. At worst something was/was not a headshot despite seeming to be the opposite.

Message 7 of 12 (4,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@stevencloser 

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought the hitboxes are really good. I might test them later but I feel like my moving-shots hit when they're supposed to; even some that feel like they didn't .. but I have heard more and more talk of no-regs now in Apex.

Message 8 of 12 (4,087 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same aiming problems in Apex, tho i never had problems dominating in any other FPS games. I did get used to this game and improved alot, but aiming here still feels sluggish and strange, too much inconsistency

Message 9 of 12 (4,078 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

If you're coming from Overwatch and your mains were hitscan heroes then it's not much of a surprise if you're struggling to hit targets in this game. All of the guns except the Havoc single fire are projectile based. I, too, came from overwatch and it took me some time to adjust to the aiming. As was said earlier, the ADS speed for the guns varies as well, so that throws a monkey wrench in the adjustment too. You just have to go through the growing pains and work on leading targets a bit depending on distance. If you were able to climb to mid-masters in Overwatch, I have no doubt you'll get the hang of this game as well. Goodluck, man!

Message 10 of 12 (4,056 Views)