Re: Apex Abilities Expansion

by MidnightWolfSDJ

Original Post

Apex Abilities Expansion

★★ Novice

I do love the simplicity of each Legend having 3 abilities: Passive, Tactical, and Ultimate. The thing id love to see is more abilities that you could chose from for each legend. So for example, Wraith. Thatd be cool if you could pick 1 of 5 different passive abilities, 1 of 5 tactical abilities, and 1 of 5 Ultimate abilities; all of which have to do with Void/Voice abilities. That way it changes up the gameplay. 

The reason i say this is because when you see a legend you know what abilities and tactics they may use. With having the additional abilities to choose from, it makes it more difficult to know what tactics/abilities, that legend will use. 

Message 1 of 8 (305 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Great idea but there would still be a 'meta' loadout in this format with each legend. Also ridiculously tough to balance considering they would have to implement over a hundred new abilities.

I think fixing gibby's and caustic's hitboxes would be sufficient for the game right now
Message 2 of 8 (290 Views)

★ Guide

forget it!

they can't even manage the balance of 3 skills... imagine 5 Disappointed

Message 3 of 8 (271 Views)

★★★ Guide

what would you say is unbalanced? everything is pretty balanced imo this isnt overwatch

Message 4 of 8 (262 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't know about this. The simplicity of the legends does make it easier to add more just a little bit easier. While I think it's an interesting idea and I don't treat this game as esport material, I like the fact that when I see an enemy legend I can instantly identify their capabilities. I think the game has enough unpredictable/unreadable elements as it is. The loot, the dropships flight path, the fact that any squad can approach you from any direction etc.

Even CSGO handled this with some tact when implementing new skins. Valve understood that their weapons were essentially the players 'abilities'. All guns kept the same silhouette and grenades were exempt from having alternative skins completely. It was all in the name of player convenience. They were careful to avoid any extra guess work when you saw a grenade or an unfamiliar weapon skin.

Message 5 of 8 (254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Think about it:

It will increase the RNG and not about player skill.

Squad vs squad: ur team attack one team, and other team's Wraith pop up gib's ulimate.

Ur team didnt expect it and cant fall back in time. 

it's not good for the game fight at all.

Pls treat this game a fps shooter game, not some moba that rely heavily on hero skills.

Message 6 of 8 (235 Views)

★★ Novice

They would only be able to use 3 abilities per match. When they choose their legend a screen pops up that asks what passive ability, then what tactical, then what ultimate do you want to use.

Message 7 of 8 (210 Views)

★★ Novice

The idea is not to rely on hero skills. (Even though many rely heavily on their hero skills already) it is just to show that these powerful legends have more abilities up their sleeves than just 3 abilities. But it would still keep things simple if you could only have 3 active abilities per match like how it currently is. 

Im not asking for a character to have energy swords that kill with one swipe. I just want more abilities that help support the characters lore and changes up the battlefield. Using the same 3 abilities every single time you use that legend it sometimes gets old. So having more abilities would help the longevity of the game if implemented right (balanced). 

Thanks for your feedback though!

Message 8 of 8 (203 Views)