Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anyone still playing this?

by Alvanian

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

I have to sadly admit - I played for 4 hours yesterday and still no lego's.  So, I logged into Destiny 2.  I hadn't really played since Anthem came out, but I have the Season pass.  I have to say I had a blast with all the different weapons, maps, enemies, screens, tasks, missions, rewards, etc.  Of course, I am not at max level yet so there was a fair bit of grind to do, but the variety was there.

Looking to try The Menagerie tomorrow and have some fun.  Maybe take care of some long-standing bounties.

I know, I know.  the D-word.

Lol, much like you Jonny, I played Anthem constantly until first of June, then said well I have the Annual Pass on Destiny2, why not give that another go. (I got to 30 on my main there and disappeared when Forsaken came out).  And I could quote your sentence about weapons, maps, enemies, screens, tasks, missions, rewards, etc.

I did login to Anthem during Destiny's maintenance this AM, noticed they added more enemies to the missions, strongholds same ole same ole. The game would be awesome with a little more variety included, but what can one say

Message 11 of 54 (516 Views)

★★★ Guide

Gave Anthem another go today.  5 hours no Lego's.  So, back to D2.  Even if I don't get a yellow there, there are still a variety of activities to gain materials to upgrade my weapons and gear.  It's too bad, really; I liked Anthem better.

Message 12 of 54 (470 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, Destiny 2 lacked content when it first launched, the only reason why it has different variety is because of the expansions that have been released, where has... anthem? It's been out for a few months. D2 has been around 2017, so it would make sense.

Message 13 of 54 (462 Views)

★★★ Guide

Indeed, D2 was released September 6, 2017, I believe.  But I think only 4 months later Curse of Osiris came out.  Indeed, some people didn't like it, but we got a whole new planet, plus an additional 8 or 9 new weapons to grind for (with set results, not random hope - you could chase down all the weapons and get them).  Also new armor sets as well.   6 months later Warmind came out.  Etc. Some exotics are random, but some can be achieved by all via questlines - at least you know you'll get it after the grind.

I understand Anthem is new.  We've had one new Stronghold (IE: strike) in 5 months.  No new weapons.  No new armor.  No way to get the weapons we want other than a brutal RNG grind that may yield no results after weeks of trying.  I can't accept the excuse "Anthem is new".  EA and Bioware are not companies in their infancy taking baby steps.  This isn't their first time.

I genuinely like Anthem better.  I don't know what happened.  I don't know why it's being ignored.  It's very unfortunate.  Hopefully a year from now will prove me wrong.  I've been here since the start and I'd like to see things get better, but it's very discouraging at the moment.

Message 14 of 54 (448 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I love anthem 

But waiting 13 years for new content is kinda making everyone leave 

By the time they do inject new stuff it'll be too late 

Message 15 of 54 (421 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm playing Division 2 and enjoying it.  The Dark zone stuff in Div2 is so nerve racking!  Too bad Biowsre doesn't understand PvP at all.  It would at least give people something to do between content drops (which never seem to happen).  Anyone playing the blue filter thing on PC?

Message 16 of 54 (397 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
D2 went down the other day. Almost logged in.

Decided to mow instead.
Message 17 of 54 (374 Views)

★ Guide

dont forget D2 has Raids, plus things like PvP and gambit which is pvpe kinda thing. its a shame this game doesnt have more variety as everything is basically the same. 

Message 18 of 54 (360 Views)

Hero

A good indicator of a game's popularity is how many people are currently watching live streams on Twitch. At the time of writing that's only 50 people. That's fewer than Battletoads.

I think EA definitely has a problem there and I'm curious what this means in the future. Will BioWare overhaul the game like Square Enix did with Final Fantasy XIV, or will they just abandon it?

I don't work for EA.

Message 19 of 54 (348 Views)

★ Guide

if they abandon and do not fulfil their promises of all this extra content they will have a large class action lawsuit as theoretically everyone who bought it is due a refund. i am feeling annoyed i am paying the £15 a month to play this. 

Message 20 of 54 (306 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help