Anyone notice that almost everyone has a mastiff now?

by Cheese9Man

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anyone notice that almost everyone has a mastiff now?

★★★★★ Expert

In console lobbies, I notice that a lot of people use the mastiff more than usual. I'm not saying that the mastiff needs a nerf but wow it's very powerful especially with a purple bolt.

Message 1 of 23 (656 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone notice that almost everyone has a mastiff now?

[ Edited ]

@Cheese9ManHere is what I don't understand.. The Mastiff hits for over 77+ with a body shot and 130's for a head shot. Yet the Wingman is only landing for 77-90ish with a head shot and 44ish for a body shot.

How does that make sense? The wingman is insanely more difficult to use it has 0 margin for error. The mastiff will fire off 2 shots just as quickly as you fire 2 from the Wingman. Yet 2 shots from a mastiff you are dead it does not matter if it's body or head. You'll have to land 3 from a wingman assuming that you land at least 2 for head shots.

While it's true the mastiff requires some accuracy, the accuracy required is not nearly the same as a wingman. The body shots on the wingman I think are alright, but head shots from a wingman should destroy and hit for 100+.. If I tap someone in the head twice with wingman shots they should be dead. 

Mastiff reload time is also much more favorable.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 23 (542 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man Fight fire with fire . Not much else that can match it in a close fight, maybe volt/r99 but you’ll need to land all your shots cause your dead in 2or 3 shots with mastiff which is fast
Message 2 of 23 (646 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man And everybody in this world except me can kill you in 2 hits with that!
Message 3 of 23 (645 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man Yeah cause it is really strong. I use it as my swap gun or right in the face gun.
Message 4 of 23 (636 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man If you are accurate with an R99 or a Volt you can easily take down a player with a Mastiff. Especially as you have the range over them as well.

It's in the perfect position for CQC but I do believe it needs a slight nerf when it comes from distance.
Message 5 of 23 (616 Views)

@Cheese9Man it does almost the same damage as the pk, why would it need a nerf? you're saying a ground weapon shouldn't do as much damage as a care package weapon? madness...lol
Message 6 of 23 (592 Views)

★ Pro
@Srksii And me xD
Message 7 of 23 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cheese9ManHere is what I don't understand.. The Mastiff hits for over 77+ with a body shot and 130's for a head shot. Yet the Wingman is only landing for 77-90ish with a head shot and 44ish for a body shot.

How does that make sense? The wingman is insanely more difficult to use it has 0 margin for error. The mastiff will fire off 2 shots just as quickly as you fire 2 from the Wingman. Yet 2 shots from a mastiff you are dead it does not matter if it's body or head. You'll have to land 3 from a wingman assuming that you land at least 2 for head shots.

While it's true the mastiff requires some accuracy, the accuracy required is not nearly the same as a wingman. The body shots on the wingman I think are alright, but head shots from a wingman should destroy and hit for 100+.. If I tap someone in the head twice with wingman shots they should be dead. 

Mastiff reload time is also much more favorable.

Message 8 of 23 (543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DarthValtrexthe shotgun spreads out and does a fox god hand sign be4 hitting which makes the damage 50 percent more than the wingman. respect the fox god for its foxiness.

Message 9 of 23 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]

@gg123xyzI get that, but the point I'm making is you have two guns..

One is requires complete precision, the other does not. The gun that is easier to use does more damage?! 2 Wingman headshots should hit harder and should be able to down a player with a red evo + purple helmet. I've hit 2 head shots on people with red evos and purple helmets. They don't go down, I end up dying because their 2 mastiff shots hit harder despite the fact that the wingman is insanely harder to use.

Message 10 of 23 (521 Views)