Anyone gotten banned from apex because you were hacked?

by justshootmesmom

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anyone gotten banned from apex because you were hacked?

★★★ Newbie

So I noticed around Christmas, a day or 2:after that there were some things iffy with my account.. First when I turned the game on it told me I could only play on one computer at a time, I thought this was some weird glitch so I carried on and it logged me in eventually. Then short after I noticed that some of my skins had been changed and we were in gold 4 but all of a sudden in Platinum. I asked a friend and he said he heard that apex were righting some wrongs on no reg damage and that's probably why.  I was so close to plat I didn't think much of it. But then things got weirder and more noticable and obvious. I had 2 4 k badges I didn't earn, thought maybe it was from winter express because I did get over 4k damage a couple of times, then my favorite Bang skin was changed and I said screw it and changed my password hoping it would help whoever was hacking into my account ( because now that could be the only explanation). Today I wake up and log on to find myself banned!!!! Wtf!!! I know nothing about how to cheat and I'm definitely not a toxic player, so why?? The only thing I do on this pc is play apex and I don't know much else about it. I'm a mom and my kid loves playing so we just dropped about 100$ at Xmas for apex coins on this account. I'm really frustrated and feel helpless like nothing can be done and I just have to deal with it. Anyone got any words of advice? I did email ea today but it said it could take 2 weeks for a response back. It just really sucks other people can ruin someone else way to have fun and escape, especially now with covid... All we do is stay home and play.. my whole family that is. Can anyone help? Please and thank you

Message 1 of 13 (482 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone gotten banned from apex because you were hacked?

Community Manager

Hi there, @justshootmesmom.

For help with hacked accounts, please see the following article. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (459 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @justshootmesmom.

For help with hacked accounts, please see the following article. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 13 (460 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo Thank you for replying. I stayed up last night and finally figured out the right spot where to send my email, so I did send them a long descriptive one! Hopefully they will get back with me soon. After I sent it I saw it could take up to 2 weeks for a response 😩. I'm just hoping they do reactivate me. I did also change my password and get the log in verification set up where I didn't have it turned in before. Anyway thx again!
Message 3 of 13 (456 Views)

Community Manager

@justshootmesmom 

That's good you submitted the dispute, but if your account was hacked, you'll need to open a case with an advisor here. They should verify your account is secured.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 13 (451 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo Yes thank you, this is where I sent actually 2 emails. One yesterday morning and then last night when I realized it was the right place to do so and gave them more info I accidentally left out of the first. Trying to be as descriptive as possible. 😉
Message 5 of 13 (445 Views)

Community Manager

@justshootmesmom 

Sounds good, but you may also want to either talk or chat with an advisor just to make sure your account is secured. Just something to keep in mind for the future Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 13 (442 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo I didn't know I could actually talk with someone. I would love to do that! I didn't see that option. I'll go back and look over what you send before. Thx!
Message 7 of 13 (439 Views)

Community Manager

@justshootmesmom 

If you're in a country that offers phone support, open a case, and choose the option for a callback. An advisor will call you Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 13 (420 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo I looked into it and I'm waiting on someone right now. Thank so much for all your help!!
Message 9 of 13 (418 Views)

Community Manager

@justshootmesmom 

You're very welcome. Have a good rest of your day and please let us know if you have any other issues Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 13 (416 Views)