Anyone else taking a break until season 2?

by jumanjaydazed

Original Post

Anyone else taking a break until season 2?

★★ Expert

Played, paid and complained

Maxed out on everything but whining!  Gonna save that for season 2

What about you?

Message 1 of 27 (650 Views)

Re: Anyone else taking a break until season 2?

★★ Pro

Definitely not playing as much as I was. I only play if I've got a friend on.

Message 2 of 27 (645 Views)

★★ Pro

Same here, everything maxed out including whining due to it being a total cheatfest.

Tried to quit but love is stronger than hate..

Message 3 of 27 (634 Views)

★★ Novice

just keeping in touch a bit xD, maybe a bit more activity after watching what will come

Message 4 of 27 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Been playing Apex on and off again already have the BP maxed out. Waiting on season 2 to start to play regularly again.

I went back to Titanfall 2 and got mvp twice quite shocked since I haven't touched that in about a yr or so. Most underrated game this generation, still fun to play too.

Message 5 of 27 (620 Views)

★★★ Expert

Breaks are for the weak!

I don't think ill ever be satisfied with my kill counts.

Message 6 of 27 (598 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jumanjaydazed wrote:

What about you?

I put these posts with the "I'm done/leaving" threads.

I play Apex when I want. Some days I hammer it for hours. Other days a few games. Some days no games at all. Depends how I feel.

What I don't do, is impose some sort of exile from it. Why would I? "Oh, I think I'll play some Apex tonight.... Oh, wait, no I won't because I'm on a break". How does that work?

Also, bare in mind new content will still be, run, shoot, kill revive. The mechanics will be the same.

Message 7 of 27 (573 Views)

★★ Pro

@Silz616 wrote:

@jumanjaydazed wrote:

What about you?

I play Apex when I want. Some days I hammer it for hours. Other days a few games. Some days no games at all. Depends how I feel.

What I don't do, is impose some sort of exile from it. Why would I? "Oh, I think I'll play some Apex tonight.... Oh, wait, no I won't because I'm on a break". How does that work?

Also, bare in mind new content will still be, run, shoot, kill revive. The mechanics will be the same.

That's every game. Doesn't mean it can't get boring! Wink 

Message 8 of 27 (565 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jonesy0218 wrote:

@Silz616 wrote:

@jumanjaydazed wrote:

What about you?

That's every game. Doesn't mean it can't get boring! Wink 

I get that, but some people hammer this game for 8hrs plus a day then moan about content. I play a lot but in chunks. Not played much this week because I've just not wanted to. Nothing to do with Apex or Respawn. Tonight I may jump on for a good few hours... Not decided yet.

I play because I enjoy it. Everybody gets burn out when they heavily invest in a new game. Play some other games, or do something else and come back fresh, be that in a day or 2, or a month. See how you feel, not impose "I'm having a break" then announce it to the forum.

I could play vanilla MW2 right now and it wouldn't be boring at all.

Overplaying makes games become stale before any content related issues imo.

I welcome new stuff, but that won't affect my playing habits at all. If a new map/gun/legend gets launched tomorrow, I'll play if I feel like it, not because of new content.

Message 9 of 27 (561 Views)

★★ Pro

@Silz616 Great breakdown, and I agree on most of it!

I do think breaking it up into chunks would help the monotony, but I'm also one that thinks a few minor content changes would help in a major way. I'm not one to say I want different game modes, new characters, new maps, new guns, and new skins TOMORROW!!! But I do think some daily/weekly challenges or something would help those players who do play APEX for 8 hours straight... because there's nothing wrong with that either. As a dev, you have to assume people will be dedicated and hardcore enough to put that much time into your game, imo. 

Message 10 of 27 (548 Views)