Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anyone else have a problem with this new update?

by Nicktehbubble

Original Post

Highlighted

Anyone else have a problem with this new update?

★★★ Novice

So I am a fan of this game I find the Combat engaging the classes co-balanced and the charachters and lore interesting. However yesterday after discovering that restricted respawn areas have been removed from the game my lust to play has simply disappeared. Anthem is touted as a game best played in a Team and this move simply removes a huge part of that Team element. The fact that I dont have to bother looking after my poorly armoured Storm, or Fighting past the Horde to reboot the Squad tank; takes the challenge out of the game.

I don't understand why there wasn't simply a UI update to make it clearer when a teammate is downed, instead the entire feel of the game has changed and I'm afraid i won't be playing again, which is a shame.

Message 1 of 8 (208 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anyone else have a problem with this new update?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Nicktehbubble wrote:

So I am a fan of this game I find the Combat engaging the classes co-balanced and the charachters and lore interesting. However yesterday after discovering that restricted respawn areas have been removed from the game my lust to play has simply disappeared. Anthem is touted as a game best played in a Team and this move simply removes a huge part of that Team element. The fact that I dont have to bother looking after my poorly armoured Storm, or Fighting past the Horde to reboot the Squad tank; takes the challenge out of the game.

I don't understand why there wasn't simply a UI update to make it clearer when a teammate is downed, instead the entire feel of the game has changed and I'm afraid i won't be playing again, which is a shame.

I feel ya. Though problem comes more when team ignores downed player on purpose. I've done that a few times when same player just keeps getting downed.

Message 2 of 8 (203 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
I can see that.

It would have been nice to perhaps see it applied to certain difficulties or as a seperate difficulty so to say.
Message 3 of 8 (186 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Same feeling here. The respawn system we had before added more value to the team play, expecially at high difficulty levels. The only thing that disappointed me before the last change was that you were stuck on death screen, no way to get out of the match or to quit the game. If nobody was ressing, you had to alt-F4 to get out there.  I was expecting them to fix that usability issue instead of changing the way the game handles the respawn. 

Message 4 of 8 (168 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Navystylz 

I feel ya. Though problem comes more when team ignores downed player on purpose. I've done that a few times when same player just keeps getting downed.

It could have been from server connections issues. I had this problem before, 1 minute I'm up next minute I'm down again.

@Nicktehbubble 

I agree we should still have a restriction on respawns. First we all need to stop an repair down squadmate, until WE fix that problem the the respawns button is need.

Message 5 of 8 (158 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

First we all need to stop an repair down squadmate.

I feel like people would if it was easier to notice when a squad mate went down.

Message 6 of 8 (149 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Why are none of you ressing your squadmates? Only time you should ignore is if there simply is no way to res them without dying. Otherwise you're losing more overall dps by waiting for them to respawn.

Message 7 of 8 (104 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I don't have a problem with the update, but that feature is (insert a bunch of cursing here).

I rez everything. Frequently almost die trying to revive NPCs. I won't even play Brin's purple contract 'cause when I did all the Sentinels died and I had a sad. :'(

Message 8 of 8 (81 Views)
Twitter Stream