Re: Anyone else frustrated with the event races?

by TheRealJony

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anyone else frustrated with the event races?

★★★ Newbie
Is it just me or is this seriously impossible? I've played so many of these races and I've come to the conclusion that unless you play all day or spend a ridiculous amount of real money on gold it's just not possible at all to win these cars! This ruins such a huge part of the game that could be so much fun!
Message 1 of 7 (2,156 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice
@bjohnson072 don't let this discourage you...

Yes, you need to spend an awful lot of time on the game. No, you don't have to spend much gold to finish SE'S.
But keep in mind that even when you win the SE cars they just sit in the garage without the ability to upgrade them and therefore cannot race them. Just more and more useless cars sitting in the garage...

The time you spend on SE's is a little bit manageable because tickets are released every 55 mins. So you could spend 10 mins of racing every 4.5 hrs... Then when you have a bit of time you can rush the timer an get a few extras...

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,903 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@bjohnson072 don't let this discourage you...

Yes, you need to spend an awful lot of time on the game. No, you don't have to spend much gold to finish SE'S.
But keep in mind that even when you win the SE cars they just sit in the garage without the ability to upgrade them and therefore cannot race them. Just more and more useless cars sitting in the garage...

The time you spend on SE's is a little bit manageable because tickets are released every 55 mins. So you could spend 10 mins of racing every 4.5 hrs... Then when you have a bit of time you can rush the timer an get a few extras...
Message 2 of 7 (2,904 Views)

★★★ Novice

Of course, the rush timer is only good for a particular number of times each day. Add in the fact that just because you have more tickets doesn't mean that you will be given a chance to win the parts you need to upgrade the SE car or if the part will even be offered to you and this starts to feel like a scam.

All this is why I am doing a charge back for the last in game purchase I did. I purchased $20 worth of gold via Paypal so I could buy tickets but no matter what I did I was never given, and sometimes never offered, the parts I needed. I refuse to spend anymore money without any kind of WRITTEN guarantee.

I have spent over $100 on this game, with little to no payout. Shame on you EA, you used to be a respectable game maker, now you are just another gambling company offering goods and services with no intention of paying out. There are laws against this behavior, it is about time I started asking someone to enforce them.

Message 3 of 7 (1,949 Views)

[ Edited ]

Marked yud111's answer as the solution.

@wh17y wrote:

All this is why I am doing a charge back for the last in game purchase I did. I purchased $20 worth of gold via Paypal so I could buy tickets but no matter what I did I was never given, and sometimes never offered, the parts I needed. I refuse to spend anymore money without any kind of WRITTEN guarantee.

@wh17y Say good bye to your account after you do it.

Your account will be banned for chargeback.

@EA Terms of Service wrote:

3. Content and Entitlements

The EA Services include Content and Entitlements. Content is the software, technology, text, forum posts, chat posts, profiles, widgets, messages, links, emails, music, sound, graphics, pictures, video, code, and all audio visual or other material appearing on or emanating to or from EA Services, as well as the design and appearance of our websites. Content also includes user-generated Content ("UGC"). UGC includes EA Account personas, forum posts, profile content and other Content contributed by users to EA Services. All Content is either owned by EA or its licensors, or is licensed to EA and its licensors pursuant to Section 5 below.

Entitlements are rights that EA licenses to you to access or use the online or off-line elements of EA Services. Examples of Entitlements include access to digital or unlockable Content additional or enhanced functionality (including multiplayer services); subscriptions; virtual assets; unlock keys or codes, serial codes or online authentication; in-game achievements; virtual points, coins, or currencies.

We refer to these virtual points, coins or currencies as "EA Virtual Currency". When you obtain EA Virtual Currency from us or our authorized partners, you receive a personal, limited, non-assignable, non-exclusive, revocable license to access and select the Entitlements that EA expressly makes available to you.

EA Virtual Currency has no monetary value and is not currency or property. EA Virtual Currency cannot be sold, traded, transferred, or exchanged for cash; it only may be redeemed for Entitlements available for the EA Service. EA Virtual Currency is non-refundable, and you are not entitled to a refund for any unused EA Virtual Currency. Once you redeem EA Virtual Currency for an Entitlement, that Entitlement is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable. If you live in Japan, you agree to use any EA Virtual Currency within 180 days from the date of purchase.

You will provide at your own expense the equipment, Internet connection and charges required to access and use EA Services.

Link: EA Terms of Service

For your information, you were NEVER guaranteed to win a material you wanted from Special Event replayable races. You only have a chance of winning a material you wanted from those races.

Also, it was your choice to spend real money in No Limits. Nobody forced you to spend real money in the first place. It's not like you have a gun pointed on your head and being demanded to spend real money into No Limits. lol

@wh17y wrote:

I have spent over $100 on this game, with little to no payout. Shame on you EA, you used to be a respectable game maker, now you are just another gambling company offering goods and services with no intention of paying out. There are laws against this behavior, it is about time I started asking someone to enforce them.

Keep in mind that posting threats to start a lawsuit against EA is not allowed in Answers HQ.

@EA_Forum_Team wrote:

We want our players to feel at home on Answers HQ. Anyone should feel comfortable asking for help, sharing their tips and tricks, and having fun helping other players find solutions to get back in the game. So we have a few rules that we’d like you to keep in mind so we can keep Answers HQ the great place that it is.

Don’ts that can get you banned right away

These are more serious don’ts. That means if you do something from this list, we might ban you right away.

• Obscenity
    • Sexism
    • Racism
    • Politics, religion, or lobbyism
    • Threatening to start a law suit against EA

Link: New EA Forum Rules & Guidelines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 7 (1,911 Views)

★ Apprentice
Good man! But I learned my lesson for the Lamborghini event spending a week in vain and I'm done with this. These days I just play for the casual driving fun experience and that's about it.
Message 5 of 7 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We understand that its all about he money. No problembut I also stopped playing the Special Events after discovering that after spending

already money to upgrade in the first 5 days, the last day was extra long and you are NEVER able to finish without spending more money.

- when you state "you don't have to spend money" or " we don't put a gun to your head to spend money" you do not show any respect for your customers/players. You should listen what they have to say and maybe adjust the game here and there. So at the end you will have more players and can make more money...

This way the SE is indeed  a waste of time...

Message 6 of 7 (1,560 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cyberics wrote:
when you state "you don't have to spend money" or " we don't put a gun to your head to spend money" you do not show any respect for your customers/players. You should listen what they have to say and maybe adjust the game here and there. So at the end you will have more players and can make more money...

First off, I don't work for EA or Firemonkeys. Just want to get that out of the way.

Second, I don't know why you're replying to my post from way back in October 2017...

My thoughts and opinions changed since that post.

I'm slowly bringing myself to quit and retire from the game. I can't quit instantly, but I'm slowly doing that.

I've only been doing these four things:

1. Racing in Special Events

2. Completing (winning and losing) Blackridge Rivals races for rewards

3. Using Race Skips to get blueprints from limited-time replayable events

4. Getting Tuning Tools from Tuner Trials

I just don't see the game being around in the next few years when the game is littered with fricken microtransactions.

I'll still be around to help users with their problems with the game though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 7 (1,542 Views)