Anyone else feel the drop rate for legendaries is a bit silly?

by Inkdot_42

Original Post

Anyone else feel the drop rate for legendaries is a bit silly?

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm talking at the legendaries that drop from sticker packs. Not infinity time or any quests.

I'm level 500 something. Played game quite a lot. I've dumped about 4 million. FOUR MILLION coins into 15k and 35k packs and no legendary character stickers at all. Only 2 legendary hats.

Anyone else feel the drop rate is very low. How much coins would you say should one spend before you unlock a legendary character on average? If my luck holds I guess something like 20 million coins? I've recently began recording how many packs I buy to collect data. I feel they should add another option to unlock these characters because these totally random systems are very unfair where some have already unlocked all and some will never unlock  them no matter how much coin one spends. Its just the nature of a totally random system where the key probability (getting a legendary drop) is very small. It becomes very uneven and unfair where some players will need 4 million others 40 million coins...

Please post your experience getting (or not) legendaries from sticker packs. Did you get it from a 15k or 35k pack?

Message 1 of 47 (2,402 Views)

Re: Anyone else feel the drop rate for legendaries is a bit silly?

★★★★ Novice

I have brought quite a few of those packs as well, not as many as you but i have had no legendary stickers at all from them, i have had a legendary for every time i have done infinity though, got the full party rose in one infinity, got a legendary rose tiki mask, another time i got 1 legendary corn sticker but need the other half and got one half of the legendary pirate sticker for the zombies

Message 2 of 47 (2,377 Views)

★★ Guide

I've put in probably 2 mil into the 35k, I've gotten like 3 legendary hats, 1 legendary weapon skin and 1 legendary character piece. 

Message 3 of 47 (2,375 Views)

★★★ Novice
I actually just posted about this in another thread. It's beyond ridiculous how low the drop rates are. I'm around 331 Rank and I just dropped 1.1 Mill in 35K packs about 10-15 minutes ago with no legendary sticker at all. This grind reminds me of another shooter I played recently (not a good thing).
I have fun with the game but I could honestly care less about silver & gold cosmetics. I'll be taking a break until they increase the drop rate as I feel I have wasted a good amount of time and coins.
Message 4 of 47 (2,350 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
So wait, you can get legendary accessories BEFORE getting the character to put them on? And people said I'm a complainer because I just wanted to be able to unlock the party variant with that TOTAL GARBAGE infinity mode.
Sounds like the only ones saying the system is fine are the ones who have legendary characters and don't mind having a one-up on the rest.
BOO!
Message 5 of 47 (2,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I haven't played as robustly as I did in GW1 - given the current state of things. I've probably spent 1-2 mil coins on sticker packs - Only have "The Face of Joy". (aka an ice cream hat for my corn) I also use a banana peel cosmetic to make him look like a banana split (with exploding chocolate sprinkles) as I kill things.

Message 6 of 47 (2,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is a good thing, reason? When we get these legendary characters, it's going to be significantly more fulfilling and pleasurable knowing you're one of the very few that has that character. They don't feel very low for me, I've gotten two legendary character pieces from the sticker shop packs for a few different characters. I enjoy the 'grind.'
Message 7 of 47 (2,291 Views)

★★ Guide

A banana split with exploding chocolate sprinkles for Corn??? Oooooooh I want that!!!

Message 8 of 47 (2,286 Views)

★★★ Novice
That could be why you feel that way, you have gotten some legendary characters pieces while others (including myself) have been grinding with nothing but cosmetics to show.

Don't get me wrong I love PvZ overall but the added grind wasn't needed. I was excited when I unlocked Cosmic SuperBrainz, it took a while but I was happy. The best thing about it is I knew that it would come because I could by the 75K Pack (guaranteed character). With these legendary characters I have no idea. I could unlock all the customizations before I get the drop from RNG lol. Maybe they added this type of thing because they were scared people would stop if they unlocked everything too fast.

Another quick question, are the other abilities for the characters in these packs as well or are they not available yet?
Message 9 of 47 (2,256 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i kinda felt the same 5 million coins spent 2 legendary hats.... thats it....

i would have hoped for something more than that, its just become another FUT clone from FIFA16 where you spend spend spend and get nothing but trash

Message 10 of 47 (2,233 Views)