Re: Anyone else feel the drop rate for legendaries is a bit silly?

by CR4ZEELEE

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So I've now spent more then 6 million coins on 15k and 35k packs and got 1 legendary character sticker!

At this rate ill need to spend 48 million coins to get them all!!!! LOL!!!

THANK YOU POP CAP!

Since I've unlocked everything else of note including every other character variant and don't really feel like grinding 42 million more coins I'm pretty much done with this game. Some gamers, including me, needs to have some sense of progression to keep playing. For me that progression hit a giant insurmountable wall of RNGs in the 0.1% ranges and I just don't wanna play that kind of lottery. I want to feel like I'm on the track to something, not just hoping for all the planets to align and gods of fortune to sprinkle me with rainbows.

Whenever you see someone with a legendary character (not the party variants from the infinite grind mode) you see a very very lucky player. Because that is the only way to get them. You need to win the lottery. Time and effort invested don't mean * in this game.

Message 41 of 47 (807 Views)

★ Guide
lol @ the people saying they have spent 2-3 mil, implying that it's a lot hahahah

I unlocked all characters, aside from legendaries, in about 2 weeks. Didn't port any characters over from the first game either. Do you have any idea how many 75k packs that is? A lot. And I never once felt the "grind".

Casuals nowadays just want everything so fast.

If you want legendaries do infinite mode, I did it once and for 2 pieces. I don't really care for any of the legendary characters I think they're ugly.
Message 42 of 47 (786 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Inkdot_42,

I agree that the drop rate is extremely low, i've experienced that first hand and only obtained 2 legendary pieces (i.e. computer science and toxic brainz) in the entirety of my time playing.

However, you have to look at it mathematically, there are around 6.4k obtainable customization, not to mention character pieces and so forth. Now lets say you pocketed 14m coins and bought 15k packs only, that would allow you to open 933 packs consisting of 1-3 items from either the customerisation area, character area or others. In general, at best you'll probably unlock 2,799 (subject to correction) out of the 6,3k (approx) which is less than 50% of what is available in the game. 

To sum it up, you need to continually increase your chances of obtaining legendary characters by just unlocking as much the other equipment as possible. Don't get me wrong, i'm frustrated that i'm missing just 1 piece from computer scientist before i can play that beautiful zombie, but it is what it is and i will enjoy the game slowly :D 

@Inkdot_42 wrote:

I'm talking at the legendaries that drop from sticker packs. Not infinity time or any quests.

I'm level 500 something. Played game quite a lot. I've dumped about 4 million. FOUR MILLION coins into 15k and 35k packs and no legendary character stickers at all. Only 2 legendary hats.

Anyone else feel the drop rate is very low. How much coins would you say should one spend before you unlock a legendary character on average? If my luck holds I guess something like 20 million coins? I've recently began recording how many packs I buy to collect data. I feel they should add another option to unlock these characters because these totally random systems are very unfair where some have already unlocked all and some will never unlock  them no matter how much coin one spends. Its just the nature of a totally random system where the key probability (getting a legendary drop) is very small. It becomes very uneven and unfair where some players will need 4 million others 40 million coins...

Please post your experience getting (or not) legendaries from sticker packs. Did you get it from a 15k or 35k pack?

Message 43 of 47 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@lSpanksterl wrote:

Hi Inkdot_42,

To sum it up, you need to continually increase your chances of obtaining legendary characters by just unlocking as much the other equipment as possible. Don't get me wrong, i'm frustrated that i'm missing just 1 piece from computer scientist before i can play that beautiful zombie, but it is what it is and i will enjoy the game slowly :D 

I really don't think that is how the game works with legendaries. The chance to drop one does not increase as you unlock more common, rare or super rare stuffs. By the way I've unlocked half my collection already (~3000 items) but have not even unlocked 10% of all the legendary stickers in total and just 1/8 legendary character pieces. Not counting anything obtained through infinity time or gnome room.
It's just a big lottery, totally random *.

Message 44 of 47 (759 Views)

★ Guide

I may just keep my coins for now and hope they come with an update to increase it.

One silly legendary hat after 80h of gameplay is ridiculous.

Message 45 of 47 (752 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Party variants can't drop from packs (at least i think they can't) - which means there are a total of 8 possible legendary stickers to get from packs, don't expect to get them every other pack.

Message 46 of 47 (745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have spent around 15 million coins on 35k packs and i got both pieces to iron Citron and disco chomper and 1 piece to computer scientist, toxic brains and scallywag imp. I can't even get a legendary hat anymore without spending at least 1 million coins and i have only 4 of them

Message 47 of 47 (667 Views)