Re: Anyone else feel overwhelmed?

by Silz616

Original Post

Anyone else feel overwhelmed?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty bad at Battle Royale type games but decided to try this recently because it doesn't involve stupid building which is a start. First few games and I land and I don't have a clue what to set about doing. There's so many things on the floor and every button is used for something that I feel like I'm too confused by it all. I think I'm just trying to pick everything up and equipping everything that says 'equip' because that must be a good sign right?! lol 

..And that's just the items you can pick up that's overwhelming me..The shields and generating them is confusing and is there no proper training mode where I can try it each individual legend? At the moment, I've only played with Lifeline because If I'm bad at doing damaged I may as well have a bot that can heal me, haha! 

I jumped on today after leaving it for a week; I was level 2 and only finished 2 games before. I must've got matched with 2 people who knew what we was doing because they carried me to a win, I only did 500 or so damage and the kills it credited me were hardly my own doing.Even after this I still don't have a clue what I'm doing, I'm just following, shooting and deploying my health bot. Is there a good definitive video/tutorial someone can advise me on watching that will explain the things I'm too dumb to pick up on? 

Many thanks.. 

Message 1 of 5 (439 Views)

★★ Guide

theres many tutorials and tips & tricks on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUYqneuuLOA

heres just one of them Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (433 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

These are all things you learn by continuing to play. you will have weapon preferences and learn which upgrades go with what guns. Im about 75 games in and I still have to keep checking on if they need heavy or energy ammo lol..

stick around and keep playing, issue is some games are 3 mins long and some are much much longer. so the learning curve can be detrimental sometimes. 

Message 3 of 5 (426 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks for the link, I well check it out now! Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (422 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Keep at it mate. I was all fingers and thumbs, and getting destroyed in my first 20 or so matches.

It takes time to learn, and as has been mentioned, you will gravitate towards guns you feel comfortable with. You'll learn what to pick up for what weapon, and only through trial and error, even though things can happen that fast you don't know if you've picked up a burst fire, single shot or full auto weapon lol. Anything you loot, which can be used with the gun you have (ammo or attachments) will show on the loot icon before you take it Wink

This is where a better tutorial would come in to help familiarise yourself with how the game plays in the wild.

Don't get disheartened. We've all had a big * kicking early doors, and I still get big * kickings now.

Happy hunting!

Message 5 of 5 (395 Views)