Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

by OtterChaos182

Original Post

★ Apprentice

its not that as such, i enjoy the game but its empty and not a lot to do. missions are more or less the same. 3 strongholds. empty free play. 
when it works its great but the crashes, the empty free play, the repetition. i cant see this game having much legs unless they add lots of varied content. 
the voice acting is terrible and the NPC i generally skip their tedious dialogue. no decisions you make matter anyway. 

it just feels like half a game. playing GM3 for hours with nothing worth using is just boring. i'll still play occasionally 

Message 21 of 30 (140 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The point when the issues start is when you:

a) Have completed the story. It's not a great story, but compared to end-game is much more engaging, and loot at that stage is more progressive (as you'd expect);

b) Realise it's not about drop rate, but about the whole end-game proposition. There are no fun, complex systems that you're looking to loot to optimise builds against. There is no content you're gearing up to access, just the same content.

c) Start wanting to be properly challenged. AI, and fundamental design, does not really address the flight mechanics. Yes, you can just ramp damage to OHKs, but you've basically got the same challenge / AI as a cover shooter, but you can randomly fly at will. This is different to a game where you can randomly fly at will, but the game is designed ground-up to challenge this.

Until the point when these three click into place as big worries, it's possible to hang on to the idea this is an ok game, or a game with potential. Once they do, that's where it becomes incredibly hard to motivate yourself to continue to play or believe this will ever be a great game.

Message 22 of 30 (135 Views)

★★★ Guide

The biggest question I have is why all these people bashing the game are even here. They offer no constructive feedback other than the games broken ect ect. 

If there are so many better games why arent they playing those. 

It seems like they just want to jump on the bandwagon of hating something, specially since its EA.

I am not talking about the threads and people who offer real feedback. Those are needed and fine.

If you hate the gameplay and everything about it just leave and be done with it. Dont come to the forums to keep saying the same thing. It just shows how bad people have become. No thinking for themselves and jumping on the wagon because it's what others are doing.

Gameplay is amazing, content is limited, and certain gameplay decisions are off. But in no way is this game broken, terrible, garbage ect that many claim. 

Maybe they dont like the game, that's fine, but because others do does not make them this fanboy garbage that people claim. It means they like the gameplay, not that the game is perfect, but far from it.

Message 23 of 30 (126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

"We should be use to this trickle of content given recent game history."

EA: ladies and gentlemen, we got him

Sorry in advance! peace out

Message 24 of 30 (117 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

There are certainly criticisms to be made, but boy are some folks a tad melodramatic about them.  Listening to them, you'd think the Cataclysm had already struck, and we were entering the end of days!  Wink

As others have indicated, I'm not surprised by the haters.  Haters seem to be a fact of life these days for most video games, particularly in the forums.  People come to vent and rage.  Hopefully it is cathartic for them and they do not suffer any kind of long term psychological or emotional trauma from having to wait through a few extra load screens or miss out on a legendary shiny behind a fogwall that they missed out on because they didn't use the respawn function to drop on top of it.  

Oh... And, yes, I am thoroughly enjoying the game!

Message 25 of 30 (84 Views)

★★★★ Novice

nobody else, sorry...

Message 26 of 30 (115 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, from here on out any childish name calling or bickering ends.

If you cannot post without insulting another user or group of people then I would ask that you not post.

If it continues then action will be taken.

Darko

Message 27 of 30 (99 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I don't think this kind of post should be allowed. Just want to raise controversy and bait for some flame.
Message 28 of 30 (78 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Aknunsus  I'll have you know I only drooled at the fog wall for a very short time.  I didn't make a mess (though I did wipe a smudge) and if I would have thought that respawn would have taken me anywhere else but my current room location then I would have used it.   Tongue out

Message 29 of 30 (70 Views)

★ Apprentice
love it, DCs and a few things make it frustrating, I have hopes they will get it fixed. All my friends left, trying to get them back for next patch. Will see.
Message 30 of 30 (33 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help