Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

by OtterChaos182
Reply

Original Post

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

★★★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

I love the game but am not confused by the "haters", its just the way of the world these days. I think its a big reach to say all of them are concerned for the game, there are plenty of them that don't give a damn and want what they want with no regard for any adverse effects getting their wish may have on the game. There are plenty of people that can offer constructive negative feedback without resorting to emotive childish ranting, they are more likely to be listened to and imo, rightfully so.


This is how I feel as well. I have no problem with people providing feedback, suggestions, or complaints in a respectful manner, with a goal to actually make the game better; not just bash on it. I think the OP isn't referencing those types of players. 

 

However, there are many, many people who come into the forums, bash on the game, anyone who likes it, scream the same criticism over and over, rinse repeat, and get into name calling, etc. Also, there are many who think everything they could ever want in a game should be added/fixed in a day. That is simply not going to happen. Coding games is a complex monster, especially with EA forcing Frostbite on all its developers. I'm with Anthem for the long haul, not just because I love the game, but I have really liked every Bioware game, and I'm willing to support them so that they DO make more games in the future.

 

If people are hating on Bioware for not making a game they expected, and wanted it to be more like Mass Effect, or Dragon Age, or KOTOR, maybe support them so they can actually make more of those games. Trashing them, if you want those games, and trying to take them down, seems rather self-defeating to me.

Message 11 of 30 (205 Views)

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

★ Guide

@MaireDevylin wrote:

Group 5

 

They don't hate the game, on the contrary, they really like it and want it to succeed, however; due to a lack of progression and any sense of accomplishment within the game, as they do the same things over and over and over with little to no reward at all, they are incredibly frustrated by and with the game. So they voice that on the forums as they are unable to talk to anyone in the game and the developers choose to focus on Reddit instead of their own forums.


This is it. People like myself bought a shiny new AAA game with the Bioware brand, Thinking this will be OK even if they have a few bugs, having been gaming for decades I and most other people expect a few on launch. However instead of a AAA title we were given a basic Beta test platform. This is the initial disappointment, follow that up with continuing technical difficulties this turns to rage. But most of us like the game i wouldnt have spent 200 hours in it if I didnt, but that is not going to stop me from asking why havent these issues been addressed and why all the silence from above. I want this game to succeed and in it's current state thats not very likely. So I hope people keep complaining cause it means they care about the game when they stop thats the end.

Message 12 of 30 (190 Views)

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Anvilfist wrote:

I tend to agree with you...other than some really slow load times and having my ps4 pro kicked out of game...I love it....I have been gaming for 40 yrs...all types and I absolutely love playing this game with the free time that I have. I don't really care about the drops or drop rates, I just wish loads would be faster so I can stay immersed faster and longer. That being said I can understand the serious gamers issues, but I am willing to give the game a chance. Cheers see you all in game 


Upgrade your PS4 Pro with an SSD drive.  It makes a big difference.

I run a PS4 Pro with SSD.  Loading times are really not that bad.  No worse than Destiny IMO.

 

Message 13 of 30 (191 Views)

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

★★ Guide

@Xenowulf wrote:

@MaireDevylin wrote:

Group 5

 

They don't hate the game, on the contrary, they really like it and want it to succeed, however; due to a lack of progression and any sense of accomplishment within the game, as they do the same things over and over and over with little to no reward at all, they are incredibly frustrated by and with the game. So they voice that on the forums as they are unable to talk to anyone in the game and the developers choose to focus on Reddit instead of their own forums.


This is it. People like myself bought a shiny new AAA game with the Bioware brand, Thinking this will be OK even if they have a few bugs, having been gaming for decades I and most other people expect a few on launch. However instead of a AAA title we were given a basic Beta test platform. This is the initial disappointment, follow that up with continuing technical difficulties this turns to rage. But most of us like the game i wouldnt have spent 200 hours in it if I didnt, but that is not going to stop me from asking why havent these issues been addressed and why all the silence from above. I want this game to succeed and in it's current state thats not very likely. So I hope people keep complaining cause it means they care about the game when they stop thats the end.


exactly

Message 14 of 30 (186 Views)

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I don't really get that either.  Well sort of. 

I think a lot of people are just entitled whiners to be honest. 

 

I'm loving Anthem.  I've put in probably 100+ hours since launch, and I've finally finished most of the things you can finish.  I've done all the strongholds, finished the story, explored free play, finished all the non-repeatable contracts, etc, and I've also leveled up all of my factions to level 3 (turns out, there's a level 4). 

 

I've played all 4 Javelins, and decked them all out to MW, and I even have a couple of legendary items.

 

So far, the amount of fun I've been having in the game FAR outweighs the problems I've encountered.  Even right now, I'm sitting here at my desk on my lunchbreak, and I can't wait to get home to play again.  Sure I've done it all, but so what?  It's completely different with a different Javelin, with different gear, guns, etc.  There's a lot of replayability.  Right now I'm absolutely loving being a space ninja (Interceptor).

 

I feel a bit sorry for people who you see complaining about Anthem.  They either haven't played, and are just parroting what they've seen other say (the worst kind of whiner), or they're dealing with the consequences of having had too high expecations that weren't met by Anthem.  So you didn't get a full set of legendaries yet?  Boo hoo!  OMG, you played for 1 hour and you didn't get one?  That's just crazy!!  Better spend 2 hours on the forum complaining about it.  That'll help for sure... 

 

Many of the complaints I see on these forums are just plain stupid or childish.

 

Sure, the game crashes occasionally.  You can get stuck in a quickplay mission that doesn't have any objectives (Had 3 in a row of those the other day). There's a few loading screens (no longer than Destiny waiting to get into a strike though).  But it's a new game that was rushed out by its publisher, because they were sick of haemmoraging money for 6 years without any returns.  Understandable, I think.

 

But Bioware are listening, they're trying their best to fix the issues we're reporting.  They know the game was released before it was fully ready, and they're not happy about it either. They're trying to fix it though, which is the most important thing.  It could be like Star Wars Battlefront.  That game was crap to start, and stayed crap.  Or it could be like Destiny 2, where we waited for months without any communication from the developers, and the game was just empty.  Worse still, it wasn't even fun.  

 

So if you're whinging about Anthem, just stop it.  If you have legit feedback, that can and should be addressed, by all means post it.  But complaining that you didn't get a legendary, and saying Anthem sux because of that, just makes you an idiot.

 

 

 

 

Message 15 of 30 (156 Views)

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Coming from Elder Scrolls Online, I'd like to slap down the claim that Bioware devs "aren't listening". (And it could be that the assumption has formed because they seem to spend more time on Reddit than this forum.) ESO's devs took literal years to implement a small QoL improvement, then when we got it on PS4, it didn't work. (So clearly, they didn't test it prior to the patch.) Did they fix it straight away? No. We had to wait until either the incremental patch (6 weeks) or the next major update (3 months). 

 

Bioware listens. We can launch an expedition from anywhere in the fort because they listened. Next patch, we'll be able to access the Forge in a similar manner. Okay, the content is very limited, too limited perhaps, but have the haters considered that maybe it's not Bioware's doing? I watched a video recently that explained how the game making process goes, in simplified terms, but it always ends with a group of developers whose job it is to cut portions out of a nearly completed game for future release, usually as paid DLC. Which is why some main game storylines don't make complete sense, eg characters not being aware of some important event. For all we know, this lack of content is EA's doing.

 

I'm so tired of ESO's "nerf everything!" approach, so it is very refreshing that Anthem's devs are doing the opposite. And sure, the game is not perfect but I'm interested enough to stick around and see where it goes. Now, if only they can tweak the loot a little... and improve dem load screen times.

 

Message 16 of 30 (161 Views)

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

★★★★ Novice

Eso nerf everything bc of the same reason as every other game ...pvp and that is why I was sold with anthem bc they have no pvp.

 

Message 17 of 30 (136 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

★★★ Apprentice

I was going to add my two cents, but @Haruchai01 pretty much spoke to everything I was thinking, so I'll just ditto and CC the thread.  Tongue out

Message 18 of 30 (127 Views)

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

★★★ Guide

@sgtagem86 

Totally agree.  I'm one of those people who takes his time in a game like this.  I just finished the final mission on Wednesday.  I've only been level 30 since last weekend.  But in my view, this has helped my enjoyment of the game.

 

Yes, I've run into bugs, crashes, loot not showing up (bought a dance, didn't get it, lost the 18,000 coin), and I've been massively frustrated by a few game-play issues (LB causing me to fly forward at my enemies when it's not charged, getting me killed in the middle of the battle where it's really hard to get rez'd).

 

But as you say, the game is fun.  Someone wrote once a few weeks ago that people will get bored of flying around like Iron Man.  Hasn't happened yet.  Still enjoying it.  Lots to explore, and there are enough baddies around to keep it interesting, without being constantly shot at.  D2 did that to an extent, especially at the Shore.  You couldn't stop for a second without getting shot, which was really annoying because you didn't get a chance to actually explore the world - and let's face it, the world in Destiny, like the world in Anthem, is absolutely gorgeous.

 

By taking my time, I don't race through the entire game in a week - fighting bugs and enemies alike.  Instead, the game is improved bit by bit, day by day.  BioWare have been very responsive to the community's feedback.  Yes, they have a lot to do, but focusing on the problems and throwing hate at them isn't going to solve anything.  Yes, we all paid money for this game, and yes, you have a right to the game you paid for.  But if people are that heavily invested in the game, and that upset that it's not exactly the way they want, slow down and take a break.  Come back after the update and see if it's improved.

 

Because if you buy a game that you plan to play for a long time, why race through it all in a week or a month?

 

And if you paid money for something and want it improved, try helping the developer to improve it.

 

Freaking out on the forums and spouting a bunch of hate is a really good way to look juvenile and entitled.

Message 19 of 30 (126 Views)

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed.

There are definitely things that are less than optimal to be kind.

But overall the gameplay is fun and engaging. The story is very good, but not groundbreaking.

The Devs do need to fix a lot. But they have already fixed a lot and are actively working on it more voraciously than many others.

Some people really need to check themselves and their expectations.

And the subreddit being moderated by some of the same people from r/DestinyTheGame speaks for itself.

Message 20 of 30 (110 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help