Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

by Haruchai01

Original Post

Anyone else enjoying the game and confused by haters?

★★★★ Novice

Ive been playing since launch and an absolutely love this game. Flying around is beyond fun, battle mechanics to me are spot on and the world itself is stunning. Dont get me wrong, there is plenty wrong and room for improvement but I can seem to understand all the hate from some people over this game..

Loot, I feel like today players just want the best loot with no grind, if they dont have instant max stats they are complaining about not enough loot. I'm sorry but legendary gear should be rare not something you get each run. It should be something you celebrate getting not something that you get the opportunity to say "aww I have that one already". One thing I hated about Destiny was exotics being so common in the game, if you were raiding you had as many as you could have equipped.

More content, The game has been out for what? a month 6 weeks? In other recent games I've been out of content in a week. I do wish I had more motivation to grind daily, weekly and monthly but again... this close to launch... not really that upset. We should be use to this trickle of content given recent game history. I didnt put in 5 hours a night maybe 3 at most and it took me a good two weeks to get through all the missions and side story missions. it took me another week after that to get a build that I could play gm1 without fear.. Now I'm farming 2 and grinding 3 for build testing... 

Communication...  When someone complained about this I want to scream. Bio has been so involved with the community since launch, frequent patches, responsive to tweets and Reddit posts and updates constantly. I cant think of a recent game release that had better communication fro, devs. No they will not always have the answer fans are looking for cause they need to watch what they say but at least we are getting SOMETHING from them. Not to go back to Destiny but does anyone remember that launch and complete lack of communication for the 1st month? 

I do feel like there is a few thing that make me go "what were they thinking" way points in free play, a use for the vault.. Stat screen ECT but for real look at what you have now and spend some time enjoying whats there. Lets give the Devs some support here knowing that they want this to be a great game and are working their * off to give us new content and fixes for issues. Its one thing to say "hey dudes, can we get this?" vs "The hell.. you guys suck im going to D2"

But anyway... I love the game so far even with the flaws cause I think the good is so good that I can stick around while the bad is fixed Standard smile

Message 1 of 30 (634 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I tend to agree with you...other than some really slow load times and having my ps4 pro kicked out of game...I love it....I have been gaming for 40 yrs...all types and I absolutely love playing this game with the free time that I have. I don't really care about the drops or drop rates, I just wish loads would be faster so I can stay immersed faster and longer. That being said I can understand the serious gamers issues, but I am willing to give the game a chance. Cheers see you all in game 

Message 2 of 30 (603 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There are different haters for anthem but not bc the game sucks.

Group 1

This haters are bashing anthem just bc they are afraid it may effec there favor game population. games like  destiny and warframe... this group has been hoping for the game to crash and burn event before it was release

Group 2

They are * at bioware for making a  none single game or didn't spend there time making one of there favor game like  dragon age or mass effect 

Group 3

They hate EA with a passion ( there r some good reason)

Group 4

They make $ in YouTube by bashing stuff 

Message 3 of 30 (573 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Group 5

They don't hate the game, on the contrary, they really like it and want it to succeed, however; due to a lack of progression and any sense of accomplishment within the game, as they do the same things over and over and over with little to no reward at all, they are incredibly frustrated by and with the game. So they voice that on the forums as they are unable to talk to anyone in the game and the developers choose to focus on Reddit instead of their own forums.

Message 4 of 30 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Much hate I guess comes from Destiny players.

That game was/ is not perfect and those players mask the fact that Destiny also had load times.

It is also boring and the story does not flow well at all.

The other haters are those that want to knock the game because of EA. Granted I absolutely do not like EA but still want BioWare hard work to succeed.

content atm is however lacking in Anthem but I am in it for the long haul. I fully believe it could some day become something great

Message 5 of 30 (563 Views)

★★ Guide

@MaireDevylin wrote:

Group 5

They don't hate the game, on the contrary, they really like it and want it to succeed, however; due to a lack of progression and any sense of accomplishment within the game, as they do the same things over and over and over with little to no reward at all, they are incredibly frustrated by and with the game. So they voice that on the forums as they are unable to talk to anyone in the game and the developers choose to focus on Reddit instead of their own forums.

this right here is the actual bulk of it and even a lot of us have just walked away. I mean really, the devs simply dont appear to be listening (certainly not on THIS forum) so what more can we do? 

if the op is "confused" by people being disappointed by bioware delivering a husk of a game I suggest they do a bit of reviewing some of the absolute masterpieces they are capable of and ask themselves "how did we end up with THIS?".

Message 6 of 30 (560 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wouldn't  mark this ppl as group 5,  I am talking about hater not concerned players. 

I love the game and by no mean I feel like I wasted $60.

Saying that so I feel like I pay $60 for a beta version of a game, this game shouldn't  had been released at is current stated, I feel like EA force them to  have this game out prematurely.

Message 7 of 30 (552 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

I love the game but am not confused by the "haters", its just the way of the world these days. I think its a big reach to say all of them are concerned for the game, there are plenty of them that don't give a damn and want what they want with no regard for any adverse effects getting their wish may have on the game. There are plenty of people that can offer constructive negative feedback without resorting to emotive childish ranting, they are more likely to be listened to and imo, rightfully so.

Frankly there are many that constantly spend their time running the game and the game company down, I don't know what they are trying to achieve, I can tell them they wont achieve it.

To me personally, if I spent the majority of my time complaining about a game, I would go play something else until either I found something better to play or changes were made that would entice me back.

The people that hate EA: why are they here if they hate the company so much? If they have had bad experiences with the company in the past but keep giving it another go but keep feeling let down, imo they are masochists and really telling yourself "I should have listened to myself" over and over and just ignoring it next time seems a bit silly to me. 

There is also the section that want changes, they want them now, and they want the devs to personally email them with every little change so that the player can rubber stamp the changes before implementation (an exaggeration but you get the gist). Communication from EA/Bioware has been good imo, while it has been in different media at times, the community is generally on the ball and links the news when it happens. To those upset that they don't put all the info in the official forums, I have suggested the same but statistically a minor portion of the playerbase actually venture into the forums. TBH, I would rather they fix stuff than tell us they are fixing stuff, but so far EA/Bioware have been pretty good imo.

With any game you purchase there is no guarantee that it will live up to your expectations no matter how many good reviews there are or recommendations you get from your friends. Caveat Emptor peeps.

Message 8 of 30 (539 Views)

★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

To me personally, if I spent the majority of my time complaining about a game, I would go play something else until either I found something better to play or changes were made that would entice me back.

ikr...at some point you should accept that a game might just not be for you. always comes across to me as "make this game for me, even though i dont like grinding my loot in a looter game". its just silly. think they just dont know what games they are into yet?....hard to grasp

Message 9 of 30 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Really enjoying it and definitely willing to give them time to make improvements and add content. It has so much potential with different javelin builds. Just needs some TLC and some smart decisions and it should regain some of the disillusioned and add new players. Think Warframe. 

Message 10 of 30 (514 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help