Re: Anybody plays with the damage indicator off?

by EryxApex

Original Post

Anybody plays with the damage indicator off?

★★★★★ Guide

I tried to experiment with it, because I soloq all the time and there is no communication between teammates when playing with ransoms I found it unnecessary.

There is to much happening on the screen anyway, and I noticed it helped me improve tracking targets more effectively.

Anybody else playing like this? What are your benefits what you noticed?

Message 1 of 15 (593 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Renegade_Prime86 I used to play without damage counters, but eventually enabled them again after no-regs started bugging the life out of me... You know, it indicates a hit, bloodsplatter, the works, but NOPE, NO DAMAGE... Yeah..
Message 2 of 15 (559 Views)

@EryxApex Nope, I need to know just how much I have damaged them.. If I'm 125 total health and I've done 150 damage to them, I'm not going to try and pop a cell or batt.. But if I've only do 65 damage and I'm sitting at 50 or less health.. Then I'm going to try and pop a batt..

I wish I could turn off friendly banners, pings and icons..I die so much because I go walking up to a downed teammates banner and the enemy is hidden by it or their pings. I do mute friendly pings now at the start of every match.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 15 (545 Views)

Champion
@Renegade_Prime86 I have it floating tho so it isnt right in front of the target. As Darth said I need to know how damaged someone is.
Message 4 of 15 (536 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Renegade_Prime86

I tried taking the numbers off this season (but, I still have the "X" and Shield indicator on) and it works pretty well.

Basically, as long as I know what shield they're running and can hear if it cracks, I'm good.

Why I turned it off was partly just out of sheer curiosity of how it would feel, partly because of the same reason you said about not being able to communicate with teammates much because I solo q a lot, and I wanted to see if it would clear up the screen a little bit (and it does).

Honestly, it's pretty nice for me, it cleans it all up pretty well.

But, honestly, im a bit of an experimentalist and an oddball, when it comes to this stuff. I mean, Hell, there was a point where I played OverWatch without a visible reticle (now, that, was pretty interesting. Lol)

Message 5 of 15 (512 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Renegade_Prime86 Nope, I need to know exactly how much damage I have hit someone with, so I know whether to push or not. I can't see how playing without the damage on would be at all beneficial.
Message 6 of 15 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Renegade_Prime86

Makes more sense to turn off X hit marker. 

Having X over moving targets is harder to track as visual distraction. Just need damage numbers as that already indicate impacts.

Message 7 of 15 (482 Views)

★★★ Pro
@PeterN_UK It doesn't make any sense to turn any of them off... You want to know when you have hit someone and how much damage you have done.
Message 8 of 15 (478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@rockyboy1998

But showing damage number already means you've hit them, so don't need the X hit marker? Also I hear audio feedback if bodyshield hit or meat hit

The x covers target when moving, so would be easier to track without it.

Message 9 of 15 (477 Views)

★★★ Pro
@PeterN_UK I have been a COD player for years so it's so natural for me to see the hit marker...

In this game, due to the amount of bugs you get its a good idea to keep them both on. I can't see how that would make any difference.
Message 10 of 15 (474 Views)