Re: Any updates on PC crashes?

by TheHetMasteen

Original Post

Any updates on PC crashes?

★★ Apprentice

The last thing I read was them saying that they would be meeting up with the folks from ATI to try to fix the crash issues on non-nvidia systems. Are there any more updates on overall fixes? The fact that so many people are having crashing issues, means its not something user specific. Sure there may be the majority of PC users who suffer from no crashes at all, but there are still a significant handful (thousands) of people who are experiencing crashes.

I've actually taken a break from Apex for the last couple of weeks because of these persistent crashes. Today I played my first game since Season 1 hit. 4 out of 6 games I crashed. It's the reason why I didn't buy season pass, and i'm pretty sure thousands of other PC users refused to buy the season pass for the same reason.

I'm not here to get troubleshooting tips (i've wasted the better part of 2 weekends trying different ideas... time that I shouldn't be expected to waste on a game that should be tested anyway), I just want to know what are the plans for fixing these crashes?

Message 1 of 3 (140 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's been happening to me since day 1. I play a few games, everything's going fine, then out of nowhere, completely randomly, the game freezes for a second then crashes me back to desktop. No error message. Nothing. And the only thing I notice every time this happens is that my CPU usage was at 98-100% when the crash happened. 

Running a water cooled 4790K running at 4.7ghz and I haven't had this issue with any other game so it's definitely a CPU issue with Apex Legends.

It happens so rarely, maybe a few times a week, but it's still enough to take enjoyment out of the game. Esp when it happens as there's only 2 squads left.

Message 2 of 3 (135 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have a feeling it's CPU issues too. I have a gaming laptop which means it has a custom BIOS that doesn't let me tinker with stuff like CPU voltage. Fact is, I shouldn't have to tinker with CPU voltage when the rest of my 600+ games on steam work. Add that to the fact that there are thousands of people on this forum and reddit who are experiencing the same crashes.

I don't want to sound harsh to Respawn or EA, but having a game that frequently crashes discourages me from playing the game. I'm sure many others feel the same too, some of which probably don't use forums and just moved on to other games. That's potential sales lost there because let me put it to you honestly, if my experience playing this game was smooth I would happily buy skins because the core game itself I fricken love. But when you crash all the time, sometimes its not even worth starting the game up anymore, let alone playing.

Message 3 of 3 (129 Views)