Re: Any toughs on Genshin Impact?

by Warz0ne_Legends

Original Post

Any toughs on Genshin Impact?

★★★★★ Guide

Anybody played/playing the game?

Since I uninstalled apex I need to feel the void and make sure I never download it again to save my self the frustration.

I bumped into this game, I like role-playing games.

Any thoughts? How is it?

Message 1 of 7 (799 Views)

★★ Guide
@Renegade_Prime8 6 yes, the game is an excellent anime-mmo, if you like it, you will definitely like it
Message 2 of 7 (796 Views)

★ Expert
@Renegade_Prime86 it's pretty good for a f2p anime-mmo
Message 3 of 7 (762 Views)

★★ Expert

@Renegade_Prime86 I've done nothing but play Genshin for the past 4 days. If you liked BoTW you're going to love Genshin. The environments are absolutely gorgeous, the quest line is actually enjoyable, and the characters are unique and interesting. Combat is fluid and responsive, though without proper gear the enemies feel a little spongey, and there's a solid amount of depth to be had in terms of elemental combos and party set-ups.

Only real criticisms I can muster are minor things, the end-game loop seems repetitive but that's to be expected of a gacha style game, certain mechanics are clunky in implementation but aren't often used so it's passable, there's a lot of visual eye candy so you're better off playing on a dedicated gaming PC rather than your phone, the recharging energy system does slow your progress somewhat but it seems to recharge quickly so it's not terrible, co-op at the moment is kind of wonky in terms of what you and your partner can actually do, and if you're grinding for common materials you're going to be wandering about aimlessly a lot. 

10/10, wonderful. You'll see a lot of people re-roll for Diluc, an SS tier DPS, but you don't 100% have to. My advice is that if you are going to re-roll, try to get Barbara instead, she's an A tier healer and without her you're going to be relying on food-stuffs way more than normal, and this isn't like BoTW where you can gorge on 30 pancakes in a row, get all your HP back in a nanosecond and then keep going. Everyone's got an upper limit on consumables, so if your characters are too full you can't heal them with food-stuffs until they die, so it's really nice to have Barbara in tow. 

Message 4 of 7 (746 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Well you all can stub your toe for praising it. An anime game I can’t play but want to... well I can on my ps... or phone... or switch but don’t want to. They dev studio has forsaken me, not launching on Xbox so I shan’t be playing the game *cries inside* xD
Message 5 of 7 (731 Views)

★★ Expert

@Renegade_Prime86 Sorry to necro, but I just wanted to update my thoughts on the game but also making sure you see it cause I think it's kind of important.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/j5lksg/to_all_the_players_defending_poor_design_in/

Basically this has come to my attention after me thinking about their in-game energy system, AKA the Resin system. As stated the game has a lot of money making microtransactions, and the resin system essentially only serves to artificially slow players down. At its current Resin state it's more of a casual "Play the story, see the sights, don't get too caught up on builds / maxing characters, etc. etc." which is alienating for people who really like to max out every aspect of everything, like me. It's still genuinely fun and there's a massive amount of content to play, just don't get too hung up on really tryharding cause the current system is going to make that grind slow AF. 

Message 6 of 7 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]

Kind of mediocre to me, because it only has 2 skills + 1 passive per char, I rather have more skills and less char to play, than less skill with more char to play. But if you like the exploring part go or chatting with people while casually clearing dungeon it's not bad. 

Right now I got hooked to Dead By Daylight, after watching hololive vtubers (Korone and Gura) playing it, I heard this game before but never paid attention until now.

Message 7 of 7 (610 Views)