Any struggling to go back to BR?

by hayhor

Original Post

Re: Any struggling to go back to BR?

Champion
@Cro_Pittt But then I would have missed the fun!
Message 21 of 24 (139 Views)

★ Expert

@hayhor True, unfortunately i'm not that interested in gun run, i've played it too many hours in some old cods lmao, and i've lost some interest in BR too. I can't play ranked after reaching Plat since in soloq having good games is hard for me, and pubs were never that fun. Probably i'm at my bottom in terms of interest towards Apex lol.

Message 22 of 24 (130 Views)

Champion
@Cro_Pittt But haven't you read the complainers saying it's too different?
Message 23 of 24 (116 Views)

★★★ Expert
@KelRiever

I didn't even necessarily mean to suggest that arena shooters are bad. Only that they're different, simpler, and purely about aim. I don't think that's a terrible thing - it's just one-dimensional to my way of looking at it.

Battle Royale, on the other hand, is more than just landing the shot. Yes, luck plays a role in br, but I think that the players who are the most successful at rising up the ladder are the players who find ways to minimize the impact of luck. They make their own luck, as it were. Or to put it another way, luck may play an outsized role in a given match, but taking a career's worth of matches into account, the players who stop relying on luck will be the ones with the best statistics.

But where we really disagree is on the idea that the competitive integrity of a game rests on the quality of its ranking system. Pubs has a ranking system too, but it leaves it to the individual player to decide how best to judge that rank (k/d or win rate), and makes it a little harder (though not impossible) to make that rank visible to other players. To me that's all the positives of rank with none of the head-game garbage of an actual ranking system.

But that said, a huge yes to the idea of making Apex ranked look and work exactly like algs.
Message 24 of 24 (106 Views)