Any solution to stop hot dropping in apex?

by Cheese9Man

Original Post

Any solution to stop hot dropping in apex?

★★★★★ Expert

Sooxfar and Jankz had a good discussion on their recent video on what Respawn should do with Fragment. I agree with them that whatever you replace it with, people will still drop there (in pubs) since it’s in the middle of the map. There’s no way they’ll just leave that whole area naked without a POI.

With the new map “Tropics” coming soon next season or two, is there anything that Respawn can do to prevent half of the lobby dropping in one side of the map leaving the other half empty?

I guess there’s no solution to hot dropping in apex? I think it’s just the nature of pub games since we don’t see hot droppers as much in ranked games (though there’s still some of them). They tried to spread out the POIs with good loot but people still hot drop in Olympus. What baffles me is that Estates doesn’t have good loot compared to the other POIs but around 5 or more squads still drop there. Im interested on what you guys can suggest for the new BR map. Yoroshiku onegai!

Message 1 of 31 (1,536 Views)

Re: Any solution to stop hot dropping in apex?

★ Expert

@Cheese9Man At this point there's not really much Respawn can do about hot dropping. Yes, they could remove Frag but then probably Lava Syphon would be the next hot zone. Unfortunately the majority of Apex players lacks common sense so we'll have to deal with it forever.

Message 2 of 31 (1,530 Views)

★★ Expert

TDM mode, the mode that should have been instead of Arenas. I'd still like to know what exactly "sabotaging" covers. Can we just report them?

Message 3 of 31 (1,503 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man Large crater. Also tdm mode.
Message 4 of 31 (1,498 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cheese9Man Hot dropping, it's fun. Standard smile
Message 5 of 31 (1,485 Views)

@Cheese9Man Train yard used to be the hot drop, until they removed the majority of the loot there.

If it were up to me, I'd simply reduce the loot at Frag so much that it becomes one of those, you drop here you're probably going to die without a gun drops.

They could keep Frag in the game and make it a more likely area for final rings.

I'd put the better loot on he outter edges of the map so there is more desire to drop there and rotate in. The issue with doing this, it leads to a lot of running a ton of fighting in the ring. That can get kind of old after a while.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 31 (1,463 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not sure Respawn would want to do this.  Don't get me wrong, I hate hot-dropping, especially Fragment and ESPECIALLY Ranked.  But, like @DarthValtrex touched on, this could lead to less desirable late circles as there would likely be more teams.  Also, this is just an assumption, but I'd imagine a good deal of players simply play for high kill/damage games, or streamers who just play for content.  Hot-dropping tends to be favorable for those play styles.  

While, personally, I would appreciate there not being any crazy hot-drop spots, I'm not sure if it would be beneficial to the game. 

Message 7 of 31 (1,454 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@CCbathwater Yeah I would love to shoot die and then respawn. It will be the perfect way to practice aiming before playing BR. That’s why I loved the Christmas train LTM we had.
Message 8 of 31 (1,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Upping the loot quality at some of the lesser drops would be a good way to spread the playerbase.

KC used to have little areas where you'd be basically guaranteed a gold item and as a result you'd get players dropping there as opposed to just the usual drops.

Improving the hot drops (blue circles)  would be a huge improvement too, would make fighting for that loot actually viable and further distribute the playerbase....or at the very least vary the mass hot drop of players somewhat.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 31 (1,407 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cheese9Man I see no reason that the player base shouldn't grasp this one by the horns. Its not really respawns issue or responsibility. The loot pool isn't great in frag imo. If enough players show their discontent with the frag hotdrop, then change can be brought about by player action.

What I suggest is immediately in the drop ship, go solo drop, if not jm. If frag hot droppers are going straight to frag, let them off. They won't usually last long. I'd go somewhere else collect a decent load out and have a go.

The dead giveaway is they don't ping a location. If they do ping frag, you don't have to join them. 

If they ping another location or just go to another location, then its easy to join them. Ping your own location too. 

If enough players do this then the message will get across to frag hot droppers that they are just dropping to die quick. If that happens every game they'll soon tire of it, although I suspect it may take a while for the message to get across to some. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 10 of 31 (1,383 Views)