Re: Any solution to stop hot dropping in apex?

by DaDeDimson

Original Post

★★★ Pro

@nitool150 Works both ways and the fact it does is one of the reasons I avoid ranked.

I've been paired with randoms who go off on their own or solo drop and when you go down you have zero chance of being revived.  Of course you're punished if you quit.

- DR

Message 21 of 31 (437 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Cheese9Man Easiest solution: ditch them. Land elsewhere.

If the JM truly lackS the ability to look at their surroundings and see how many squads are gonna land in one area, especially if another squad can loot before your’s, the chances are not in your favor.

Yeah, you might have to solo, but it’s worth it to salvage whatever RP (or just placement if you play pubs) you can vs dying immediately at the start. That’s not fun or fair to the other players.
Message 22 of 31 (399 Views)

★★★ Expert

Drop alone.

I've had more fun without a team in Apex over the past few months.  It is an awful team game.

Message 23 of 31 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@CCbathwaterSabotage can be basically anything a player does deliberately that lessens your chances of winning or advancing in the game. For example when I had a player that was JM try to kill all of us by steering us off the map. When we broke off & they died I tried to go get their banner & force them back into the game & they quit. That would be sabotage.

@Cheese9Man I think another solution would be like what Darth said. Make there more incentive to drop elsewhere. But also make other POIs more interesting enough to draw attention away from hot drop places. But there will always be hot drops. I think it works more in favor of those with common sense. Less people who have to potentially engage. If your rando team is one of those that lack that, then you just roll solo that round & see what you can do. I've won some cool games thanks to stupid tms that insta died in Frag or other hot drops.

Message 24 of 31 (378 Views)

@Lord_Scorpion34 Or just divide the lobby into 4 groups and start them at opposite corners of the map. That way, people could hot-drop, but you would only face a max of 4 other squads. As the numbers whittled down, you would still bump into people in all 4 quadrants moving closer to the circles.
Message 25 of 31 (366 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Well I don’t have a problem myself with hotdropping randoms since I usually play with a full squad. I was asking if Respawn could do something to at least lessen  half of the lobby from dying in the first ring and having the middle-late game just looking for enemies. 

Message 26 of 31 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Cheese9Man I've been following this thread for a bit and I'm not sure having better "loot" elsewhere will be a winner.  Frag has lots of loot but it's a bit spread out and, like any hot drop, it's hit and miss as to whether or not you pick up a weapon.  

I'm not sure hi-tier loot zones are worth it either.  I've landed in them and they are usually pretty "meh".

I'm mixed on this one.  Playing with friends I prefer to land somewhere sensible or "medium" hot.  But sometimes it's good to just land in the thick of it and sink or swim.  I *hate* tooling up for 10 minutes just to get mowed down at range by some muppet with a 301 in a ridiculous fashion.  What a waste of time.  There is something to be said for a good honest fight right out of the gate.  You leave with a few kills and decent gear or start again.  I'm ok with that.  But I'm also not too fussed over ranked and I can appreciate how that is a concern in the higher tiers.  I would expect, however, that higher tier players would be more sensible anyway.  Is that not the case?  I got up to Gold something 4 or so season ago in ranked and it seemed to be the case then.  Haven't really touched it since.

I've been grinding Arenas ranked a bit (for the caustic skin, I really don't care for Arenas) and I've found it pretty hit and miss.  Mind you it has put me in Bronze and I clearly don't belong there and I'm getting paired up with some new players which is frustrating.  I try to help them and give suggestions but playing with a bloodhound who never scans or a lifeline who never revives is pretty pointless.  I have to admit, as a Caustic main normally, that playing Fuse against squads who camp with a caustic inside was pretty horrific.  I was able to take them out with ridiculous ease with knuckle clusters and a ton of grenades.  Definitely food for thought for my Caustic game.

- DR

Message 27 of 31 (331 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They should just cut out a huge hole at fragments. Not even fill it with lava, just a giant square void with more skybox.

Message 28 of 31 (324 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just get rid of the badges for damage and kills. They think they're going to have that one game where they go off and get these. Everyone is going to be the next shiv or whoever they watch.  What they don't get is while you might see one great game play on YouTube a day from these content creators, they play 8 plus hours a day trying to get that video and at a skill level that most people will never touch. Put everyone's wins and losses on. Make them show everyone that they don't win or at least show us that our randoms aren't even playing to win. 

Message 29 of 31 (313 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man two suggestions:

1. instead on 1 hot spot with better loots start a match with 3 or 4 hot spots (the spots that singed with a light blue circle at the beginning of the match).

2. Main ship (squads carrier) moves much faster and instead of a straight light goes on a bent line, so more spots on the map becomes reachable and people wouldn’t get board staying too long or it and lastly, faster ship movement kinda prevents teams to land at the same time and same spot together and a small delay make them land further
Message 30 of 31 (301 Views)