Re: Any skill based matchmaking?

by MartenPhilip

Original Post

Any skill based matchmaking?

★★ Novice

I ask this, because one of overwatch's strengths is playing against people of relative skill, it would be cool if this game has some logic for this...

Message 1 of 31 (15,523 Views)

★★ Guide

It currently does not have skill based matchmaking...

..however, I seriously hope they add it. The mechanics of APEX amplify team skill, which is great for esports.. but it also means pro players can win 10+ games in a row, while non-expert players get evicerated in a bloodbath much more brutal than PUBG. SBMM would be a good fit for this game. 

Message 2 of 31 (15,458 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well. I hope they will make this quick becouse getting owned 10 times in a row by teams made of 40-50 lvls with 500+ kills on character on lvl 13 where i killed just 20 players is just... Im fed up. I ihink i just cant keep this up becuse it's only making me mad and no game is worth it. 

Message 3 of 31 (15,366 Views)

★★★ Guide
This question has been asked multiple times already.

The game just had its first week, give it time to grow and develop.
Don't be hasty it's a free product after all, Rome wasn't build over night, neither will Apex Legends.

Future patches will expand on the current system and matchmaking.

Upon popularity who knows, even FACE-IT might want to host a competitive section for it.
Message 4 of 31 (15,335 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It definitely needs this. I am winning way too many games and I know it's not because I'm a god. I am above average. I play Overwatch in high Diamond rank and sometimes get into Masters (totally different game I know, but still). APEX currently feels like I'm in games against the equivalent of Bronze and Silver people. Last night I won 6 games in a row with relative ease and to me it wasn't very fun because I kept steamrolling enemy squads, often winning firefights pretty much by myself with basic flanks that I know wouldn't work so well against better skilled squads.

Yeah, I'm already getting tired of winning. There is no real reward for winning. I'd rather be challenged by playing against equally skilled players and be rewarded with ELO.

Message 5 of 31 (15,312 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
i mean just look at fortnite they dont even have competitive matchmaking prob takes some time
Message 6 of 31 (15,308 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I found learning to play Overwatch more fun than being killed instantly in Apex. Being ranked against people my skill level is much more fun.

Message 7 of 31 (15,284 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This game needs this so bad it's not even funny. I am 100% new to the BR genre as well as shooters. The only other shooter I play is Overwatch, and I'm silver at best. To say that getting matched with 2-3 groups of level 50-80 players EVERY single game is disheartening is a massive understatement. I'm basically just a loot carrier to them. I don't have the knowledge, or ability to play against players like that. Every game I play I either immediately get taken out by a group like this, or fight 1 or 2 other squads, gear up, and then get STEAMROLLED by a group like this. I would say 80% of my games end by getting killed by players who are 40-60 levels ahead of me with 500-5000 kills. it's not fun. It's not interesting. It makes me want to not even bother because my time could be spent doing something much less aggravating. 

Message 8 of 31 (15,244 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Dear lord gamers these days,... Casuals wanting everything.
I WANT TO PLAY VS OTHER CASUALS, I WANT PEACEKEEPER REMOVED, I WANT TTK LOWER, I WANT MORE FREE APEX PACKS, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT...

The game is out for 10days.... 

These posts are so urghhhh... I'm casual and I get killed must be a hacker its not fair its not this or that. Maybe just maybe you get to try to get better?
Where is the time where gamers actually played games to have fun and IMPROVE...

I'm already calling this, when matchmaking is out, all of these casuals will start posting the typical posts: "OMG MATCHMAKING BROKEN, STUCK IN ELO HELL, PLEASE FIX, I'M A DIAMOND PLAYER STUCK IN SILVER CAUSE THIS MATCHMAKING IS BAD, NOT ME!!!

Message 9 of 31 (15,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I literally don't have a problem with any of the other things you pointed out. I just want to play with people who are more around my skill level. Wanting to go at my own pace shouldn't be a big deal. I dont think ive ever seen a hacker yet. Just very skilled players. Not wanting to be fodder for people who have invested 10 or 100 times more time learning the ins and outs of every aspect of the game shouldn't be a big deal unless you're just worried about having to fight people of appropriate skill.

Message 10 of 31 (15,196 Views)