Re: Any news on 1.06 ?

by draqonin

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@Arsenic_Touch wrote:

The extra cosmetics that they were supposed to release this month for those with the deluxe edition will be coming with the patch tomorrow - https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/862151940356100097

So you mean it fixes it for people that were not able to be awarded? 

Message 251 of 308 (655 Views)

★★★ Guide

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@Arsenic_Touch wrote:

The extra cosmetics that they were supposed to release this month for those with the deluxe edition will be coming with the patch tomorrow - https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/862151940356100097

So you mean it fixes it for people that were not able to be awarded? 

That is a separate issue. This is about new items that were set to be released this month. 

Message 252 of 308 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@CasperTheLich wrote:

@EgoMania

i actually contend the sacrifice the protagonist for extra cheap drama ending has eclipsed it as standard, at least these days.

---edit

after watching a vid by total biscuit, i decided i'd stop purchasing dlc that should have been included in their game to begin with, but were pulled for reasons revolving around greed. 

Just another way to maintain the 60 USD ceiling for the base game and release more content for more $$. It is kinda a hokey way to do it *BUT* we got an awful lot of content for 60 this time around as base. It is a shame they didn't use more of that content to close some plotlines, but, it is what it is.

You'd of missed Javik completely, and, that would of been a shame... not counting Citadel even.

At least you can always watch Youtube videos.

i actually purchased the ashes dlc before watching the vid, so i do know the bada**ness of javik.

---edit

when you look at it logically, javik is kind of a must... why you ask? because without him your team lacks a vanguard, unless shepard happens to be one.

Message 253 of 308 (641 Views)

★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

---edit

after watching a vid by total biscuit, i decided i'd stop purchasing dlc that should have been included in their game to begin with, but were pulled for reasons revolving around greed. 

Well, I feel Leviathan should've been included because it's essential to understanding the game overall and in particular the ending of ME3. Beyond that though I have no problem spending money on dlc if the game is good enough and the dlc interesting enough.

If greed is your concern, I'd suggest being consistent and just stop buying anything that has EA written on it. Greed led to these poor character animations as it is.

There is more than greed though...Faces were changed at the last minute with the release patch. Particularly FemRyder got the worst of that...it wasn't poor design, it was a choice to ugly them up because they looked much better from what I've seen on the web. Here's an example:

https://segmentnext.com/2017/03/20/mass-effect-andromeda-day-one-patch-may-fix-facial-animation-of-t...

That makes me angrier than a company wanting to cash in with some dlc. Oh and if you want to see real greed then check out the cash shop in SWTOR. Holy *, do they rip you off there.

Message 254 of 308 (630 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@PandaTar wrote:

Whew, finally. Tomorrow I'll be able to tell if I'll keep following MEA or not then.

LOL ... do you really think they fixed the entire game? Fingers crossed

Message 255 of 308 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@MeinChurro wrote:

It's too bad they took so long to roll it out that I have completely and utterly lost interest in playing the game at all, and have already moved on to other things. Tongue out

I'd say it's too bad it was even released in that state. I wonder how much they could fix in 2 months for years of work on the game. Clock We shall see...hehe

I mean what happened in Bioware??? This is just odd... it's like they don't have an Art Director, Supervisors, Screen Director with a keen eye on the game experience, looks, etc.

We as players are capable of noticing artistic, appearance, tech flaws... and they don't? Just odd. It's like Andromeda was their first game on the market... lol

Message 256 of 308 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

everyone rejoice!! patch is scheduled to rollout tommorow 10 AM murrican time. (or cca 5 or 6 PM GMT depending on your timezone) !!

Message 257 of 308 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

^ Source ?

Edit : nvm i read Mike Gambles tweet. Will be interesting to see how this goes. Tomorrow will decide whether i stay interested in the game or not. I am hanging onto a thin thread :-P

Message 258 of 308 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@AbhijitSMaside from the things actually getting fixed i dont see how making the game so easy that the inept cowards who have been living on bronze are able to play on gold is going to improve ANYTHING! its just going to increase the odds of getting a cretin in your group if you are running with pugs. as for me and people like me.. they will be removing any level of challenge from the game (it wasnt that hard to begin with!).. wheres the motivation in that?

but im already 99% committed to deleting it from my hard drive. between the complete incompetence on the part of bioware and the lack of oversight from ea, coupled with the god awful support and turn around time to fix these HUGE issues i have no faith left. rest assured when they announce the new NFS at E3 i will have my middle finger raised high.

they have already offered a discount on the game to boot.. yea, THAT will keep us preordering!

Message 259 of 308 (458 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@draqonin wrote:

@PandaTar wrote:

Whew, finally. Tomorrow I'll be able to tell if I'll keep following MEA or not then.

LOL ... do you really think they fixed the entire game? Fingers crossed

No, no, I was referring to the way they are dealing with fixes, their priorities. If I deem acceptable, even if taking a bit long to cover critical content, that would be fine.

Message 260 of 308 (436 Views)