Re: Any news on 1.06 ?

by Aggi_dd_orig

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@Aggi_dd_orig wrote:
Still nothing new at the Patchfront?

I can only forgive(mental Wink ) the current anomaly in the communication from EA/BioWare If I need 10-15 minutes in the next patch notes (single player) to read the fixes.

You mean nothing new in the last business day or so since they talked over the MP updates and where they got their data for the next path?

Message 231 of 308 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

What these mods actually did?

And this one looks like a fun character creator.

Message 232 of 308 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

i'll try to post some youtube links.

MEEM FemShep dialogue 

MEHEM Video

it's far easier to show you, as opposed to write a few text-walls

---edit

i guess i could add, MEEM alters the whole catalyst ending dialogue so it's a lot less absurd. where as MEHEM removes the scene entirely, and you either get a Fail ending, or a modified high ems destroy ending where edi, & the geth survive (assuming the geth weren't killed off in the quarian questline), iirc they also get new custom made ending slides.

Message 233 of 308 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

arthurh3535 schrieb:

@Aggi_dd_orig wrote:
Still nothing new at the Patchfront?

I can only forgive(mental Wink ) the current anomaly in the communication from EA/BioWare If I need 10-15 minutes in the next patch notes (single player) to read the fixes.

You mean nothing new in the last business day or so since they talked over the MP updates and where they got their data for the next path?

I meant it more generally.
Yes, there was some info about the multiplayer part, but nothing substantial about the many problems in the singleplayer.
The list of known problems has not been updated for a long time.
This would, for example, already make a difference.

But more than we work on it, is not.
I find it impossible, that no compressed information came back to us.

It probably runs according to scheme: "A snippet here and there on Twitter or on Reddit etc."
Is this the forum of the publisher who brought the game out or not?
Bioware has no own forum anymore or am I wrong?

These are many small things, which excite me up.
And I like to gamble the game, but I have the guess that fans of the MassEffect series are more concerned about this than the developer / publisher.

Sry that was slightly longer than planned.

Message 234 of 308 (422 Views)

★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

@PandaTar wrote:

i'll try to post some youtube links.

MEEM FemShep dialogue 

MEHEM Video

it's far easier to show you, as opposed to write a few text-walls

---edit

i guess i could add, MEEM alters the whole catalyst ending dialogue so it's a lot less absurd. where as MEHEM removes the scene entirely, and you either get a Fail ending, or a modified high ems destroy ending where edi, & the geth survive (assuming the geth weren't killed off in the quarian questline), iirc they also get new custom made ending slides.

I dunno. The MEEM ending completely bypasses and goes against the Leviathan dlc, which actually explains the whole background. From my perspective that dlc should've been a part of the game and a required mission before going to the point of no return. I was satisfied with the explanation in Leviathan and had no trouble with the ending of the game after seeing that.

The MEHEM, well, yeah I suppose that's what a lot of people would've liked to've seen but it's kind of a run of the mill, standard ending.

Message 235 of 308 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@EgoMania

i actually contend the sacrifice the protagonist for extra cheap drama ending has eclipsed it as standard, at least these days.

---edit

after watching a vid by total biscuit, i decided i'd stop purchasing dlc that should have been included in their game to begin with, but were pulled for reasons revolving around greed. 

Message 236 of 308 (390 Views)

★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

@EgoMania

i actually contend the sacrifice the protagonist for extra cheap drama ending has eclipsed it as standard, at least these days.

Not sure what you mean. I was refering to the MEHEM ending there and Shepard is still alive at the end there.

Message 237 of 308 (385 Views)

★★★ Pro

@EgoMania

i was saying once upon a time it used to be fairly standard for the game to handout a happy ending if you put the work into it... then dev teams started killing off their protagonists for a bit of extra drama, and that has become the new norm. that's all

Message 238 of 308 (383 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CasperTheLich wrote:

@EgoMania

i was saying once upon a time it used to be fairly standard for the game to handout a happy ending if you put the work into it... then dev teams started killing off their protagonists for a bit of extra drama, and that has become the new norm. that's all

ME3 and MEA are different in this regards. Shepherd almost certainly dies permanently, with only a small clue he might have survived by his name being omitted from the wall of fallen. Ryder brushes (oh so very close) with death, but they are alive and well after their brush. Ryder's 'near death' is to show how close to death they came, while Shepherd's is the end of the story.

Message 239 of 308 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

@EgoMania

Ahh I see what you mean. Yeah, BW has definitely gotten on that train and went beyond it, by killing their protagonist and ressurrecting them. Poor Ryder already died a few times in one game. So where do you go from there?

Actually, I'm afraid to even try to answer that question. I just want them to go back to good story telling instead of all this gimmicky stuff.

Message 240 of 308 (370 Views)