Original Post

Re: Any hope for new sets?

★★★ Newbie

Daalnnii, Any update?

Message 11 of 18 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Let's put it this way: The game is so dead, that even the forums have died down so much, and with no feedback from anybody who actually knows anything,  that players from here are migrating to the Reddit forums.

In fact, it's so bad people are relying on other players, Who Are Pretending/Suggesting To Know More Than Others And Are Not Part Of EA, for answers.

Even if there is another update, how will we know that we won't have to wait a YEAR for the next? 

Game is dead; play til you're bored.

Message 12 of 18 (3,568 Views)

★★★ Guide

Chess hasn’t had a new piece added in about 2000 years.

Message 13 of 18 (1,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@blinddouble wrote:

Let's put it this way: The game is so dead, that even the forums have died down so much, and with no feedback from anybody who actually knows anything,  that players from here are migrating to the Reddit forums.

In fact, it's so bad people are relying on other players, Who Are Pretending/Suggesting To Know More Than Others And Are Not Part Of EA, for answers.

Even if there is another update, how will we know that we won't have to wait a YEAR for the next? 

Game is dead; play til you're bored.

Lol I'm not pretending or suggesting to know more.  I do, however/in fact, have a direct line to chat with our community managers who have been trying to get answers from the popcap Dev team.

I have never suggested or implied I know what's coming or that I am an EA employee, though. 

Thanks for the comment.  I'm gonna go ahead and mark it as the answer because it amuses me so, and I think you deserve the extra xp just for that 

Message 14 of 18 (1,206 Views)

★ Pro

@puntwothree wrote:

Chess hasn’t had a new piece added in about 2000 years.

Good point! Standard smile

Message 15 of 18 (1,183 Views)

★★ Guide

No new sets coming up, but there's a big balance change apparently soon to happen (according to reddit). That should at least shake up the meta a bit.

Message 16 of 18 (1,122 Views)

★★ Novice

I also think the update is coming soon until. Most probably until next Monday

Message 17 of 18 (1,108 Views)

★★ Guide

To the person saying the game is dead because people moved to reddit: The reddit forums have always been considerably more active than these official forums ever where, even at the height of the game's popularity and dev activity. They currently have 6,700 people following the forum and quite a few posts get written each day. Not only that, but I see frequent posts from new people. The game may have reduced its developer support, for sure, but the game still has a good following. It probably won't last as long as chess, but I think it still has some life in it.

Message 18 of 18 (1,096 Views)