★★★★ Pro

@XoniaX00 wrote:

i want tips as a newbie i need to a begginer tips on 

1- which legend i play first 

2- where to land 

3- where to find the best loot 

4- which weapons are the best to kill quick 

1. Each person's different, it's who you gravitate toward start using the most

2. Don't hot drop in to area's at the beginning of the map more toward the middle or end of the trip

3. from my experience: Cascade, Repulsor, hydro dam, Skull town, Thunder dome, Artillery, Bridges, Relay, Swamp, area's near swamp and hydro dam, pit, slums. 

4. anything Heavy ammo, Energy weapons but need to learn the recoil, peace keeper, and R-301

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (1,443 Views)

All Replies

Re: Any good tips for begginer

★★★★ Pro

@XoniaX00 wrote:

2- where to land 

1. Each person's different, it's who you gravitate toward start using the most

2. Don't hot drop in to area's at the beginning of the map more toward the middle or end of the trip

3. from my experience: Cascade, Repulsor, hydro dam, Skull town, Thunder dome, Artillery, Bridges, Relay, Swamp, area's near swamp and hydro dam, pit, slums. 

4. anything Heavy ammo, Energy weapons but need to learn the recoil, peace keeper, and R-301

Message 2 of 15 (1,444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thank u ill see what i can do 

Message 3 of 15 (1,408 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@XoniaX00 wrote:

2- where to land 

I started off playing lifeline first, purely because of the healing drone so you don't have to look for medkits.

As stated above, try to drop later on the trip to avoid multiple squads. You'll need to get your bearings and have time to get to grips with the game without squads breathing down your neck.

Don't worry about best loot, and just get used to looting and quickly. Get familiar with ammo types that are needed for certain guns etc. Slow looting normally = death lol.

The R301 is the easiest weapon to control with a pretty fast TTK. Only through using different weapons will you find which is best suited to your playstyle.

I'd practice movemoent and aiming as much as possible in training so you can master fluid movement, and get familiar with picking up weapons and ammo. You'll get a feel for which weapons you like in training, then keep an eye for those weapons in game.

Happy hunting Standard smile

Message 4 of 15 (1,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I'm not sure which settings i'm on, but I remember that being a big issue when I first started a month ago.

Trial and error until I finally found one that suited my play style.

The default setting was way too slow for me, couldn't amount to anything good until I changed them.

Edit* My response curve (Xbox) is on Steady, and sensitivity is on high.

Here's a good head start article;

https://www.keengamer.com/article/20877_5-best-apex-legends-controller-settings-from-backoffmyjankz

Message 5 of 15 (1,334 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Gabrielmojo26 wrote:

I'm not sure which settings i'm on, but I remember that being a big issue when I first started a month ago.

Trial and error until I finally found one that suited my play style.

The default setting was way too slow for me, couldn't amount to anything good until I changed them.

Edit* My response curve (Xbox) is on Steady, and sensitivity is on high.

Here's a good head start article;

https://www.keengamer.com/article/20877_5-best-apex-legends-controller-settings-from-backoffmyjankz

@XoniaX00 This is also good advice, although I'd only start changing sensitivity if it feels like dragging the crosshair through treacle lol. You can get lost always changing settings and never getting comfortable with any. Change this according to "feel".

Mine is set to classic, Movement 5. ADS 4. I find a slower ADS helps me stay on target while a quicker movement/look setting enables me to turn on enemies faster, but does make hipfire slightly more awkward.

Message 6 of 15 (1,324 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@XoniaX00 

Useful 'tips' threads:

How to Surive in Apex by The_Tibber

How to Apex by Marten by MartenPhilip

Tips, Tricks and Cool Stuff By EA_David

Tips to Improving Your Aim By ViqTiM

Movement Guide by Megatf_TwitchTV

Ultimate Quick Reference Guide by Zenoxious

Official website

Message 7 of 15 (1,299 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@XoniaX00 

drop swamps a lot of loot and usually get one other team that Lands there at most 2 but it is one of the few places with a lot of loot that you don’t have to worry about getting jumped during your first gun fight

and use spitfire and r301 until you get your settings figured out they are the two easiest guns to control 

Message 8 of 15 (1,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@XoniaX00 wrote:

2- where to land 

1.  I think Bangalore is a good Legend to begin with. Each of her abilities are useful for defence. You can read about the Legends here.
  2.  Try to land with your squad if possible. If you're the Jumpmaster you can keep an eye on where the other teams are by looking around while your in the air.
  3.  Loot is random but some zones will have a higher probability of high tier loot than others. If you keep an eye on your map it'll tell you the loot tier of the zone you're in.
  4.  This depends a lot on the situation such as your distance from your opponent. You may want to carry weapons of varying effective ranges such as a sniper rifle and a shotgun.
Message 9 of 15 (1,278 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Silz616 yea i really need a good setting cuz i sometimes its hard aim ill try urs thnk u
Message 10 of 15 (1,226 Views)