Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Any actively useful?

by Dbgt82

Original Post

Any actively useful?

★★★ Apprentice

Are any of the javelins actively useful over others?

I was reading the tips on the loading screens and saw that the Interceptor's acid damage actually causes enemies to take more damage. That sounds insanely useful for the bullet sponges that even weakling enemies are in higher difficulties.

I've generally played Storm while leveling and run a double ice status build. I'd rather keep enemies frozen and allow others to hit the combos than focus on my own kills. Its a team game, right?

Are any of the javelins 'more valuable' in the GM1+ difficulties for specific things?

Message 1 of 8 (93 Views)

Re: Any actively useful?

★★★ Apprentice

This was an actual question. I'm a speck away from level 27, and I doubt I can play only storm 100% of the time, so I'm looking into the more 'useful' javelins.

Message 2 of 8 (81 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Any acid damage does that. 

To answer the question, I like having a Ranger in GM1 because their combo effect has a single-target focus. That helps take down the nastier enemies.

but really, I think you should do what is fun for you.

Message 3 of 8 (81 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had forgotten that combo effects changed based on javelins, actually. Ranger's was the bland 'increased damage', right? Storm spreads their damage in an aoe, so groups can literally melt... What do the other two do?

Message 4 of 8 (77 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Colossus has an explosion. Interceptor gives themselves an aura of the element detonated. Ranger does a big chunk of damage to a single target, which is handy.

Message 5 of 8 (69 Views)

★ Guide

@Dbgt82 wrote:

I had forgotten that combo effects changed based on javelins, actually. Ranger's was the bland 'increased damage', right? Storm spreads their damage in an aoe, so groups can literally melt... What do the other two do?

wrong XD

Ranger - Single target burst.

Storm - Spread CC in AoE 

Interceptor - Aura .. spreading CC via Touching the target.

COLOSSSUS BOY .. AoE Burst Damage

Message 6 of 8 (64 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

An aura of the element detonated... Can you explain that a bit more? Does the aura do damage? Only cause cc? Give resistances?

Message 7 of 8 (61 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Aura just spreads the effect to enemies the Interceptor gets near; doesn't inherently do damage.
Message 8 of 8 (47 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help