Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Any Updates Any Time Soon BioWare

by Loki_Deezie

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:

@jor19dan89 wrote:

How is that a lie?  They have added minor qol updates and a stronghold while doing  absolutely nothing about loot or any other if the main issues.

furthermore the entire roadmap is now delayed indefinitely.

dude if you take five minutes and look over their patch notes you will see tons of fixes, not every patch can be a damn DLC. Right now they are focusing on trying to get things running, once that is done then they will return to the roadmap. I rather that then the game being canned because at least this way we can still play a game we paid for.

Again though the stuff they are doing is minor.

I would be perfectly happy to jump in and play again if I knew I’d get loot so I can start experimenting with end game

load outs at the legendary level.

That however continued to be ignored.  Reward and structure if strongholds makes it so running hor and skipping boss is the best way to farm loot (abysmal as that loot may be).

They don’t need to drop massive content right now.  They need to fix the major issues with the same and make what we have no playable.  Rather than doin that though hey forge during missions yay.  Lol. It’s ridiculous.  That entire last update could have been skipped and should have been focused on fixing core game issues.

Message 11 of 19 (177 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Qol fixes and bugs is about it

the stronghold was basicly pointless seeing the point of running things is for loot...

they say loot is a looong and delicate process that needs much looking into...and that is a huge load of crap. case and point when loot was dropping GREAT all over from the heavens they were able to nerf it in hours to be less.....however to fix it to drop, more, better loot its takes months??? yeah, no, bull. a small fix now would be great, I don't need to be seeing anything of blue or purple quality on GM1 let alone GM3....every single one is a slap, a laugh in our face and a waste of our time

but all of that back and forth aside. 

adding more CRAFTING, and crafting of ALL masterworks and all ACUIRED legendary items, for better rolls, would add HUGE replay ability and customizing, yes a simple copy and paste of the masterwork unlocks for the legendary unlocks would be a fix that would take, what? a week? seeing as they have all the coding and programming for just that on all other rarities you cant tell me it would take any huge amount of work to add that in and help the game by leaps and bounds within a very short window of time to give the quickly waning player base some content and a reason to farm.

Message 12 of 19 (157 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:

@jor19dan89 wrote:

How is that a lie?  They have added minor qol updates and a stronghold while doing  absolutely nothing about loot or any other if the main issues.

dude if you take five minutes and look over their patch notes you will see tons of fixes, not every patch can be a damn DLC. Right now they are focusing on trying to get things running, once that is done then they will return to the roadmap. I rather that then the game being canned because at least this way we can still play a game we paid for.

Here is what you dint understand.  Why were this things being fixed and not major issues to the name such as loot or making sure content came

out in time?

why did they have to delay everything in the first place?  

Why are they now not communicating about anything?

you simply blindly defend BioWare despite evidence showing they have no interest in fixing the game.  ( easy minor updates with minimal work sure, but nothing like buckling down and getting the game fixed and ready like they said they were going to.

I would say that unless something happens very soon it’s very obvious they have no intention of fixing any major game issues.  Rather they have their money.  Fire expensive people being in cheap ones and only minor updates that require minimal work and effort.

Message 13 of 19 (119 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@KariiFrost wrote:

the stronghold was basicly pointless seeing the point of running things is for loot...

they say loot is a looong and delicate process that needs much looking into...and that is a huge load of crap. case and point when loot was dropping GREAT all over from the heavens they were able to nerf it in hours to be less.....however to fix it to drop, more, better loot its takes months??? yeah, no, bull. a small fix now would be great, I don't need to be seeing anything of blue or purple quality on GM1 let alone GM3....every single one is a slap, a laugh in our face and a waste of our time

adding more CRAFTING, and crafting of ALL masterworks and all ACUIRED legendary items, for better rolls, would add HUGE replay ability and customizing, yes a simple copy and paste of the masterwork unlocks for the legendary unlocks would be a fix that would take, what? a week? seeing as they have all the coding and programming for just that on all other rarities you cant tell me it would take any huge amount of work to add that in and help the game by leaps and bounds within a very short window of time to give the quickly waning player base some content and a reason to farm.

Good points

Message 14 of 19 (116 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@jor19dan89 wrote:

No, I think it is nonsense to say the patches have achieved nothing meaningful, there are some 700 individual fixed and improved items in the patch notes. I think people would notice pretty quickly if the game rolled back to the Day One patch.

As for the roadmap, I see no evidence of the entire roadmap being delayed indefinitely. The Cataclysm remains listed as starting in May and Acts 2 & 3 remain listed for 'Year One'.

I can understand you appear to be particularly interested in loot changes, something that has already been announced is being worked on. So I suspect the updates you are asking for will arrive when they are ready.

700,<--- This number sounds like nonsense to me. It is definitely not a number I would have been quick to use so fast, because it just means, that there was 700 things wrong with this release.

Ultimately meaning, that everybody was right all along and that this game was launched, Waaaay too Prematurely.  

Every single one of those patches listed, has brought about just as many bugs, glitches and what not "Visual bugs".

They in turn have resulted in the roadmap being removed entirely, because BW is doing nothing but putting out fires. They don't have time, They have broken something every time they have "tried" to move forward.

Message 15 of 19 (110 Views)

★★ Guide

@jor19dan89 wrote:

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:

@jor19dan89 wrote:

Here is what you dint understand.  Why were this things being fixed and not major issues to the name such as loot or making sure content came

out in time?

why did they have to delay everything in the first place?  

Why are they now not communicating about anything?

Easy fixes for loot have already been implemented in the game. What you are speaking of is a major fix or probably the redesign of the whole loot system. No way it is an simple fix that can be easily introduced especially as loot system is deeply integrated into the game code.

Can you provide a link where the devs have announced that the entire roadmap has been delayed indefinitely? So far I heard of a delay and the reasons for the delay have been provided. These reasons namely are QoL improvements, bug fixes, improved stability, and game flow.

What should the devs communicate about? There was an update last week, there was a livestream as well as there was an official post regarding the delay of the content. They have also mentioned what to expect from the Cataclysm and when to expect further details:

-------------

Quote:

Cataclysm

The Cataclysm is an important addition to the game and it’s currently a big focus for the team. The Cataclysm will bring new challenges and rewards and pushes the story of Anthem forward. As our work continues, we will share more with you in May.

-------------

Message 16 of 19 (107 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Just so everyone knows. According to OP if loot isnt in the patch then nothing meaningful is in these patches. This is the reasoning players like OP use to make up their nonsense.

While i understand the frustration about loot, its not like its never dropping. If this were the case i wouldnt have 4 javs over 746 and 2 of those being 774.

So loot drops, just not enough (imo) and i would like too see some serious overhaul to how loot works. But i understand this isnt an easy fix so when it comes it will come, i can wait.

Message 17 of 19 (96 Views)

Champion

@KariiFrost wrote:

Adding a more complex crafting system would definitely be an improvement, but it also would definitely take longer than a week. Making the loot drop more would be easy, sure, but the hard part would be dealing with the consequences of it. If they simply made it rain Legendaries, everyone would just be farming GM2 instead of GM1, and GM3 would be as easy as GM2 is in full Masterworks. Essentially it would just eliminate a difficulty level, and make it even harder for a new player to get to the endgame.

Right now the Hard queues are more or less dead because everyone has moved on to farming GM1, because that’s the sweet spot for most in terms of how quickly they can clear the content while getting the most loot per hour. If everyone would be in Legendaries, GM1 would be dead as well, so newer players would have to grind for Epics AND Masterworks more or less solo to be able to catch up to where everyone is.

Meanwhile, everyone that finally has full Legendaries they wanted so much, would have the same complaints they have right now about Masterworks – “I have them all, they are now trash to me, nothing that drops is an upgrade for me, I want another tier of gear and a new difficulty to go with it.” Figuring out how to deal with those issues is what might take them a few months.

Also, for the record – in software development, time is generally measured in “sprints” or “iterations” (Agile methodology term). An iteration is typically two weeks long. So far they’ve had five sprints since Early Access launch. Out of those, they’ve produced three or four patches, and numerous server-side hotfixes. So yea, they’re working on the game. There’s just more moving parts to it than simply pushing a button to make it rain lemons.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 18 of 19 (85 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I for one haven’t been dropped into a mission in a long time that was glitched out. I’d call that a big fix.

Message 19 of 19 (63 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help