Re: Any Older X-Wing vs TIE Fighter Pilots from the 90's?

by EH_Genie

Original Post

Any Older X-Wing vs TIE Fighter Pilots from the 90's?

★ Apprentice

Hey Guys,

I used to be part of the old United Pilots Alliance (UPA) back in the day. Just wanted to know if anyone else was jumping on for this. I just purchased the HOTAS and I'm hoping to squad up again with some former players from the old XvT ERA. I don't think I'm the only old timer out here. Hopefully this game lets us set up a Clan vs Clan play to have competitive play against Clans again. I really missed that.

Qui-Jan 

Message 1 of 67 (2,045 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I played the games for a very small window (I didn't own a PC back then , played on my brothers while on a trip where he was stationed). He was hard core at the time and flew with a crew , not sure of the affiliation however. We are both jumping back in and plan to get Hotas as soon as stocks rebound.

Message 2 of 67 (2,000 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Qui-Jan,

You might be pleasantly surprised to know there are still quite a few old gamers lurking. 

I myself, am part of the Emperor's Hammer, which was formed back in the 90s!!!

Come find us on discord at  https://discord.com/invite/MSxYV8a 

We play just about every star wars game and more!

But be warned, we are Imperials! Standard smile 

Genie

Message 3 of 67 (1,857 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My first reply got deleted? 

I'm one of many "gamers from the 90s". So yeah you are not alone!

Squadrons is definitely bringing lots of players back Standard smile 

I'm part of a gaming community, called Emperor's Hammer btw (that's been around since the 90s)

Seek me out on the EH discord, discord 'dot' com 'forward slash' invite 'forward slash' MSxYV8a

I came back to these games about a year ago or so, after I  wondered if there were people still playing TIE Fighter.

Genie

Message 4 of 67 (1,971 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I was already gaming for approx 15years when the 90s hit. lol

Message 5 of 67 (1,936 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Red six, standing by

Message 6 of 67 (1,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Absolutely, I have very fond  memories of Tie Fighter, X-Wing, Aces over Europe and all the flight sims of the period. Very fond memories indeed.

I am primarily a single player gamer, so hope that there will be additional sp content coming for this in the future.

I am very nostalgic for this release and are just happy we are getting some X-Wing and Tie Fighter love again.

Hopefully it will live up to expectations and will be responsible for lots of fond memories.

Message 7 of 67 (1,906 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JNewb2 Skipped XvT (lack of campaign until it became an expansion turned me off), but I was in it from X-Wing to Alliance.
Message 8 of 67 (1,868 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep and beyond hyped for this game. Some of us have been setting up a new tight knit group for us 'vets'. It's called Gray Squadron and it's the only 18+ Squadrons group as far as I know. The Discord is AtMe3qM if you want to stop by. 

Message 9 of 67 (1,858 Views)

★ Apprentice

I played all the old starfighter games in the 90s, both X-wing and TIE fighter. Good times! My PC wasn't good enough to run them so I always had to visit a friend.

Message 10 of 67 (1,828 Views)