Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anticheat - Anthem policy

by TowelieTheTowel8

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Gaeandilth1 wrote:

Why are people so polite I see this same post alot. This an attempt to probe oreven force a weakness in the games anti-cheat. Anyone with that knowledge knows well how not to get banned if his intention was legit.

No?

Like I didnt use cheat engine in years but I would NEVER freaking guess you can be banned in an online game that has nothing to do with cheat engine and if you dont run cheat engine at the same time as an online game. I never would have guessed you can be banned jsut for *having* a cheat engine intsalled on your pc. All I see is mixed messages and "dont do that kids and by that I mean dont do anything. We're too cool to tell you exactly what not to do, too, figure it out"

I also have no idea if macros (especially the ones with auto fire) are allowed in this particualr game or not, because each and every game has different rules for it.

Message 11 of 17 (363 Views)

★★★★ Guide

When it comes to Publishers protecting their Intellectual Property/Games, it becomes a near-vertical slope when players *think* they can fool gaming systems and cheat.  Sometimes they can but they often need help of other programs.  And sometimes they are savvy enough to figure it out by themselves.  And then they tell their friends who also cheat...and the next thing you know, 1mllion players are BANNED.

The Cheat vs. Anti-cheat "duel" in Online Games has been happening a long time.  I once alpha/beta tested a game in 1995 called "The Realm".  A programmer figured how to cheat using a screen-scanning tool.  Her cheat was spread to everyone and the developers, Sierra Online, changed the code to defeat her cheat...so she changed her code.  The duel raged for months until she lef the game.  Years later, in her blog, she admits her cheat tool *RUINED* the game for herself and many others...and she wished she never made it.  It only took her 10 years to realize the Truth.

TQQdles™

Message 12 of 17 (355 Views)

★ Guide

@IIIIINexus wrote:

@Gaeandilth1 wrote:

Why are people so polite I see this same post alot. This an attempt to probe oreven force a weakness in the games anti-cheat. Anyone with that knowledge knows well how not to get banned if his intention was legit.

No?

Like I didnt use cheat engine in years but I would NEVER freaking guess you can be banned in an online game that has nothing to do with cheat engine and if you dont run cheat engine at the same time as an online game. I never would have guessed you can be banned jsut for *having* a cheat engine intsalled on your pc. All I see is mixed messages and "dont do that kids and by that I mean dont do anything. We're too cool to tell you exactly what not to do, too, figure it out"

I also have no idea if macros (especially the ones with auto fire) are allowed in this particualr game or not, because each and every game has different rules for it.

Never seen a ban for a hardware cheat. Be really hard to detect and the legality of banning for it be murky specially if the hardware is licensed. And sure like the proof a game banned you for having a cheat engine that wasn't active because there would be a MUCH larger issue with the fact they even know whats on your PC that isn't directly pertinent to systems affecting the game.

Message 13 of 17 (325 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, about that...

Unless you really know where and how to look (and I don't), the game itself may be rigged to detect you software list by checking windows registry without you noticing, I bet Destiny 2 does it, that's why I, and many other believe it or not, got banned from that game.

I btw took the safest route with anthem and created a partition, with only Windows 10, origin, discord, nvidia stuff and Anthem installed...also set the other drives to be offline and removed the path letter from the other partitions just to be extra safe :P...it only took 100 gb...

Message 14 of 17 (233 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Doesn't Anthem use Easy Anti Cheat?

The one that keeps getting false positives on led lighting services? 

Message 15 of 17 (161 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hard drives are cheap. 1TB for less than $50 bucks, a 500Gig for less. Lazy maybe a reason but finding hard drive space easy.
Message 16 of 17 (156 Views)

Meanwhile there are some in these very forums that have recommended exploiting to others, and a large amount of Anthem content on youtube and other services, is people showing people  how to exploit in the game. Nothing like loading into a quickplay only to hear someone talking about how to reset, so they can farm loot. It's kind of getting old loading in to hear that, only to open the map and leave because you do not want to be associated with that crap. If it was just them getting themselves banned it would be one thing, but they end up ruining the game for others.

Message 17 of 17 (136 Views)
Twitter Stream