Anticheat - Anthem policy

by NoMaDEviL

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Anticheat - Anthem policy

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello community, I have an odd question.

I was a Destiny player back when it launched on September 6, 2017, until one day I was caught in one of those awsome Bugie Ban Waves and I had to deal with the inexistent customer support and the community shenanigans, namely this: [Destiny 2 Ban] (I got my refund BTW).

Now, let's make this clear, I sometimes work with my pc, ergo I have Kernel debuggers on my pc, I have virtual machines on my pc, I have a number of virtual NICs on my pc, and somethims I want to goof around so I have Cheat Engine and Trainer stuff to mess with my offline games when I want to...I DO NOT CHEAT, NOR I INTEND TO, IN ONLINE GAMES, I'm not a * who needs an advantage against other humans and I don't see the point in it.

This said, can someone enlight me if the game is planning to have (like Destiny 2 supposedly had)  any means to check the programs installed on one's pc and ban you for it?

Because if that's the case, I gonna need to create a partition without anything but Anthem and I'll be pissed off because of the waste of disk space...

Edit: orthographic correction.

Message 1 of 17 (4,015 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anticheat - Anthem policy

Community Manager

@NoMaDEviL

For obvious reasons we cannot provide any info regarding our anti-cheat systems.

By the sound of your post, it seems like you likely have a pretty good idea of what could be construed as cheating so you know what not to do.

Better safe than sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (3,990 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@NoMaDEviL

For obvious reasons we cannot provide any info regarding our anti-cheat systems.

By the sound of your post, it seems like you likely have a pretty good idea of what could be construed as cheating so you know what not to do.

Better safe than sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 17 (3,991 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, I understand perfectly, but there was no harm in trying.
...well I guess I'll have to find space on my drive to avoid the risk of having WinDbg ram scraps mistaken for a cheating tool -_-
Message 3 of 17 (3,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Since a lot of cheating/sniffing tools reside on the root directory and Anti-cheat programs monitor activity on the root directory, will be likely that your tools/activities will be detected as "breaking the TOS/EULA".

Here is the Alpha User Agreement concerning AntiCheating:

[QUOTE]

EA Anti-Cheat Technologies. EA may use its own anti-cheat technologies in connection with the Alpha Program. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies will activate and monitor your game play, the game files associated with the Alpha Materials and your computer’s RAM. These technologies detect cheating and any unauthorized third-party programs running concurrently with the Alpha Materials and any modifications to the Alpha Materials’ files enabling or facilitating cheating. An unauthorized third-party program is any third party program or file (such as a “addon”, “mod”, “hack”, “trainer”, or “cheat”) that EA believes (i) enables or facilitates cheating of any type: (ii) allows users to modify or hack the Alpha Materials’ interface, environment, or experience in any way not expressly authorized by EA: or (iii) Intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through the Alpha Materials. When you disconnect from the game server, these anti-cheat technologies will be deactivated.

If our systems detect cheating, we may collect relevant information, including your EA Account name, details about any unauthorized third party programs and the Alpha Materials files modification detected, and the time and date the cheating was detected. If we determine you have been cheating, we also may terminate your participation in the Alpha Program and, in some cases, your EA Account.

[/QUOTE]

TQQdles™

Message 4 of 17 (3,870 Views)

★★★★ Guide

EA Anti-Cheat Technologies. EA may use its own anti-cheat technologies in connection with the Alpha Program. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies will activate and monitor your game play, the game files associated with the Alpha Materials and your computer’s RAM. These technologies detect cheating and any unauthorized third-party programs running concurrently with the Alpha Materials and any modifications to the Alpha Materials’ files enabling or facilitating cheating. An unauthorized third-party program is any third party program or file (such as a “addon”, “mod”, “hack”, “trainer”, or “cheat”) that EA believes (i) enables or facilitates cheating of any type: (ii) allows users to modify or hack the Alpha Materials’ interface, environment, or experience in any way not expressly authorized by EA: or (iii) Intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through the Alpha Materials. When you disconnect from the game server, these anti-cheat technologies will be deactivated.

If our systems detect cheating, we may collect relevant information, including your EA Account name, details about any unauthorized third party programs and the Alpha Materials files modification detected, and the time and date the cheating was detected. If we determine you have been cheating, we also may terminate your participation in the Alpha Program and, in some cases, your EA Account.

Per the Alpha User Agreement...  So your tools/activities would be detected as Cheating and flag your account.

At least you're accepting the answer...kuddos for that!  Many wouldn't do so...shows integrity! -)

TQQdles™

Message 5 of 17 (3,870 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah I know, problem is when you are completely unaware of that and u get flagged because they decide that your PC suite of programs is not compatible with the game...and the tools are not injected in the software so it's absolute inert, but the anticheat doesn't give a *.

Better safe than sorry, yeah...but it's a lot of work and space for a game...also I'm lazy
Message 6 of 17 (3,827 Views)

★ Apprentice

It sounds like you are tech savvy enough to set up your machine to avoid being flagged  as a cheater in error.   It may be challenging but nothing is worse than online cheaters.  Integrity of games is crucial.. who wants to play with a bunch of cheaters? I refuse to even load cheats or software to even see how some of those hacks work just out of principle. 

But game on! To each there own. Come on Feb hurry up and get here!Clock:eahigh_file:

Message 7 of 17 (3,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'd be more interested in knowing if the game itself is the one doing the "protection" (as well as serverside) or if Anthem relies on 3rd party spyware/rootkits to do the 'anti cheat'. As I have a simple no-spyware policy when it comes to games, this really decides if I go for the game or not. So the question is: Does Anthem protect itself like Destiny 2 or does it use spyware wrapped around the game client (BattleEye, Easy Anti Cheat, etc..).

Message 8 of 17 (3,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Answer is simple - don't run Cheat Engine at the same time with Anthem. Anti-cheat software detects only programmers that running in real time and interfering with RAM. They are not able to detect/report you for merely having such software installed on your PC.

Message 9 of 17 (3,387 Views)

★ Guide

Why are people so polite I see this same post alot. This an attempt to probe oreven force a weakness in the games anti-cheat. Anyone with that knowledge knows well how not to get banned if his intention was legit.

Message 10 of 17 (3,380 Views)
Twitter Stream