Original Post

Re: “Anti-recoil controllers are NOT cheating.”

Hero
@lnxtvv I have no idea what you are even talking about but... ok, lol

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 71 of 131 (3,543 Views)

★★ Guide

OP correct, people just dont see no recoil macros as cheating, ive had the argument with several people over the last few years about it, of course people gonna cheat if they dont even think its cheating.

Respawn also do NOTHING to stop this despite what thier TOS says, they dont even have an option in game reporting ffs, THATS how seriously they take it.

Yeah they check third party programmes but most just dl the macro directly onto the mouse firmware, im assuming there are pretty big loopholes somewhere based on the people that have generated random hit and miss bans whilst using popular software like logitech.

Message 72 of 131 (3,529 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok, after reading through this thread I am convinced the vast majority of players complaining about cheating are just butthurt gamers that can't accept there are a lot of players out there better than them with better aim and control. Yes there is cheating, I have seen videos of aimbots and it is a legit thing but the strike pack does NOT allow average players to be S tier let alone God tier and if you are constantly getting clapped by controller players when you are using a mouse and keyboard then they are just significantly better than you as a controller's bit of aim assist still pale's in comparison to the advantage you have with a M&K. 

I have experienced both scenarios. First I have always always played on console and was intimidated to learn M&k. But I started practicing with it and after 2 days I was doing things I couldn't even come close to doing after 2 years of practice on controller in this game. And even though I have never before played FPS with on a mouse my aim was just as deadly if not better. Aim is only one of many parts that make a player great anyway, so a great player with all around good skills will wax an average player that has a bit of aim assist any day all day. Aimbot is a different beast all together and the scrubs trying to infer controller players have built in aimbot are just venting because they are losing constantly. How do you even know they are on controller anyway? I bet most times you just get beamed and then have to blame it on something because either: A) you can not beam someone like that therefore they must be cheating or B) you are just frustrated and are looking for excuses to feel better about your abilities. Honestly SBMM is most likely what is causing your frustration because once you get good it is throwing you against better and better players, and some of them are very good. But that does not mean they are cheating. Millions of people are playing this game. Many are playing hours and hours every day, they are going to be very good at it. 

Lastly I want to talk about the strike pack. When I started playing apex I began on xbox. However my gf got heavily into the game as well and only had a playstation so I decided to switch consoles but did not have a pro controller. I was in walmart one day and saw a strike pack having no idea what it was but thought it was only like 30 bucks for some paddle attachments I should try it, not convinced it would work. To my surprise the paddles worked wonderfully and I was amazed that I was able to save a nearly a couple of hundred dollars on a pro controller. HOWEVER soon the strike pack started getting random disconnects and I suffered may deaths and losses due to my controller disconnecting on me so I eventually bought a scuf anyway. Now when the disconnects started happening I started researching the product more and was blown away by the fact it could use scripts and a plethora of people were crying about cheating. So me being like many of you getting frustrated at times wanting to blame people for cheating instead of me being outplayed I decided to delve deep into this stike pack mods and test if it was really why everyone was beaming me. Long story short, recoil is very easy to control on weapons after hundreds if not thousands of hours of playing so the recoil control is blown WAY out of proportion. All the top players are lasers with their favorite guns anyway. The recoil mods also only allow you to use it on a couple of guns at the same time and you have to switch recoil patterns if you pick up different guns. This means that yes it will help some average to poor players be better with a couple of guns but they have to go around looking for it. Though for good players in a game that values movement it is just too cumbersome and takes too much time. I would rather be able to pick up any gun and do work and push every moment rather than look for specific guns or hide somewhere for a few seconds to switch gun profiles. And If i was only going to use one or two guns, after hundreds of hours you should be beaming people anyway and not even noticing the recoil. I barely even feel recoil on the 301 and 99 anymore as they were my favorites to use. Rapid fire did work and i can see that being a real problem against the hemlock and that is probably the one biggest advantage. yes you can shoot the hemlock as fast with twitchy fingers but it is difficult to maintain the same level of control while rapidly pushing the fire button. And aim assist mods were a bit of a joke as all i noticed was my screen shaking around. So in conclusion I realized that all these players probably were not cheating but most were probably just better than me and if I wanted to be better than I needed to put in the time. And then remember the disconnects I was already dealing with. Overall it was just not worth it. Most likely you guys, especially console players are not getting beamed constantly by cheaters, your probably getting beamed by people that spend hours every day playing the game. 

On one note though, I am not condoning the use of these scripts. Even though I found it not overly useful and surely not going to make average players on par with great players there is always the possibility that some great players looking for a competitive edge are exploiting these scripts to do what is not possible without them. And in other games it is a much larger issue. For example in NBA 2k21 with the use of the scripts it is common where players are using these scripts to get perfect release jumpshots every time and because of the way the game treats the significance of timing it completely ruins the experience for people going up against these cheaters. The script in that game can actually make an average player as good or even better than a good/great player not using the scripts. 

Message 73 of 131 (3,519 Views)

★★ Guide
@PODERINGPUGALIST Sorry but you are way off, your maths doesnt add up and its the A typical "gitgud" response.
In ranked if the top 2% is diamond and above technically the skill level drops down as you go below that.......... heres the thing though, it doesnt.
The problem is that in a free game 1 cheater isnt just one, they are a repeat offending scourge, they come back again and again, so there is as much chance of meeting a cheater in that 2% as there is catching one that just opened a fresh account on bronze.
I wouldnt soil my fingers with a console but M&K no recoil scripts are literally fully customisable for every weapon and a lot of attachments.
And how does no recoil offer no advantage? Instead of aiming and controlling spray all you have to do is track and left click.......
Im suspicious of
1, people who beam from distance with a 301 whilst both you and they are moving, they should at least miss with a couple of bullets but they dont.
2. octanes stimming cqc, jumping sliding, flicking 180s and landing every single shot.
Ive watched pros play in these scenarios and miss yet your telling me that low and mid tier scrubs are better than them????
I think your confusing peoples in game ability with your inability to understand the complexity and myriad of cheats available.
Basic math....... every developer on the planet will tell you conservatively that 5% of the player base is cheating, think how that equates per game?
I know it doesnt exactly work like that but 5 out 100 players are potentially cheating, thats not a myth, thats fact and "IF" they are banned they just pop straight back, basic cheats offer HWID and IP spoofing so there is literally nothing stopping them
Message 74 of 131 (3,503 Views)

★★ Pro

PODERINGPUGALIST, so you pretty much admit to use Strike Pad and try its added aim assists and no-recoil functions, even if its just to try it/test it.

And i`m supposedly to believe you are not using them any longer or just use it for paddles?

And i`m yet to believe that the hundreds of videos on youtube ad Strike Pad, Cronus(zen/max and so on) and now there is a new device, calling Winter something, that is even more powerful are not existing? And every single one of this clips is watched more than 10k. times, and guess how many of this peoples are using it?

I`m yet to believe that somehow so many console players are becoming Pros in a no time, they come from nowhere and in a nick of time they are getting absolutely top level at one of the hardest FPS games out there ? You know i stop believing in Santa long long ago. So many people are using Apex Xin as well, so saying that aim assist is not a super powerful is just ridiculous. Everyone with a sense of skill knows how powerful aim assists is. Every pro who is on MnK is talking about it. And even the best MnK players are losing to a controller players.

And they are even adding a stronger aim assists and literally no-recoil.

And can we stop with the nonsenses that recoil is so easy? Recoil on Apex is one of the hardest recoil, not because of the recoil pattern, tho there is a lot of guns with a lot of horizontal recoil, that are pretty much impossible to match, but the main reason is movement, bullet spread, bullet drop, million different distances(depends on it, its kick differently), as well as the different optics, and most importantly movement.

Its one thing to stand still and memorize the pattern, but its completely different when you have to deal with so much movement, on hand your movement and on other, enemy player movement, and you have high speed movement, and you also have to perfectly be able to tracking, which require a lot of years.

And just because you are playing 10 hours a day, that doesn`t mean a thing. This is not how you get good actually, and improve. You will diminish your return and mostly overtrain and will get stuck. Its not like i`m not having ninjas that playing for 10+ hours a day Apex exclusively, and i`m destroying them with my 1.5 hours of aim/movement training at day(and i`m not touching Apex).

As far as you are somehow better in just 1-2 days of MnK use over a 2 years of controller i will just said, than you are just not good with controller at all. Getting a top(not world class) Aim is a very very hard task, and require a lot of years in hard practicing, not just mindlessly playing a X game.

Still i`m very open to see that with my own eyes.

Recoil is a big thing, and totally change the way you approach the aiming in Apex Legends. Guys like ShivFPS who have 111k and its 100% legit, as well as Hakis, and Reps(just to mention a few), guys spend so much time playing, improving and try to get better at everything, you can clearly see their recoil, you can clearly see it, when they are trying to shoot really fast, when they chasing and how they lose the recoil, which is normally, no matter your skill level, and how the recoil kicks at certain distance with certain range, as well as how bullets are going, as well as when they are "airborne" and recoil kicks very hard, and yet you have players that for some reason this laws aren`t working for them. Somehow they have insane aim movement, they are lifting their mouse big time, they are doing all the flashy stuffs in the world(which will 100000% mean you will lose the recoil way way more often), and they somehow have absolutely no-recoil at all.

And again its not just an Apex problem. Warzone is absolutely filled with so many cheaters atm, its not even funny.

Everyone with a sense of brain, not just a rage cheat kid, who are going blatant, will know how to hide his cheat, and to looks legit.

Every single time someone is saying recoil is super easy to control, and its not a thing i just remember this streamer, and how he is saying, i`m just good at controlling the recoil. I`m just good. And everything would have been fine, if he wasn`t f****** up and showing his Engine Owning, trying to prove he ain`t running any cheats on his Task Manager ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A63Td6qeyc

BTW there is thousands of no-recoil, soft cheats sites for Apex and Warzone, and they are claiming, that their "software" hasn`t been detected from the very beginning, and they have thousands of people using it, as well as top streamers. And just to clarify this, this is their words, not mine.

I have a few conversation with some of them, because i was so suspicious of some people, and they just prove my point.

Message 75 of 131 (3,485 Views)

★★ Guide
@LordloshBang All excellent points.
also you have people being banned at Predater level ONLY because streamers and pros call them out, that means they have climbed up through all the ranks with respawn none the wiser.
Message 76 of 131 (3,467 Views)

★★★ Pro
@LordloshBang

I agree. If a person knows what he's doing with his cheats, they will get away with it until someone else using the same cheat will not customize it appropriately and so will expose the cheat to be included among EAC's checks and be eventually banned that way.
However, custom made cheats, which I would guess would cost much more and be only accessible to an "elite" audience, will be protected from unskilled cheat users reducing exposure by a lot.
There also are cheats that run on hardware, not a simple macro, but actual radar and aimbot. These cheats are not detectable by anticheats.
I would point to a source, but I'd rather keep unlisted --it is a youtuber who exposed that type of cheat a while ago (I'd imagine by now that cheat has been improved by a large margin).
Message 77 of 131 (3,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

The thing with Console or lets said it controller cheats, its they are devices, and good luck detecting and banning them.

The guys that are selling such devices, are the same that are selling different controllers for example. And even they promoting them for their stuffs like lowering recoil and stronger aim assists and so.

But you can`t do a ****, because they will just say, we are not telling them to use them in multiplayer game, but in SP for example. :D

And there is 1 more thing, if you play on console, not controller on PC, but on Console i think they are not banning Console players. :D

And there is some new stuffs coming. There is Apex Xin, which trick the system you are on controller, when you are on MnK, and so many other stuffs like X-Ray and so on.

And yeah from what i`m seeing they are banning just the blatant ones.

Usually Anti-Cheats work this way:

1.Signature detection

2.Stat analysis

3. User reports

The thing you said is right, but for them to put the cheat on their EAC database check, and ban it everytime someone run it, they need to get the signature of the cheat, but that is a difficult thing. They have to find the cheat and buy it. :D
And the Cheat developer seeing their cheat is getting detected, will just mod it, and good luck. 

Thats why todays private cheats(even the cheap one) are with subscription, and they are constantly "improving/changing" them.

I`m thrilled with how many forums there is out there for cheating in Apex, Warzone and other games. And threads in there are with 50-100k. views.

I just looked a thread in reddit, and one guy just show a screenshot(won`t post it, cause EA will delete my post) on a forum and first 5-6 thread, and all of them have insane amount of views ....

The main problem is the new cheats/devices are so smooth and its super hard to say if the guy is cheating or not. And if a skilled player is using it, its literally impossible. He will use it on toggle, and on it, when he is in the need of it or so.

The way i see it, they are banning the blatant ones, but they are doing nothing with it, cause they are on a new acc in the very next 2 minutes ....

They are actually doing absolutely nothing.

And the reality is they just don`t care. Removing every single cheater will mean way less player base, which will also mean less money for them ....

FPS games currently are in a real bad state to be fair.

I like so much Apex and Warzone, and both games are so hard infested, its not fun playing anymore. All the hard work you put on aim trainers, training Ingame, FR and so on, its just so frustrating.

Message 78 of 131 (3,424 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@PODERINGPUGALIST

Eh. I will provide this for reference— not to boast:

I’m currently top 30 in the world on console for headshots. I have a decent grasp on what good players are doing regarding aim. I know A LOT of people in Masters and Pred who have literally admitted to me that they are using strikepack macros.

This isn’t a “we’re sour because people are better” convo. This is a “people are literally using unfairly methods to get an advantage” convo.
Message 79 of 131 (3,418 Views)

Hero
@Axs5626Sxa5001 Finally someone tells it how it is.

@PODERINGPUGALIST the tos clearly states third party applications are not accepted in the game to gain an advantage over others. They are removing a mechanic everyone in this game is suppose to endure. Therefore they are granting them self a advantage over others using macros and or devices.

I did not even have to read but the first couple sentences to see you have no idea what you speak of. A lot high rank people use devices or recoil removing scripts. Its a shame its a mockery they split in the face of everyone of us legit players.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 80 of 131 (3,407 Views)