Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem

by openingdragon28

Original Post

Highlighted

Anthem

★★★ Newbie
After seeing the trailer for Anthem I was blown away but am still wary of going back to Electronic Arts because of (gamebreaking) glitches and bugs. If I knew every bug and glitches was fixed sure i would play anthem. I abandoned E.A. for Ubisoft and until the glitches and bugs are fixed I am not playing a single E.A. game.
Message 1 of 4 (389 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem

@openingdragon28wrote:
After seeing the trailer for Anthem I was blown away but am still wary of going back to Electronic Arts because of (gamebreaking) glitches and bugs. If I knew every bug and glitches was fixed sure i would play anthem. I abandoned E.A. for Ubisoft and until the glitches and bugs are fixed I am not playing a single E.A. game.

I can't think of any game released totally bug-free, and I'm not sure EA is any more or less prone to bugs than anyone else.

Responsibility for bugs will fall to the divisional developer rather than EA as a whole.

If you want to play a 'stable' game it makes sense to check out both reviews and user feedback at the time of launch and make a decision then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 4 (320 Views)
Highlighted

As someone who just recently finished a USoft game, Far Cry 5, I can say without a doubt.....they have bugs too.  You can go visit their forums and see some of the issues there, as well as see how messed up they are with their stories...

So please don't think that ANY game dev will release game 100% bug free, if for no other reason that a game that works 100% fine for me on my machine, with the hardware and software used, may not work on your machine and it's hardware and software used.  I personally haven't seen a game in the last 20 years of playing that was bug free even after patching was completed.  So the best you can hope for is one that is mostly bug free, and most of the big bugs gone, that works on your machine and is fun to play.  The last one is something many forget....and also fun to play includes both game mechanics and STORY...as many times a horrible story will kill a game because people don't want to deal with it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Well that is up to you buddy. That is your opinion...If I am hyped for a game before release. I am definitely gonna buy the gold edition and play for a year. I play a lot  of ubisoft games(division,for honor,ghost recon wildlands). Only EA game I continued to play is bf1 for a year. Which was my first FPS multiplayer game. If people only knew how hard it is to develop a game they wouldnt say stuff like this. Its easier to blame the devs and be done with it. I personally tried developing and it is tough man. We rarely get to see bug free games. No matter what happens or others say, I am already hooked and I am buying the gold edition for Anthem.  

Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)
Twitter Stream