Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

by ElectricBill360
Reply

Original Post

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

★★ Guide

Nah, it’s way to early for that judgment. Anthem is exactly in the middle of that prime spot where cynics call a game dead. Meanwhile devs continue their work and usually about 6 months out opinions change. 

 

Anthem has way too much going for it.

 

it’s a ton of fun. That right there says a lot. It’s gorgeous.  The flight mechanics are awesome and unmatched by anything else out there. 

 

 

Message 21 of 31 (243 Views)

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 wrote:

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

Don't have any mental or physical diseases all.  Thanks for the 'concern'.


Shouldn’t hurt to check with a doctor then. Unless Jesus told you that personally, of course.

 

@Amongtheweak you’re not triggered by it because you’ve never been assaulted by someone screaming “MAGA” at you. Anywhere you go, from home to public areas, is likely made a safe space for you by default, by the prevalent social norms. Your rights to exist and choose your own path in life probably aren’t questioned on a daily basis. It would be curious to see how well you’d cope if that wasn’t the case.



@cake404 wrote:

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

Don't have any mental or physical diseases all.  Thanks for the 'concern'.


Shouldn’t hurt to check with a doctor then. Unless Jesus told you that personally, of course.

 

@Amongtheweak you’re not triggered by it because you’ve never been assaulted by someone screaming “MAGA” at you. Anywhere you go, from home to public areas, is likely made a safe space for you by default, by the prevalent social norms. Your rights to exist and choose your own path in life probably aren’t questioned on a daily basis. It would be curious to see how well you’d cope if that wasn’t the case.


well @cake404, ill never agree with anything you say about this game, but am with you 100% here

Message 22 of 31 (223 Views)

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

★ Apprentice
Except its already dead because bioware and EA have abandoned ship.
Message 23 of 31 (208 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Love the optimism, but even the best things die.

 

Given how much the game has made, they might try an Anthem 2. Not sure how many people would be willing to give them a second chance after this train wreck, but you never know.

 

I don't see this game living to a ripe old age. It's on life support and the devs keep tweaking the power supply instead of listening to the patient.

This game will die if they don't listen to the players. Simple as that Standard smile

Message 24 of 31 (130 Views)

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

★★★ Guide

@BoosterTungsten wrote:

@TheReal_USA_MAGA 

 

This is a dead parrot.

 

People in this forum still posting just like to see it rot.


"...'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!"

 

Just in case anyone missed the reference... thanks W!

Message 25 of 31 (190 Views)

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

★★★★★ Apprentice

@brodieburnett wrote:
Except its already dead because bioware and EA have abandoned ship.

 

According to the EA earnings call yesterday they are doing anything but. They said their commitment to the game will continue. We will not see announcements from Bioware until something is actually ready, that is the difference going forward.

Message 26 of 31 (168 Views)

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

★★★★ Novice

Warframe. And that’s 4 years old.

 

 

 

 

Message 27 of 31 (132 Views)

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ElectricBill360 wrote:

Love the optimism, but even the best things die.

 

Given how much the game has made, they might try an Anthem 2. Not sure how many people would be willing to give them a second chance after this train wreck, but you never know.

 

I don't see this game living to a ripe old age. It's on life support and the devs keep tweaking the power supply instead of listening to the patient.

This game will die if they don't listen to the players. Simple as that Standard smile


Considering the patient is basically saying “I don’t need life support, just overdose me on morphine, it’s what I’m paying you for!” I’m not sure your analogy works very well. Not every patient is an MD, and not every gambling addict is an expert in probability theory, even if they all try to act like it.

 

Trying to shut this game down and sell Anthem 2 would definitely be a nail in the coffin though.



Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 28 of 31 (120 Views)

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

★★★★★ Apprentice

Anthem will never die because you have to have ever been alive to die, and Anthem was * stillborn.

Message 29 of 31 (90 Views)

Re: Anthem will never die - and this is why

★★★★ Novice

So.. Make Anthem Great Again! 

😁👍🏻

Message 30 of 31 (57 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help