Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem stuck in low FPS

by Umagon-1

Original Post

Anthem stuck in low FPS

★★★★ Novice

As I was told to do, I'm writing it here.

I'm having a gigantic problem that makes my game unplayable. Basically, it's all about the FPS. I've been reading about many similar problems for the past few days, but nothing fixed it for me, including:

-clean boot

-reinstall origin / anthem

-factory reset of windows

-DDU driver removal and installing fresh drivers (both before and after a clean windows)

-disabling the origin in game feature

-limiting the FPS using amd chill and other third party software

-playing with vsync and borderless

Changing the settings EVEN to ULTRA changes NOTHING. Setting all to LOW? Completely no improvement.

Also, sometimes the game freezes after 15 mins or so of gameplay. Launching the game as admin changes nothing. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes not.

The FPS is always below 30.

My specs:

Radeon RX560 4GB (Legion Y520 version)

i5 7300HQ Quad

8GB DDR4

ANY help would be much appreciated.

Even if the problem persists, I want no refund. I'll do anything to play this game.

Message 1 of 21 (313 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Alterlight wrote:

As I was told to do, I'm writing it here.

I'm having a gigantic problem that makes my game unplayable. Basically, it's all about the FPS. I've been reading about many similar problems for the past few days, but nothing fixed it for me, including:

-clean boot

-reinstall origin / anthem

-factory reset of windows

-DDU driver removal and installing fresh drivers (both before and after a clean windows)

-disabling the origin in game feature

-limiting the FPS using amd chill and other third party software

-playing with vsync and borderless

Changing the settings EVEN to ULTRA changes NOTHING. Setting all to LOW? Completely no improvement.

Also, sometimes the game freezes after 15 mins or so of gameplay. Launching the game as admin changes nothing. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes not.

The FPS is always below 30.

My specs:

Radeon RX560 4GB (Legion Y520 version)

i5 7300HQ Quad

8GB DDR4

ANY help would be much appreciated.

Even if the problem persists, I want no refund. I'll do anything to play this game.

Try increasing the page file size. I set mine to 8,000mb min and 10,000mb max

Hope this helps,

Beer

Message 2 of 21 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Pelon56Hey, thanks for the reply. How exactly can I do that?

EDIT: Aight, I did it, I'll check if it helps.

Message 3 of 21 (300 Views)

Message 4 of 21 (297 Views)

Community Manager

@Pelon56 @Alterlight 

Pagefile max size should be ~3X RAM ->

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/2860880/how-to-determine-the-appropriate-page-file-size-for...

If you run out of Pagefile, Windows will crash and crash hard. Assuming you have the hard drive space, a 48GB pagefile max may not be unusual.

The O.S./game interaction with the pagefile is where an SSD can really shine when compared to a spinning disk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 5 of 21 (282 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, so I put the page file size exactly like Pelon56 said he put his, and it improved the framerate, but only a bit. It's playable now, but still about 30-40 fps, and the stuttering is not gone. I'll try to calculate the right amount and change the size again. Let's see what happens.

Message 6 of 21 (268 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It still revolves around 30fps or less. No major changes...

Even deleted the whole settings file and reset them to no avail.

Message 7 of 21 (252 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any ideas?

Message 8 of 21 (229 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

What resolution are you playing with? Because that has an impact on fps if the graphics card doesn’t have enough ram to support rendering at that desired resolution quickly. And just looking at your specs I would suggest you get more physical ram. I play on an a R9 290X and can get 45-60 fps at 1080p with all the in-game graphics settings at ultra. I have 32GB ram and a i7-4790, with more ram you shouldn’t have any problem getting better fps assuming the resolution you are trying to play at can be handled well by the graphics card.

Message 9 of 21 (227 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The thing is that no matter what resolution, quality setting or anything, the fps DON'T CHANGE. Don't improve, and don't get worse. Stable but * -30 fps ALWAYS. Ultra 1080p? Same FPS. Low 720p? The same.

Message 10 of 21 (224 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help