Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem stronghold suggestion

by BlitsedMonkey

Original Post

Anthem stronghold suggestion

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have a suggestion to improve the flow of the game play when it comes to the strongholds. 

On paper the idea sounds nice but I know very little about game development. Just enough to know its not easy. But would it be possible to have the strongholds put on a map rotation so you don't have to go through the prosess of launching another mission. It would allow the player to get right back into the fight after they finish a stronghold. It could also help with the problem of connecting to a server. 

Personally I have really slow internet, and connecting to a server doesn't always work. Out of 10 attempts I'll successfuly load in 4 or 5 times. But when the mission is over I have to leave and load into a new server hoping it will work. But if I could stay in the server that worked then I should be able to continue to the next stronghold with little to no problems. So the player could spend more time playing rather than loading. 

This could also help with grinding out the 150,000 experience for the challenge that gives you gold by letting the player go through stronghold back to back till they want to do something else. 

I'm sure someone has thought of this but I had to get it out there if it could help improve the experience.    Stronger together right. 

-An anthem fan 

Message 1 of 7 (566 Views)

Re: Anthem stronghold suggestion

★★★★★ Guide

That must be a very frustrating game experience for players that get connection/ loading/ pilot data errors for half the games they attempt to join. I don't know if such errors can be attributed to the server instance. But the option to stay on a server would be very useful if it offers a chance to reduce those errors. I think the natural solution would be on the prompt after the mission end and loot screens. Currently, you can select to go to the launch bay, to Fort Tarsis or to play another mission. Why not have a quick-play option here that implies to stay connected to that server instance?

Message 2 of 7 (462 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @DrBonifarz,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Thanks, @EA_Cade 

Would be great to see some feedback concerning @BlitsedMonkey's suggestion, even if it is just a statement that staying connected to the server instance is not technically feasible or unlikely to prevent those loading errors. I don't experience such connection problems myself, but it would be awesome if there was a way to help players that are facing these issues.

I realize my previous suggestion is missing a way to deal with sigils. Maybe the matchmaking process for quicklplay mission and quickplay stronghold could prioritize the last server, though. I don't think it is important to discuss the details here, but it is great to raise awareness and get people to deal with it that know what they are doing =)

Message 4 of 7 (426 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DrBonifarz @EA_Cade  I've been meaning to bring up the sigil's, I've felt it would be helpful to be able to have a check box to allow for using a 'loadout' for consumables (with a confirm button before launching) to keep from having to load the same setup every time we launch our fav. Jav builds. The conformation button would be an alert/reminder that you are using the same as your last run (would give the opportunity to change if wished/needed on a 'new launch', wouldn't be able to change them if you are staying in an existing mission/FP). It would fit into the scenario described. 

Hope that's clear and not muddled. 

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 5 of 7 (417 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yes, quite clear, @gortessoth 

I remember Sigil loadout suggestions like this one - and it came to mind in this context as well. (Would be useful as part of the loadout even without an extra confirmation step. I would even use such a feature if I had to keep a stack of crafted sigils that use up vault space. But I guess I’m going off topic here.)

Message 6 of 7 (398 Views)

★★ Novice

Cant say how thankful I am to have had this suggestion be noticed. I had thought about this suggestion for some time now but didn't know where to send it. After sending messages to Anthems official Facebook and other social accounts I had no way of knowing it would be seen or of any use. I have no idea of how this stuff works. But the internet does. And someone in the community surly has a better understanding then I do. So I left it to a game of chance among thousands of other posts. And sure enough the community new the way. Hope the suggestion helps with the future of Anthem, but if not then atleast I got to know rather than wonder. 

-A thankful Anthem fan

Message 7 of 7 (374 Views)
Twitter Stream